7.2 PROGEN missing

RJP

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Power Boost
Has anybody else had their 7.2 KW changes to the 2.4 kw without fixing any paperwork? Its been 3 weeks since I reported and nothing back from ford.
Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
what do you mean? the truck you ordered doesn't have 7.2 like you thought it did, or ford changed your order from 7.2 to 2.4? how did you find this out, and who did you contact "at ford"?

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
nevermind, i see your previous posts. you already got the truck. you got a copy of the window sticker or vin? i'm surprised that you say it says 7.2 on sticker, but doesn't have it.

OP
OP
RJP

RJP

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got thee window sticker with the salesman telling me it was a 7.2 cant blame him really, he was like didnt know the difference.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Are you saying that the sticker for your truck, with matching VIN, says that the 7.2kW pro power onboard +$750 is included, but the truck actually has the 2.4? Sounds like a misbuild. Never seen that before, I’d be really interested to hear the outcome

Sponsored

Mike G-Man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 1969 Mustang 428CJ
Occupation
Fed
I got thee window sticker with the salesman telling me it was a 7.2 cant blame him really, he was like didnt know the difference.
Sounds like the salesman told you it was the 7.2 but the window sticker doesn't identify that upgrade from 2.4 to 7.2. If any of the paperwork or emails/texts from the salesman/dealership specify the vehicle had the 7.2 then I'd say you have a legit case of the dealership misrepresenting the vehicle. They should take it back or get you the correct truck (probably after a long wait unfortunately)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That would be a major deal breaker for me.
I can't even figure out why Ford makes the Powerboost available without the 7.2KW option. Makes no sense. Fold the $750 in and make it standard.

OP
OP
RJP

RJP

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you saying that the sticker for your truck, with matching VIN, says that the 7.2kW pro power onboard +$750 is included, but the truck actually has the 2.4? Sounds like a misbuild. Never seen that before, I’d be really interested to hear the outcome
yes every peice of paper work they have on the vehicle shows 7.2 ..

OP
OP
RJP

RJP

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RJP

RJP

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well ford Just called, they got approval to fix the problem and they are getting the parts needed to change it out

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's interesting.
Because it implies that there's not only a parts list that would include the harness and and converter, but also that the truck could be programmed with the necessary software.

I bet there's some folks that would like to get their hands on that list. :)

OP
OP
RJP

RJP

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will see what I can do.

Service Manager didnt seem like it was too big of a deal lol we will find out if thats the case

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will see what I can do.

Service Manager didnt seem like it was too big of a deal lol we will find out if thats the case
I think the parts and harness routing would be pretty straightforward. It's quite possible that a module is included in the manifest of parts and that would immediately enable the additional features.

I was just looking at it from the AsBuilt records that are hosted on the mothership server. I guess that gets updated as soon as the truck "checks in", similar to what happens when we update our trucks using FDRS. The AsBuilt values on the truck are accepted and become authority in the cloud after the check-in.

Regardless, I'm really happy to hear this is able to be remedied in the field. Really cool!
Sponsored