7.2 kW generator retrofit?

RJP

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Power Boost
correct also added the back panel, I dont believe I have anything on the cost of the gen.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I assume you mean the inverter underneath the truck?
That's amazing that the harness and coolant loop lines were there.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
This may not always be the situation. I believe OP's was ordered with it and showed up wrong.

So, only part of it came wrong.

Fishstxy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F-150 FX4, 2022 F-150 Lightning reservation
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I’m in the same situation as the OP. I had to settle for the 2.4 since it was the only truck I could get. I asked about the retrofit and the dealer told me that in addition to the cost of the parts and technical challenge getting everything to work right, he said software updates would probably ‘break’ things because the 2.4 vs 7.2kw option is hard coded in the VIN and this would confuse the software updates which would always assume the truck has a 2.4kw inverter.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I’m in the same situation as the OP. I had to settle for the 2.4 since it was the only truck I could get. I asked about the retrofit and the dealer told me that in addition to the cost of the parts and technical challenge getting everything to work right, he said software updates would probably ‘break’ things because the 2.4 vs 7.2kw option is hard coded in the VIN and this would confuse the software updates which would always assume the truck has a 2.4kw inverter.
I'm wondering if it can be updated with FDRS by someone who knows what they are doing. Maybe @Jesse-Infotainment can chime in on that.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm wondering if it can be updated with FDRS by someone who knows what they are doing. Maybe @Jesse-Infotainment can chime in on that.
You need the inverter itself, which is almost down to the price of the upgrade itself. Ford is discounting it like 50% or so, but I believe it's backordered, but able to order on ford site. The 2.4 is more $ and backordered can't order it. Check the truck's wiring under the plug unit and see if all 4 wires are present there. They're red, black, white, green. This part should be the same, only needing the outlet with attached pigtail.

My speculation is that they're unifying the parts with the lightning, but the lightnings are shaped different. It's a very easy task to have the inverters eat 250-500v. This is done in solar quite often which does the exact same thing taking HVDC from panels and turning it into both 120/240 split phase and "48v" for charging battery banks. I may be giving ford too much credit when they can't even use the same ambient light floor LEDs when they're all the same thing.
Sponsored