"6 inch extended dark gray accent running boards"

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I am working with the "build and price tool" to prepare to order a new f150. With each option the photo of the truck updates to show that option. In my mind, a 6 inch extended running board would extend toward the rear of the truck an additional 6" to assist with access to the need of the truck near the cab. However, when the photo updates to show this option, the running board appears to be a different design, but is the same length and does not extend toward the rear any further. Do any of you know anything about this?
Thanks.
Sponsored

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
I am working with the "build and price tool" to prepare to order a new f150. With each option the photo of the truck updates to show that option. In my mind, a 6 inch extended running board would extend toward the rear of the truck an additional 6" to assist with access to the need of the truck near the cab. However, when the photo updates to show this option, the running board appears to be a different design, but is the same length and does not extend toward the rear any further. Do any of you know anything about this?
Thanks.
When I built mine at the dealer, he told me it was what you are referring to. It’s the running board that comes on the higher end truck, but extends to almost the rear tire to help get into the bed of the truck. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
When I built mine at the dealer, he told me it was what you are referring to. It’s the running board that comes on the higher end truck, but extends to almost the rear tire to help get into the bed of the truck. Hope that helps.
Thank you C_Low! Did you order that option? If so did it come as you describe, or are you still waiting for delivery?

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Thank you C_Low! Did you order that option? If so did it come as you describe, or are you still waiting for delivery?
I did order that option but it has not come in yet. ? lol

OP
OP

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I did order that option but it has not come in yet. ? lol
I hope it comes in just as you expected. ? I'm not looking forward to the long wait! I was told to expect around 4 months! And I haven't even begun the price negotiation yet.... ?

Sponsored

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
I hope it comes in just as you expected. ? I'm not looking forward to the long wait! I was told to expect around 4 months! And I haven't even begun the price negotiation yet.... ?
I hope so too! I’ll be mad if it doesn’t lol but I’ll have them change it out if it’s wrong because of what he told me it was. Wow 4 months!? I was told 6-8 weeks so we shall see. I just ordered it on the 3rd.

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I hope so too! I’ll be mad if it doesn’t lol but I’ll have them change it out if it’s wrong because of what he told me it was. Wow 4 months!? I was told 6-8 weeks so we shall see. I just ordered it on the 3rd.
Be prepared for a wait, not being negative, just realistic.

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
I got them in chrome... not knowing what they looked like, but you’re right, they extend to the rear tire. I’ll get better pics at some point.

2080C565-C172-4B42-93A1-163C040FC12E.jpeg
After looking at my build sheet I think I got power running boards. “ 18P PWR DEPLOY BDS” is what it says.

Sponsored

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
After looking at my build sheet I think I got power running boards. “ 18P PWR DEPLOY BDS” is what it says.
That’s the way to go. Good choice. Those extend close to the back tire as well.

OP
OP

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
Ya! That's what is confusing to me. They appear wider, but do not extend past the back of the cab toward the rear wheel as far as I thought they should. Do you know if they are wider than the standard and that is what the 6" is referring to?
not sure. I am picking mine up tuesday, can measure.
Sponsored