Sponsored

6/27/2022 Build Week

LariatOfFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT
Those of you with the 2.7, how are you liking it? I have it in my 2015 and love it, but it has the 6-speed transmission.
Sponsored

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Those of you with the 2.7, how are you liking it? I have it in my 2015 and love it, but it has the 6-speed transmission.
You will love it! I went from a 2020 2.7 with the 10 speed transmission, I’ve mentioned it here before, but it’s the biggest surprise for me with this truck, it is soooo much better than the 2020 2.7 and I was not expecting anything different. So glad I stayed with this engine!!

LilCorky61

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired, currently IT
You will love it! I went from a 2020 2.7 with the 10 speed transmission, I’ve mentioned it here before, but it’s the biggest surprise for me with this truck, it is soooo much better than the 2020 2.7 and I was not expecting anything different. So glad I stayed with this engine!!
Agreed. I had the 2.7 in my 2015. It was a solid engine. I had no reservations about getting it in my '22. The engine seems smoother and more powerful. The 10-speed tranny might help as well

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Any update? Slightly scared to ask. lol
Nope. Just called. Still on railcar sitting 8.9 miles from dealer. 1 week now.

Status did change from "constructively placed" to "arrived" today at 12:30 pm. From what i gather, that meant no room for car at offload spot, so stashed off to the side until it can get a spot.

So might get offloaded soon? Maybe the 12th will be key?

Order confirmed 2/12
Built 7/12
Arrive at dealer or pickup on 8/12??

Better not be 9/12. Lol.

BenB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lincoln Aviator, 2022 F-150 Lariat?
Occupation
Super
I got to test drive and look over the truck today! I didn't take pictures due to the dealership not cleaning the transportation grime off of it yet. Everything inside and under the truck was looking good and fitment was great. I want to check out the paint again once it is clean. Other than that I should be picking it up tomorrow or Wednesday 🥳

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I got to test drive and look over the truck today! I didn't take pictures due to the dealership not cleaning the transportation grime off of it yet. Everything inside and under the truck was looking good and fitment was great. I want to check out the paint again once it is clean. Other than that I should be picking it up tomorrow or Wednesday 🥳
Awesome, congratulations!!

BenB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Super
Awesome, congratulations!!
Thanks! I can't wait to get all of these boxes of add ons out of the house and on the truck where they belong. I have the short trim parts on the way to replace the crazy long ones on the front side of the rear wheel well too. One package that won't have dust on it 🤣

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
update after my daily morning call to CSX tracking number.

Truck was actually unloaded from railcar sometime yesterday. The railcar has departed for
destinations unknown at 6am this morning.

I can no longer track, so I am now in the dark until I get the call from the dealer that it has arrived.
Hopefully, it is not a long wait. My Ford ETA is STILL 8/16-8/22/.

8.9 miles away.....waiting on that last transport.

This is going to be the hardest wait. Nothing I can do but sit here and whine like a little girl that has her favorite toy taken away.

........oh, and don't think I haven't noticed all y'alls updated account photos rubbing in my face.

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
update after my daily morning call to CSX tracking number.

Truck was actually unloaded from railcar sometime yesterday. The railcar has departed for
destinations unknown at 6am this morning.

I can no longer track, so I am now in the dark until I get the call from the dealer that it has arrived.
Hopefully, it is not a long wait. My Ford ETA is STILL 8/16-8/22/.

8.9 miles away.....waiting on that last transport.

This is going to be the hardest wait. Nothing I can do but sit here and whine like a little girl that has her favorite toy taken away.

........oh, and don't think I haven't noticed all y'alls updated account photos rubbing in my face.
Oh man - That will be tough not being able to track anything. What you going to do?

Want me to send you a bunch of new truck photos to help consume some time? :LOL:

BenB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Super
Mission accomplished. 😌
Ford F-150 6/27/2022 Build Week 20220802_185305
Sponsored