6/21 build week thread

Caniki

Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, F150 Limited
Just be quick and honest. It’s not like it’s going to sit on the lot for weeks. (I also have two ordered, whoever delivers first wins)

Advertisement

Coffee Addict

First Name
Kirk
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Platinum
So I am happy with my status, but I am still amazed at the confusion and poor information flow on our purchases. I reached out to my dealer yesterday and asked for an update. Keeping my expectations low, and from past experience, I asked a very specific question: Has my truck left Dearborn yet? I did get a prompt response that the truck will still in Dearborn waiting on transport, but it should arrive by the end of the month. Doing my daily refresh the tracker today, it now says that the truck was delivered yesterday! While I am excited to get the truck, I am almost more relieved to be finished with this waiting/guessing game.

1626306321914.png

First Name
Billy
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So my truck came in today at two dealers (Ordered through two different ones) How has anyone dealt with the “losing” dealer (ie, how did you break it to them that you went elsewhere)?
Ordered 5/6
Blend 6/22
Shipped 6/29
Arrived 7/13
What allowed one dealer to get the truck faster than another?

dbrow5030

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat (On-Order)
Occupation
Finance
As of this morning my truck was in Belen NM, about 450 miles from Phoenix. Truck is so close!

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
I went here https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

Used the chat function to have someone look up my VIN and order number. Once your truck is on the train and moving they can see the last checkpoint the train was at.
Chatted with Tom on that link. Pals shows my truck sitting in KC yard. He shows it 30 minutes away from the dealership but the eta is still 8/5-8/11. Guess that date is wrong, lol. Hurry up and give me muh truck!

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Chatted with Tom on that link. Pals shows my truck sitting in KC yard. He shows it 30 minutes away from the dealership but the eta is still 8/5-8/11. Guess that date is wrong, lol. Hurry up and give me muh truck!
“Tom” must be a generic agent name… my tom just said they don’t give out that information and there was no way to track he knew of.

dbrow5030

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
“Tom” must be a generic agent name… my tom just said they don’t give out that information and there was no way to track he knew of.
Yeah as with every way we all have been using to track our trucks it's not always reliable and accurate....

Jpw791

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Truck came in today! I’m on vacation in Disney this week but hope to pick it up on Saturday. Glad this journey is finally coming to an end.

FFA40BAC-3926-4A28-AD83-DD36282CAC5D.png

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
Yeah as with every way we all have been using to track our trucks it's not always reliable and accurate....
This Tom was accurate, dealer is going to drive it from the rail yard tomorrow so I can get it Friday. Pals shows nothing and it wasn’t even scheduled to be moved from there for another week or 2, it’s a 35 mile drive?!?!

dbrow5030

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Got confirmation my truck is at the local rail drop off as of this morning. ETA STILL shows a crazy 8/3-8/9 delivery even though my truck is literally 11 miles away from the dealership. Taking all my willpower to not pester the dealer...trying to let them go through their normal process...

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR, 4X4, AMB, FX4
Occupation
Retired
Got confirmation my truck is at the local rail drop off as of this morning. ETA STILL shows a crazy 8/3-8/9 delivery even though my truck is literally 11 miles away from the dealership. Taking all my willpower to not pester the dealer...trying to let them go through their normal process...
The ETA's are not very accurate. I had an ETA of 7/23, It hit the rail yard 15 miles from my dealer on 7/6. Even with the truck driver shortage it got to the dealer on 7/12. From what I see the transit number is very close to the number of days it takes to hit the dealer. My transit number was 22. figured from the day it shipped that would have been 7/13 delivery.
Almost everyone I see posting is getting their trucks 7 to 10 days before the end ETA date.

Jpw791

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Financial Advisor
The ETA's are not very accurate. I had an ETA of 7/23, It hit the rail yard 15 miles from my dealer on 7/6. Even with the truck driver shortage it got to the dealer on 7/12. From what I see the transit number is very close to the number of days it takes to hit the dealer. My transit number was 22. figured from the day it shipped that would have been 7/13 delivery.
Almost everyone I see posting is getting their trucks 7 to 10 days before the end ETA date.
My ETA end date updated to late August when it updated my ship days to 7. Arrived to my dealer after 5 days.

Advertisement

Advertisement