6/14 Build Week Club

collinvon

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Boxster S, 2021 F150 Platinum
I submitted my order on 3/2 and finally have a blend date of 6/15. I didn't get the window sticker until 5/31, but the sticker updated on 6/7 and still shows a blend date of 6/15 with a 1389 code out of Deerborn.

Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Order submitted on 2/27.

I made the "egregious" error of ordering some of the options that Ford offers which include:

1. Max trailer tow
2, Bed liner
3. Wheel well liners

It's a shame that I had no idea that opting for these items would send my order into another dimension.

In the meanwhile I secured a 95% identical truck which my dealer had coincidentally ordered and it is going to arrive within days.
I too am kicking myself over bed liner, wheel well lines, and tonneau cover, but I swear some people seem to have it shipped out immediately regardless! Here's to hoping.

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
For my 6/14’ers hoping for a quick ship and delivery, I just saw a post from the 5/24 thread where a guy was able to login to his Ford Pass app and see that his truck was only 25 miles away due to someone “activating the screen.” I don’t know what that means, but it’s another Avenue for trying to track your truck that we can all obsess over.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
For my 6/14’ers hoping for a quick ship and delivery, I just saw a post from the 5/24 thread where a guy was able to login to his Ford Pass app and see that his truck was only 25 miles away due to someone “activating the screen.” I don’t know what that means, but it’s another Avenue for trying to track your truck that we can all obsess over.
Once the truck is built you can add it to your FordPass account. The problem is it won't go active and allow you to use it until someone physically touches the screen in the truck to activate it on the trucks end. Evidently a truckdriver or someone that was in the truck activated it for him so he can now use the App to track the physical location of the truck.

Moto_775

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Occupation
Portfolio Manager
Question for all of you. I called my dealer who mentioned their site still shows a 6/7 build week in Dearborn with a 6/9 build date. That has now come and passed and last I knew, the Dearborn plant was shut down this week. Additionally, my window sticker shows a blend date of 6/18. Thoughts?

Sponsored

jhopkinson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2013 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Tech Director
Question for all of you. I called my dealer who mentioned their site still shows a 6/7 build week in Dearborn with a 6/9 build date. That has now come and passed and last I knew, the Dearborn plant was shut down this week. Additionally, my window sticker shows a blend date of 6/18. Thoughts?
The plant was shut down for your original date, sounds like your build was pushed to 6/18, still not bad.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
From all the reading I've done, it seems most who are stuck have been from a roughly 5-6 week production span of mid to late march to the end of April. So that would mean most have only been there at worst for about 2 months as of the end of this week, and on the shorter end about one month. I don't see them letting these sit for anywhere past the second week of July, I know the 10/31 dates have been popping up, but we've already seen trucks with those dates ship, so I think that has very little bearing on your actual ETA. If they're able to get them all out in that timeframe (And I know it's a big if), it'll be an average of about 3 months probably. Obviously a while, but not the ~6 months I've seen some people quoting.

I could be wrong and there definitely could be some from earlier than that, but the vast majority of what I'm seeing people complain about is that roughly 5-6 week span where stuff was produced that sat, and they do seem to be starting to go through them. I know many ordered in November-February, but I think their actual blend/production dates were in that March-April timeframe. I'm guessing most of January and February was still heavily weighted to stock orders to get stuff out on the lots.

Now what we need is one of those live web cams showing the holding lots for these so we can see when people are going out there to work on them and watch how many/how often trucks are getting taken out. We could quickly get an average of how many trucks ship per day and get a rough idea of how long it'll take them to churn through them. And it would just be fun to watch...
As far as I can tell, Dearborn stored incomplete trucks en masse 3/15-4/30 (and maybe some 5/1 builds, but I also saw many of those ship immediately without issue). The earliest trucks from that production window have been there for almost 3 months already. My truck was produced 3/17 and has sat in some lot since then. That was 12 weeks ago yesterday. Coming up on the official 3-month mark next week. It would be nice to get any information on how they're completing these trucks since they seem to be doing it in random order. I hope you're right about the second week of July, but there's been no indication one way or the other.

Ford should send us postcards with a photo of the lot we're in and a "Your Truck is Here" arrow. At least I would get a chuckle out of that.

KYLeadfoot21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Honda Pilot
Nice! Hopefully your truck sneaks through all this production shortage mess!
I hope so. This will be my 2nd 2021 F-150. I bought the first one off the lot in Jan. and its had problems with it since around 2,500 miles. Dealer couldn’t figure it out so they told me they would order me another truck and gave me a hell of a deal taking this one back in. I ordered everything I wanted on the new one and went with a different color as well. Looking forward to getting the new one!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I hope so. This will be my 2nd 2021 F-150. I bought the first one off the lot in Jan. and its had problems with it since around 2,500 miles. Dealer couldn’t figure it out so they told me they would order me another truck and gave me a hell of a deal taking this one back in. I ordered everything I wanted on the new one and went with a different color as well. Looking forward to getting the new one!

Wow, sorry to hear that. Now.... for the all important question! What color?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TXENG89

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford should send us postcards with a photo of the lot we're in and a "Your Truck is Here" arrow. At least I would get a chuckle out of that.
Lol...I think this would lighten the mood for a lot of people waiting. However, I can also see it causing people to whine about it more, "SeE FoRd DoEsNt CaRe AbOuT uS! tHeIr RuBbInG tHeIr PoOr PlAnNiNg In OuR fAcEs!"

Trucky McTruckface

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 XLT Supercab.
Does anyone have this build week (06-14) with a kansas build? If so I'm wondering if that is an updated build date or your original... If it's updated, what was it before? If it's your original, when did you order? Reason for asking is I have a blend date of May 7th in Kansas but I know that didn't happen. I'm wondering if I will be one of the first after they start back up or not.

Ordered Feb 25.
Blend May 7
ETA end date once said July 1 but has had the 01-01-1990 for a little over a month now..
I know this is just another desperate post looking for any lead as to when I'd get my truck but you all are guilty of a few of these posts as well. Don't lie.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have this build week (06-14) with a kansas build? If so I'm wondering if that is an updated build date or your original... If it's updated, what was it before? If it's your original, when did you order? Reason for asking is I have a blend date of May 7th in Kansas but I know that didn't happen. I'm wondering if I will be one of the first after they start back up or not.

Ordered Feb 25.
Blend May 7
ETA end date once said July 1 but has had the 01-01-1990 for a little over a month now..
I know this is just another desperate post looking for any lead as to when I'd get my truck but you all are guilty of a few of these posts as well. Don't lie.
Sounds like my story…I was 6/14 for a time… but now I’m 7/19.
I’m a KC build and ordered 3/31 and originally sched for 5/17 build.
Also have the 1990 ETA.
the only lead I can give you is stay on top or your salesperson or dealership. They can see more than we can but even they are mostly in the dark as to how likely it will be to actually happen.

skf150

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Silvarado

Ordered Feb 25.
Blend May 7
My truck is in the same situation, From what I have seen there are a few trucks like this. With them only running at a reduced capacity this upcoming week, they will not be able to get through all of them. Will probably take a week and a half. Hope I am wrong but I dont think I am from what I have heard.
Sponsored