First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Thanks a lot! Do you have an idea what difference between the two is?
Yes. I ordered the Part# 50087-58 for my 2021 F150 Powerboost Hybrid. All the brackets and rails mount on the Passenger side ok. However on the Drivers side of vehicle the rear of brackets mount fine, but the front of bracket hits the fuel lines coming down from fuel door. Plus the 30 gallon tank mounted right next to the frame prevents you from installing nuts on the bolts.
The difference between these brackets is Part# 50087-58 mounts to frame and the top of bracket point to the inside of truck frame. Part# 56034-53 mounts to frame and the top of bracket point to the outside of truck frame. I’m thinking Part# 56034-53 is for the Hybrid Powerboost.
Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Yes. I ordered the Part# 50087-58 for my 2021 F150 Powerboost Hybrid. All the brackets and rails mount on the Passenger side ok. However on the Drivers side of vehicle the rear of brackets mount fine, but the front of bracket hits the fuel lines coming down from fuel door. Plus the 30 gallon tank mounted right next to the frame prevents you from installing nuts on the bolts.
The difference between these brackets is Part# 50087-58 mounts to frame and the top of bracket point to the inside of truck frame. Part# 56034-53 mounts to frame and the top of bracket point to the outside of truck frame. I’m thinking Part# 56034-53 is for the Hybrid Powerboost.
If the 30-gallon tank is a problem then I bet the 36 gallons on the non-PB will be an issue also

weidmanrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If the 30-gallon tank is a problem then I bet the 36 gallons on the non-PB will be an issue also
If you go to http://www.reeseprod.com, Reese (horizonglobal) recommends Part# 56034-53 for all models of 2021 F150 except raptor. Since Part# 56034-53 brackets, mount to the frame and the top of the bracket bend away from inside the vehicle frame all hybrid and fuel components should be avoided. The rails length is increased plus the strength of these rails is enhanced. I'm going to order Part# 56034-53, I'll report success or failure after installation.

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
Thanks. My truck is at least another month away and my 5th wheel will be ready late August. So I am doing the same reach.

what do folks withrails do about a bed rug or mat? Can I just cut a slit so the rails stick out?

Duby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5 eb
If you go to http://www.reeseprod.com, Reese (horizonglobal) recommends Part# 56034-53 for all models of 2021 F150 except raptor. Since Part# 56034-53 brackets, mount to the frame and the top of the bracket bend away from inside the vehicle frame all hybrid and fuel components should be avoided. The rails length is increased plus the strength of these rails is enhanced. I'm going to order Part# 56034-53, I'll report success or failure after installation.
Any luck/news? Sounds like this will apply to my '21 3.5 eb

Sponsored

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
@weidmanrandy - Any update on it? I am waiting for B&W news but they have gone quiet...

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Going to have it installed May 7th. I'll let everyone know results after installation. I'm pretty sure it will work.
Thank you! Do you have the details of the part to order?

I am in a bad place. I was looking for the rail kit from B&W - and there is no date on that. I need to install before May 21st - so might need to sell my Andersen Ultimate for rails and buy Andersen Ultimate for gooseneck instead. In other words a mess....

weidmanrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you! Do you have the details of the part to order?

I am in a bad place. I was looking for the rail kit from B&W - and there is no date on that. I need to install before May 21st - so might need to sell my Andersen Ultimate for rails and buy Andersen Ultimate for gooseneck instead. In other words a mess....
Reese Outboard 5th wheel Custom Quick Install Kit Part #56034-53. Rather than the Anderson Hitch consider a hitch by PullRite. #2400 ISR Series Superlite 20K Four Point (4P) Attachment, rail mounted. Meets SAE J2638 standard. Weighs 52 lbs. Like the anderson hitch it comes with an attachment for camper king pin.
Not sure where you live, but rather than mount it myself Reese recommended: Custom Way Welding, 2217 N Dayton Lakeview RD, New Carlisle, OH 45344. Phone: 937-845-9469.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@weidmanrandy - I already have the Andersen Ultimate. So, my issue is the rail kit. I am in Utah, so too far from Ohio. But, I will look into the part you mentioned.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I’d like to add fifth wheel to my PB KR, but am wondering if it makes sense. The payload hit is real and even though fifth wheel trailers distribute better, they have a lot of weight, so with one on, I have no passenger or luggage payload. How are you getting around that? There is basically no payload available in these things (mine is about 1,100) if you have fully optioned the truck). Add the fifth wheel apparatus, you are under 1,000 pounds. Add a driver and a trailer, you can’t carry a box of Kleenex.

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
Ford F-150 5th-wheel hitch fitment compatibility with 2021 F150 Powerboost logo
On site now (May 10, 2021): https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/kits/gnrk1121

GNRK1121 Fits:
2021 Ford F150 - Except Raptor
GNRK1121 consists of two boxes: GNRM1121 weighing 44 lbs. and GNRC900 weighing 42 lbs.
Ha! "End of Month!" but... Which month?
iler-hitch-for-88-98-chevy-gmc-long-bed-trucks-jpg.jpg

Seriously, 'had a brief on-line chat with B&W: They said indeed the engineering and fitment is done (by the end of March, as previously reported), but production and documentation (those cool pdf-instructions) won't likely be ready for shipping until the "End of April." AND, their 2021 unit will fit the Hybrid, too!
...just sayin'

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’d like to add fifth wheel to my PB KR, but am wondering if it makes sense. The payload hit is real and even though fifth wheel trailers distribute better, they have a lot of weight, so with one on, I have no passenger or luggage payload. How are you getting around that? There is basically no payload available in these things (mine is about 1,100) if you have fully optioned the truck). Add the fifth wheel apparatus, you are under 1,000 pounds. Add a driver and a trailer, you can’t carry a box of Kleenex.
You hit the nail on the head, there is no work around except get a lower trim, with max payload package, with a lot Less options. if you have a platinum or limited I think they assume you stay in a hotel, lol