First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
And that was using the Reese Outboard 5th wheel Custom Quick Install Kit Part #56034-53?
Yes. Also added TFR1504E Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System $225.00. Adds a little beef to the suspension. Installed on my 2016 and 2018 F150 also.
Ford F-150 5th-wheel hitch fitment compatibility with 2021 F150 Powerboost 1620693943783
Sponsored

Duby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5 eb
Yes. Also added TFR1504E Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System $225.00. Adds a little beef to the suspension. Installed on my 2016 and 2018 F150 also.
1620693943783.png
Great, thanks! I've actually heard adding the timbre is a good idea.

Oldduffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Installation was a sucess. 2021 F150 Powerboost Hybrid now has 5th wheel rails. Yes!
What size of bed? I am having issues with the location of the fuel filler line on my Powerboost with a 6 1/2 foot bed. Have not tried the Reese mount.

weidmanrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
What size of bed? I am having issues with the location of the fuel filler line on my Powerboost with a 6 1/2 foot bed. Have not tried the Reese mount.
6 1/2 foot bed. You have same truck as me.

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I would like to report a successful installation of B&W rails in my 2021 F150 Powerboost (platinum). I owe a lot of gratitude to B&W for facilitating it. So, I will share some detail on my wonderful experience with them.

I have been in touch with B&W since last year. The person I have been communicating with (Stephanie) has been very thoughtful and genuine in communicating about the progress, availability time frame, etc. As the release timeline got pushed out (which reflected a genuine effort to design parts for a good fit with the new F150), it has also been a source of nervousness for me - as I had a fixed pick up date for my new camper (in a week).

B&W were very close (within a week or two) of releasing it but it was getting very uncomfortable for me. So, they sent a special shipment to my installer - likely ahead of the general release. Incredible service.

Today, my installer (Pard's in Salt Lake City) installed the rails and it was a very good experience. The attached pictures show the installed rails. I am using an Andersen Ultimate and not B&W hitch with the rails. If the payload were not a concern - I would have used B&W Patriot without hesitation but those of us buying these trucks know that payload is a huge factor.

In any case, kudos to B&W for their outstanding customer engagement. They went far above and beyond for me, even while being an industry leader in quality.
Ford F-150 5th-wheel hitch fitment compatibility with 2021 F150 Powerboost C1
Ford F-150 5th-wheel hitch fitment compatibility with 2021 F150 Powerboost C2

Sponsored

wpbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB
I would like to report a successful installation of B&W rails in my 2021 F150 Powerboost (platinum). I owe a lot of gratitude to B&W for facilitating it. So, I will share some detail on my wonderful experience with them.

I have been in touch with B&W since last year. The person I have been communicating with (Stephanie) has been very thoughtful and genuine in communicating about the progress, availability time frame, etc. As the release timeline got pushed out (which reflected a genuine effort to design parts for a good fit with the new F150), it has also been a source of nervousness for me - as I had a fixed pick up date for my new camper (in a week).

B&W were very close (within a week or two) of releasing it but it was getting very uncomfortable for me. So, they sent a special shipment to my installer - likely ahead of the general release. Incredible service.

Today, my installer (Pard's in Salt Lake City) installed the rails and it was a very good experience. The attached pictures show the installed rails. I am using an Andersen Ultimate and not B&W hitch with the rails. If the payload were not a concern - I would have used B&W Patriot without hesitation but those of us buying these trucks know that payload is a huge factor.

In any case, kudos to B&W for their outstanding customer engagement. They went far above and beyond for me, even while being an industry leader in quality.
C1.jpg
C2.jpg
Which model B&W rails fit the 6.5 bed powerboost?
?

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
I would NOT try to tow a fifth wheel with ANY half ton pickup. I know what the "Towing Guide" says, but it will not turn out well.
I've seen many try over my years in the RV business.
this is not what the ? was. We know you think everyone should buy a 2500HD to tow a trailer to the lake once per year.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
this is not what the ? was. We know you think everyone should buy a 2500HD to tow a trailer to the lake once per year.
Gitcha some of that 1/2ton fifth wheel action……enjoy😉

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
Thanks a lot! Do you have an idea what difference between the two is?
the first one is a easier install because the bed attachments flange out so you dont have limited access like the second. Compare them you will see.
Sponsored