dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Well I was afraid of that. Thanks
Others have bought that wheel as well. I’m not sure if it was just the one that I got. It’s possible Ford has multiple suppliers for the wheel
Sponsored

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
My factory wheel was more rough I thought. I feel my heated wheel is more smooth to the touch. The bottom trim on both feels 3d printed to me. Kinda rough layers.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Over the weekend, I had a good buddy help me with the wiring for the HSW. It is wired up and works just like factory.

We also went through all of the wiring for the projector headlamps and didn't find anything broken. I also happen to have a 2nd RH projector headlamp that I am going to install to rule out the issue of having a bad headlamp. I just have to quit being lazy and do it.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
On the HSW wiring, was it just the 2 wires going to the BCM that you had help with or was there something else tricky?

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
On the HSW wiring, was it just the 2 wires going to the BCM that you had help with or was there something else tricky?
Nope, it was very simple. We just ran (2) 18 ga wires from the connector on the back side of the HCM to the BCM. The power wire goes to pin 15 on the big gray connector (C2280A) and the ground wire we connected to a groung lug next to the BCM. It took more time to take everything apart that it did to run and pin the wires

EDIT: also, just run a fish tape behind the HVAC module instead of pulling the dash apart

Sponsored

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Ok, Helluva day today. I FINALLY got my right headlamp working. There were no issues with the HCM to BCM harness, which I quickly learned after swapping it out and the headlamp still didn't work correctly. I ended up finding that the conversion harness had the two wires swapped and once I swapped those, everything worked perfectly (I won't get into all of the details of everything that I checked, but I even had a spare headlamp that also didn't work).

Once I finally got that headlamp working I yelled with excitement and scared my entire family lol (I can be pretty damn loud with a booming voice that carries).

I also installed the bed lamps today, and with 2 simple forscan changes in the BCM they worked perfectly. It was about a 10 minute install with me really just taking my time making sure not to scratch the paint in the bed.

I activated the glare free headlamps (still in process, apparently the changes may be different for those with native projectors vs those that install them post sale), I turned off the temp repeater on the touch screen, and I activated the tail lamp parking lights to come on with the DRL's.

This transformation is nearing completion. I still need to create all of the wiring for the ride height sensors, which I now have, and, if I can find a good used one, I will swap the manual steering column for a powered steering column.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I activated the glare free headlamps (still in process, apparently the changes may be different for those with native projectors vs those that install them post sale)
Apparently I had one additional change needed to make glare free work properly (to be fair it may have been working improperly, I may not have had enough seat time to tell for sure), but it did seem a bit more obvious that glare free was working properly after the change. This may or may not be required if you’re actually swapping headlamps from anything that’s not LED projector to the LED projectors to get the glare free to work correctly, but I believe it helped in my case:

Ford F-150 501A to 502A 2844E7F3-0FBE-457D-9AD4-F806D987F3F9

Last edited:
OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I got around to installing the ride height sensors for the auto level, and dammit if I didn't buy the wrong damn ones.

I thought I was smarter than everyone else and attempted to buy parts numbers NL3Z-3C097-B and NL3Z-5A967-B, assuming the part numbers had rolled for the 22's, they did not roll. Idk what I got, they're level sensors, but they're not the correct level sensors for the truck. They won't mount without some fabrication, and even then, who knows if it has the correct calibration. Make sure to purchase ML3Z-3C097-B and ML3Z-5A967-B. Running the wires will be easy once I get the correct ride height sensors in. I just purchased this them this morning and should have them middle of next week.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Update: Varsity Ford reached back out to me and informed me that I am not allowed to return any electrical parts for any reason, So I am out about $170

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I haven’t done anything with the truck in a week or so. My new ride height sensors shipped today and I think I’ll get them installed Friday or this weekend. I ran the wiring through the floor board and to the HCM (haven’t pinned it yet, I think I messed up the terminals just enough so they won’t go in and I’ll be getting some assistance from a good friend). I wrapped up all the wiring under the truck and taped it off until I get the correct sensors in.

I also used my ford pass rewards to purchase the ford performance black exhaust tip and the grille/tailgate black badges. I only had to pay $70 out of pocket which wasn’t too bad I thought. I should have the badges in a few days but the exhaust tip is back ordered and I think the parts department said I’ll get it March 1st.

Tomorrow I drop off the truck for a spray in bedliner and window tint. I won’t go darker than 35% on the fronts. Not because I care about the law against it, but because I can’t see well at night with the windows at less than 35%. I may go 20 on the rears and back though. The company doing it is using a brand of liner I’ve never heard of before, but they’ve been in business for almost 30 years, and a good buddy that I lift with takes his entire enterprise fleet there (he’s the Enterprise fleet manager for the local region), so they must be doing something right.

Ford F-150 501A to 502A 47C20FC1-1F88-4D2B-B0BF-70C6CBC8C7A2

Sponsored

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
I also went the old man can't see route and did 35% on the fronts. That said, I like an aggressive 5% tint strip, which almost makes needing sunglasses obsolete. I am happy with the factory tinted privacy glass on rear doors and windows.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I also went the old man can't see route and did 35% on the fronts. That said, I like an aggressive 5% tint strip, which almost makes needing sunglasses obsolete. I am happy with the factory tinted privacy glass on rear doors and windows.
Lol man you're making me feel old, I'm only 34. However I have also had central serous chorioretinopathy 3 times in my right eye (AKA CSCR, basically blistering on the back of your eye that creates large black spots in your vision) from lifting. The procedure, used to cauterize the leaking holes closed, permanently distorted my vision though. Nothing crazy for day to day life, but in certain situations, it's harder for me to see. I used to have 20/10 vision...

Anyways, are you referring to the windshield strip being 5%?

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
Lol man you're making me feel old, I'm only 34. However I have also had central serous chorioretinopathy 3 times in my right eye (AKA CSCR, basically blistering on the back of your eye that creates large black spots in your vision) from lifting. The procedure, used to cauterize the leaking holes closed, permanently distorted my vision though. Nothing crazy for day to day life, but in certain situations, it's harder for me to see. I used to have 20/10 vision...

Anyways, are you referring to the windshield strip being 5%?
Oh man. See, that's yet reason 1,001 why I don't swole, lol. But wow, that sounds.... well, not fun.

I guess I went the old man route because 52. But honestly, my eyes went sour 10 years ago.

Yes, just the windshield strip is 5%.

Ford F-150 501A to 502A 9DF5CED9-1947-43F9-9F1C-613FDDC2F27B

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Oh man. See, that's yet reason 1,001 why I don't swole, lol. But wow, that sounds.... well, not fun.

I guess I went the old man route because 52. But honestly, my eyes went sour 10 years ago.

Yes, just the windshield strip is 5%.

9DF5CED9-1947-43F9-9F1C-613FDDC2F27B.jpeg
Great idea, I bet that will help a lot, I'll probably do that tomorrow as well when I drop it off

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
totally random, but I just checked my as-built data. My first round of as-builts have updated on the motorcraft service website, as has my last round of as-builts, so all of them are updated. My last round was around Jan 16th according to this thread, I guess my first round was mid-December, I'd have to look back at this thread to figure out when. But at least I don't have to worry about updates knocking out my FORScan changes
Sponsored