Sponsored

5.5 ft vs 6.5 ft bed payload capacity

Dantracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Wondering if anyone can help me out, all things being equal, does a longer bed typically have less payload capacity? I like the longer bed but I'm afraid it's going to eat into my payload.
Sponsored

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
Wondering if anyone can help me out, all things being equal, does a longer bed typically have less payload capacity? I like the longer bed but I'm afraid it's going to eat into my payload.
Depends if you have powerboost or not. The longer wheelbase non-powerboost trucks get about 45 pounds extra payload capacity because they come with an increased GVWR. The power boost trucks with long wheelbase lose payload because they have the same GVWR and the truck is heavier.

OP
OP

Dantracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Thank you rucus0101! It didn't even cross my mind there would be differences between PB and non PB trucks. I ordered a PB so guess I won't change my order to the longer bed. Appreciate the info.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Don’t sweat that too much. The decrease in payload for 6.5’ PB over 5.5’ PB is 20 lbs. Disappointing but not that material.

Fordfan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Platinum, 2021 Super Duty, 2008 F-350 SC
Occupation
A/C Business Manager
I have had both , the 6.5 ride and handling was much better
Sponsored