First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, ‘20 Fusion SE Hybrid, ‘13 Explorer
Occupation
Marketing Manager
Cautiously optimistic! Things appear to be moving. Order date 3/29, production date 5/17, ship date 5/18, estimated shipping 19 days, estimated delivery date 6/7. Tracker hasn’t changed for several days. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
People from this build week whose Dearborn trucks have already shipped, could you post your VIN and Order Number please? I'm putting together some data to send up the chain at Ford. I've gotten ahold of someone at Ford who is at least willing to investigate the situation with the long time purgatory trucks from previous build weeks. I think the data could be helpful if it gets to the right person. Thanks.

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
People from this build week whose Dearborn trucks have already shipped, could you post your VIN and Order Number please? I'm putting together some data to send up the chain at Ford. I've gotten ahold of someone at Ford who is at least willing to investigate the situation with the long time purgatory trucks from previous build weeks. I think the data could be helpful if it gets to the right person. Thanks.
what defines “shipped”? does the circle need to be checked?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
No, I don't believe that one will be checked until it actually gets there. It seems like the check marks don't appear until that step is actually complete, and just remains highlighted while it's in that step. Like when it's being built the "In Production" one doesn't check until it's actually done being built, at which point the "Built" one becomes highlighted. Always seemed like the check marks were one step behind where it would make sense.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Seems like this was a good week to be built. Anyone from this week not into Built status? Mine should be at the dealer in around a week to 10 days. Went into shipped status on the 24th (Monday).

Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
what defines “shipped”? does the circle need to be checked?
I should have chosen my words a little more carefully. The most important determining factor in whether or not you get your truck in a timely manner seems to be getting to the "Built" step on the consumer facing tracker... This roughly matches up with the "Released" step in Vehicle Visibility (dealer tracker). This is the step that a large number of Dearborn builds from earlier weeks (mid March to late April) never made it to, presumably because they're sitting in storage lots waiting on chips. It seems like once you get there it's relatively clear sailing through the shipping process.

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
I should have chosen my words a little more carefully. The most important determining factor in whether or not you get your truck in a timely manner seems to be getting to the "Built" step on the consumer facing tracker... This roughly matches up with the "Released" step in Vehicle Visibility (dealer tracker). This is the step that a large number of Dearborn builds from earlier weeks (mid March to late April) never made it to, presumably because they're sitting in storage lots waiting on chips. It seems like once you get there it's relatively clear sailing through the shipping process.
i see. is having a date above built good enough or does it have to have the check mark in built? mine has had the date but no check for a few days.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
i see. is having a date above built good enough or does it have to have the check mark in built? mine has had the date but no check for a few days.
Interesting, I've never seen one with a Built date but no check mark. I would tend to assume that's a UI bug. The date shown for Built is the `releaseDate` from the raw tracking data, which should mean that your truck has been released for shipping.

Either way, good enough for my purposes. Every data point helps.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Interesting, I've never seen one with a Built date but no check mark. I would tend to assume that's a UI bug. The date shown for Built is the `releaseDate` from the raw tracking data, which should mean that your truck has been released for shipping.

I had the same thing for about 2 days I think. From what I could figure, that time *may* have been while it was offsite getting the bed liner.

Where I’ve seen people paste screenshots from Oasis it looks like there are two different release states, one where it’s released from the plant to the body shop for that offsite to get done, then when it’s released for good for shipping. I didn’t get my check mark for Built until it looked like it actually shipped. It also coincided with the date that then populated in the Built field.

Last edited:

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
CleanShot 2021-05-27 at 08.26.49@2x.png

I dont know if anyone cares or anything, but thought I would document the change in updates as they occur. Maybe it will help others gauge timing or maybe there is no rhyme or reason to any of this. The delivery date disappeared over night, but then I tried petemills cache trick and its back.

I had the same thing for about 2 days I think. From what I could figure, that time *may* have been while it was offsite getting the bed liner.

Where I’ve seen people paste screenshots from Oasis it looks like there are two different release states, one where it’s released from the plant to the body shop for that offsite to get done, then when it’s released for good for shipping. I didn’t get my check mark for Built until it looked like it actually shipped. It also coincided with the date that then populated in the Built field.
mine has been like this for little while. look at my pic i quoted. no bed liner. maybe im done and waiting for some other trucks to finish for my convoy? im in cleveland, so road time from dearborn is short.
Sponsored