5/17 Build Week Club

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Randy Swan @ the Chantilly location took care of me. He did an excellent job!
IMHO November to June is not a stellar performance based on the fact that other dealer orders placed Mid April are already arriving on the lots.
Sponsored

pierowman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Titanium 2016, F150 Platinum 2021
IMHO November to June is not a stellar performance based on the fact that other dealer orders placed Mid April are already arriving on the lots.
Thats fair but at least in my case there were a number of factors and Im not sure the dealer had much control over most if any.

1) I was purchasing through the partner program, so Im not your regular walk through the door customer
2) I had tonneau cover and spray in bed liner on my order and in February those items were out of stock, along with running boards and wheel well liners
3) before that it was sunroof parts.
4) was supposed to be built in April but the Susa Canal happened and that caused another month delay.
5) I ordered every add-on I could
6) Covid created chip shortage

Im feeling pretty lucky based on what I've read that I have a truck at all. I bugged Randy almost weekly and adjusted my configuration in February to include 6.5' bed and lay flat seats.

I agree that it is curious why it took so long but i think the blame lays more with Ford than the dealer

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Thats fair but at least in my case there were a number of factors and Im not sure the dealer had much control over most if any.

1) I was purchasing through the partner program, so Im not your regular walk through the door customer
2) I had tonneau cover and spray in bed liner on my order and in February those items were out of stock, along with running boards and wheel well liners
3) before that it was sunroof parts.
4) was supposed to be built in April but the Susa Canal happened and that caused another month delay.
5) I ordered every add-on I could
6) Covid created chip shortage

Im feeling pretty lucky based on what I've read that I have a truck at all. I bugged Randy almost weekly and adjusted my configuration in February to include 6.5' bed and lay flat seats.

I agree that it is curious why it took so long but i think the blame lays more with Ford than the dealer
Sounds like you have been kept in the loop very well. That's where my frustration lies. My truck was ordered January, first week, the end of march it was in transit due to Chantilly 4/5. Then 4/10. Then they were basically AWOL with no information. Turned out the truck was never in transit but in the abyss waiting for a chip. No response but "We have no idea" since then. They did finally order another truck a few weeks ago but no idea how long that will take.

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Just check the palsapp site. The status is now saying "delivered June 8, 2021 . :)

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Well it arrived. Built on May 23rd shipped on the 25th and arrived rust free and in one piece today. Should have it in a few days after PDI and prep. Good luck to all those still waiting.

Ford F-150 5/17 Build Week Club 20210609_191055

Ford F-150 5/17 Build Week Club 20210609_191251

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Well it arrived. Built on May 23rd shipped on the 25th and arrived rust free and in one piece today. Should have it in a few days after PDI and prep. Good luck to all those still waiting.

20210609_191055.jpg

20210609_191251.jpg
Happy for you. It is a sad state of affairs when trucks are arriving at dealers that were ordered well after the ETA of many of us. You ordered yours over 3 months after I ordered mine. I have no data at all on my file except order date and a production date of 3/5. Supposedly the dealer can not get any update at all on a time line. Starting to look at GM products on dealer lots today. I have driven Ford exclusively for 44 years.

ehetland

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Yes, its a bit darker than I thought it would be but I still love it.
Thats what I have heard about the color. It changes in different lighting. Yours was build 5/21? What plant was it built at? Mine is being built in Kansas City, which is currently shut down. It is supposed to resume production next week.

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Yes, its a bit darker than I thought it would be but I still love it.
That is what I thought about my Kodiak Brown. Really dark in the shade, but pops in the sunlight.

Sponsored

pierowman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Titanium 2016, F150 Platinum 2021
Thats what I have heard about the color. It changes in different lighting. Yours was build 5/21? What plant was it built at? Mine is being built in Kansas City, which is currently shut down. It is supposed to resume production next week.
Dearborn

Truck is getting Line-x today, bed and under coat