Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
The Big Truck Big RV YouTube channel just added a test drive review of the 2021 F-150 King Ranch with the 5.0 V8. He also does a quick review of the Limited trim at about the 7:40 mark.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Drove that same truck before these guys. The Ford guy wasn’t sure where I was going till I told him I was pretty familiar with this area.
These guys took the same route, and yes this was a zippy truck with a very nice ride. But way too much bling inside than I want for an everyday working horse.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Drove that same truck before these guys. The Ford guy wasn’t sure where I was going till I told him I was pretty familiar with this area.
These guys took the same route, and yes this was a zippy truck with a very nice ride. But way too much bling inside than I want for an everyday working horse.
I think I had the same group in Florida. The Ford rep in the video was the same guy demoing the King Ranch at my event too.

I agree, nice truck but too flashy for my taste. There was no beating the way that V8 sounded when you got on it, but the EcoBoost felt more powerful and quicker believe it or not!

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
I think I had the same group in Florida. The Ford rep in the video was the same guy demoing the King Ranch at my event too.

I agree, nice truck but too flashy for my taste. There was no beating the way that V8 sounded when you got on it, but the EcoBoost felt more powerful and quicker believe it or not!
It's the torque curve of the EcoBoost that makes it feel so much quicker. It hits it peak at a lot lower rpm than the 5.0 V8 does.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's the torque curve of the EcoBoost that makes it feel so much quicker. It hits it peak at a lot lower rpm than the 5.0 V8 does.
I haven’t drove a 21’ 3.5 EcoBoost yet. I drove a 20’ Lariat with the 3.5L just to be sure before I placed my order. It was great! The extra 25 horsepower and 30 pound feet of torque on the 2021 ought to be even more incredible!

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
More HP more Torque, better torque curve, and more efficient. They only offer the V8 for nostalgia, and I’m not kidding.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
More HP more Torque, better torque curve, and more efficient. They only offer the V8 for nostalgia, and I’m not kidding.
V8 is base engine in 157 & 164 inch 4x4, so there is something to that.
Also, nothing like keeping it simple without add on power makers.

not knocking the 6 holes at all, but in my opinion they sound almost like my 2cylinder Briggs.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer

not knocking the 6 holes at all, but in my opinion they sound almost like my 2cylinder Briggs.
Yep they sound terrible in comparison to the 5.0, but at altitude they lose very little of their power, whereas naturally aspirated V8s feel like 4 bangers. Can't wait to see the passing power of the PowerBoost at 6000 feet when all the passing lanes are up hill.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

Sound is one of those nostalgic qualities of big motors, for sure. I’m in it for a silent more luxurious ride. After having a 3.5 In my current truck and a 2.0 in my Lincoln, I’m consolidating to something that leans more towards the Lincoln than an old truck. To each their own, but I like the interior noise level of the 3.5 much better.
Sponsored