First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
had to laugh at the 3.5 inside the cab sound test... was the exhaust or the piped-in sound lol
Sponsored

canes1

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC
Looking for a system in the mid-range sound level...anyone running one of these? Brand?

Plan on running dual, rear exit and have a local guy who will install a Magnaflow, dual rear exit for $450...pretty good price.

Also, with slight modification, last gen exhaust WILL work with the '21, according to the video below

2016BoosteGreyGoose

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostedgreygoosedesigns.net
Vehicles
2016 XLT 302A SCREw 3.5 & 2021 XLT 301A RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Business Owner
Just order the following for my RCSB

The exhaust comes with a tip, however, I like the one I picked out better. Excited!
Headers are being built with the correct flange for the 2021s

Ford F-150 5.0L Exhausts Screenshot_20210419-232443_Instagram

Ford F-150 5.0L Exhausts Screenshot_20210426-124937_Chrome

Ford F-150 5.0L Exhausts Screenshot_20210426-124959_Chrome

Sponsored

HunterB

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302a 5.0 Carbonized Grey SuperCrew

Ford F-150 5.0L Exhausts Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.06.59 PM

2021 f150 5.0
kept the factory resonator to eliminate as much drone as possible(yes im aware its a side exit and its still going to be noisy. found that out on a 5hr highway drive yesterday), installed a MBRP 3' cat back (see image shared, keep in mind thats $679 USD and i live in Canada) that i purchased for $160 CAD on marketplace in mint condition. then got it fitted and installed for $130 CAD at my local muffler shop.

overall very impressed and would still consider this a win for me only being in it for $290 cash. sounds really good wide open, and yet when cruising it isn't all that ridiculously loud.

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
So its installed. I went to town and hit the freeway. It’s LOUD, but I Love it. Going to camping this weekend. So I get to hear it in tow haul. You can really hear eco mode with this exhaust. I’ll get a vid and report back after the weekend how I like it.
Here it is! made a playlist.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
Here it is! made a playlist.

So I had a hemi (300c) w cylinder deactivation and flowmaster 40 cat back exhaust.
Does it sound like a rice burning shit box when in deactivated mode?
Unfortunately my hemi did and I noticed the fart can exhaust noise right out of the muffler shop when in deactivated mode.

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
So I had a hemi (300c) w cylinder deactivation and flowmaster 40 cat back exhaust.
Does it sound like a rice burning shit box when in deactivated mode?
Unfortunately my hemi did and I noticed the fart can exhaust noise right out of the muffler shop when in deactivated mode.
My friend had the exact same setup on his 300C and its identical to that. If your in Sport\Tow haul it won't go into eco mode. I usually just give it a little gas to turn it off.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
For my 2021 5.0 I think that the Flowmaster Super 40 might b the way to go

Sponsored

Racinjason65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 2020 Mustang GT, 2006 Corvette Z06,
Occupation
Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer
I have the AFE cat back on my 21. Sounds very healthy at start up and idle, under acceleration it sounds good and it’s relatively quiet in the cab at cruise. The 2020 kit bolted right up.

Ford F-150 5.0L Exhausts E1B97E44-1588-4DE4-AB14-D65075C9995F

Ford F-150 5.0L Exhausts 31151036-BECD-4FDA-8485-13AA4CBA07B2

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
I'll have to update with a few videos of my side exit system that I put together and posted on page 2. I ended up swapping the small Vibrant resonator with the large Vibrant Ultra-Quiet resonator to cut down the drone. I get compliments wherever I go, people always say they thought a modded mustang was rolling by and they turn to see my F150.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Just switched out my stock muffler for a Magnaflow 3" single in 3" single out with a 4" double walled tip. They deleted my resonator to run a 3" pipe from the cat to the muffler. I didn't know that till after the fact and it is horrible. Horrible drone, horrible down shifts from lack of back pressure, cylinder deactivation variances with sound tones and volume all over the place. Do NOT delete your resonator unless you add another type of resonator.

I'm going back next week to add the OE resonator back in line and will report back. Besides the drone and down shifting issues, the Magnaflow sounds great during normal acceleration but steady state driving is unbearable. More to follow.

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Just switched out my stock muffler for a Magnaflow 3" single in 3" single out with a 4" double walled tip. They deleted my resonator to run a 3" pipe from the cat to the muffler. I didn't know that till after the fact and it is horrible. Horrible drone, horrible down shifts from lack of back pressure, cylinder deactivation variances with sound tones and volume all over the place. Do NOT delete your resonator unless you add another type of resonator.

I'm going back next week to add the OE resonator back in line and will report back. Besides the drone and down shifting issues, the Magnaflow sounds great during normal acceleration but steady state driving is unbearable. More to follow.
See my earlier post - I did the same mod without the resonator delete, and it still droned like crazy and was unbearable on the freeway with even light throttle (not towing etc). I am back to 100% OEM and much happier now...

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
See my earlier post - I did the same mod without the resonator delete, and it still droned like crazy and was unbearable on the freeway with even light throttle (not towing etc). I am back to 100% OEM and much happier now...
My plan was to keep the factory resonator and hope for the best but they just cut the whole thing off after the cat. :mad: I should of supervised, lol. We will see this week when I get it welded back on.

I had a Magnaflow large body performance muffler on the previous F150 and it was perfect, zero drone on the highway, clean linear deep sound. I am hoping that adding the resonator back in line will help and produce the same sound characteristics. If not, I will also end up going back to stock. This truck is ridiculously quite. It sounds horribly sick and stupid skip shifting through the gears erratically at city street speeds with this after market set up, especially with cylinder deactivation starting and stopping along the way. I hope there will be a better after market solution.
Sponsored