First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 5.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I pulled the trigger. Ready to hear the Coyote! Few weeks.
Post some vids please! Maybe one cruising at like 70mph as well so we can here for drone. Not enough of those online. Thanks!

Sponsored

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Post some vids please! Maybe one cruising at like 70mph as well so we can here for drone. Not enough of those online. Thanks!
Will do. I’ve looked all over for vids. Nothing quite close enough to make influence a decision. MBRP has said the 5.0 vid is coming or should of already. So likely come out soon.
The description reads “5.0L V8 models will produce a very aggressive tone” It’s likely gonna drone and I will be towing with it. I’ll let you know. At this point I’m ready to hear it rumble.

HunterB

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302a 5.0 Carbonized Grey SuperCrew
I didn't get it 100% done today but it's 90% there. The pipes going to the tips are only tacked. But I'm happy so far. I will try and get it fully welded and bolted back on the truck by Friday. Here's a few teasers.

20210413_201823.jpg

20210413_195855.jpg

20210413_195958.jpg
so im going to assume that the female flange you posted previously worked and got the job done!?? i picked up a MBRP side exit(pre tire like yours)muffler and pipes/tips. just need all the piping from the flange to the muffler.

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
Unfortunately the female Kooks flange didn't work. The flare on the OEM part is more like 4.5" in diameter. I ended up cutting the factory flange off and borrowing it for the new exhaust. I've been driving it around for a few days now but I already have a larger resonator (Vibrant ultra-quiet) on the way that I'm going to replace the small one with. I'm getting quite a bit of drone at low RPM and when decelerating and I hope the new resonator will cut down on it. Sounds fantastic outside the truck for what it's worth. Before I make the change I'll take a video or two to compare.

HunterB

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302a 5.0 Carbonized Grey SuperCrew
Unfortunately the female Kooks flange didn't work. The flare on the OEM part is more like 4.5" in diameter. I ended up cutting the factory flange off and borrowing it for the new exhaust. I've been driving it around for a few days now but I already have a larger resonator (Vibrant ultra-quiet) on the way that I'm going to replace the small one with. I'm getting quite a bit of drone at low RPM and when decelerating and I hope the new resonator will cut down on it. Sounds fantastic outside the truck for what it's worth. Before I make the change I'll take a video or two to compare.
Ah Dang. Yeah I just spoke to a local muffler shop by my house about doing a system. I want to try and build a system so I don’t have to actually chop up my factory piping. Want to keep it incase I have to throw it back on for warranty.
Please do take videos however. I will also post videos once my build is done.

Sponsored

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Will do. I’ve looked all over for vids. Nothing quite close enough to make influence a decision. MBRP has said the 5.0 vid is coming or should of already. So likely come out soon.
The description reads “5.0L V8 models will produce a very aggressive tone” It’s likely gonna drone and I will be towing with it. I’ll let you know. At this point I’m ready to hear it rumble.
Out for delivery!

OP
OP

jkash99

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 5.0L
Occupation
Engineer
The vid is up. 1:43 is Coyote.
It sounds good, very burley. Seems like there is a bit too much drone at 70 for me though. Let us know what you think where you get yours installed!

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2004 toyota sequioa, 2010 toyota corolla, 2000 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Banker
What about the XForce with the Varex Muffler? has anyone tried this or know anything about it?

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
It sounds good, very burley. Seems like there is a bit too much drone at 70 for me though. Let us know what you think where you get yours installed!
So its installed. I went to town and hit the freeway. It’s LOUD, but I Love it. Going to camping this weekend. So I get to hear it in tow haul. You can really hear eco mode with this exhaust. I’ll get a vid and report back after the weekend how I like it.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
So its installed. I went to town and hit the freeway. It’s LOUD, but I Love it. Going to camping this weekend. So I get to hear it in tow haul. You can really hear eco mode with this exhaust. I’ll get a vid and report back after the weekend how I like it.
Wait till you go through a tunnel!

THAT'S going to be FUN!
Sponsored