Sponsored

5,000 LB. max for warranty without tow package?

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
After a few threads of payload stickers and comments can I deduce that my order of a Lariat 501A PB 4X2 with power tailgate, and trailer tow (not max tow), will have a payload around 1600-1700#'s. Could it be any higher?
It could. It starts around 2100 I think. Everything takes away from that though. I think 1600 is doable all day even with some heavy options.

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
It could. It starts around 2100 I think. Everything takes away from that though. I think 1600 is doable all day even with some heavy options.

So 2100# minus (pro power7.2kw, power tailgate/step, trailer tow, non-power running boards, tow mirrors).

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Yeah, and more if the wheels aren’t standard etc. every throttle thing has a weight to it.

A lot of it is in this document : https://madocumentupload.marketinga...201d1cadadd0f9dda860921822f9ad19a054&v5=False
THanks - just went through it. And so for what is documented on there my equation looks roughly like...

2090# minus (pro power7.2kw (TBD), power tailgate/step (40#), trailer tow package(11#), non-power running boards (40#), tow mirrors (21#).

Probably another 20# for all the little stuff listed like mats, lights, tailgate release, tie downs, outlet, etc. The only other big items would be pro power and the number for lariat sport package if that takes into account other stuff like leather and other options not listed.

That takes my estimate to around ~1960#...so unless pro power and lariat sport package exceeds ~160# then I should be above 1800#. Is my estimate sound or am I missing something?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
THanks - just went through it. And so for what is documented on there my equation looks roughly like...

2090# minus (pro power7.2kw (TBD), power tailgate/step (40#), trailer tow package(11#), non-power running boards (40#), tow mirrors (21#).

Probably another 20# for all the little stuff listed like mats, lights, tailgate release, tie downs, outlet, etc. The only other big items would be pro power and the number for lariat sport package if that takes into account other stuff like leather and other options not listed.

That takes my estimate to around ~1960#...so unless pro power and lariat sport package exceeds ~160# then I should be above 1800#. Is my estimate sound or am I missing something?
You’re probably close but I’ll caution your that there are a million “little things” that add up like power mirrors, floor mats, power rear window etc. I would take your best guess and subtract 150lbs. You might be able to find a similarY equipped sticker on the other threads here and find where that build started and then apply to your “starting max payload” number, which is in that doc too.

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
You’re probably close but I’ll caution your that there are a million “little things” that add up like power mirrors, floor mats, power rear window etc. I would take your best guess and subtract 150lbs. You might be able to find a similarY equipped sticker on the other threads here and find where that build started and then apply to your “starting max payload” number, which is in that doc too.
good advice...thx

Matthew2118

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fiesta, 2021 Ford F-150 XL Powerboost
Anyone have any experience changing their order when it's about two weeks out from it's scheduled production date? Right now I think i can tow up to 7k, which most likely will be enough, but wouldn't mind having up to 11k ability. Just wondering if I add regular trailer tow right now will it send my order to the back of the line?

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
According to my dealer, once you receive a VIN you can't make any changes. If you want to make changes, you'd have to cancel your current order and place a new one.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
When one of your selling points, and how you position your product against your competitors, is how much your product can tow, why do they not have a function on the B&P that give you an estimated Payload and Towing Capacity? They know what all this stuff weights because they have to print the darn stickers out to apply them to the trucks. When you go to the summary, it should tell you what a truck spec'd like that will carry and what it will tow. Add a disclaimer saying actual production weight of vehicle will effect...blah blah blah.

Come on Ford, you know you want to do it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
When one of your selling points, and how you position your product against your competitors, is how much your product can tow, why do they not have a function on the B&P that give you an estimated Payload and Towing Capacity? They know what all this stuff weights because they have to print the darn stickers out to apply them to the trucks. When you go to the summary, it should tell you what a truck spec'd like that will carry and what it will tow. Add a disclaimer saying actual production weight of vehicle will effect...blah blah blah.

Come on Ford, you know you want to do it?
I couldn't agree more!!!

81MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 4runner
I need help regarding my order.
I have a PowerBoost King Ranch 601 on order with 17T (tow tech) and 53B (standard on KR)

My dealer has been no help figuring out what the tow rating for my truck would be. They were unaware about the comment in the towing guide:
(Do not exceed a trailer weight of 7000 pounds with only class 4 hitch (53B), without the trailer tow package).

So is the ordered truck 7000 or 11000 towing capacity?

based on my interpretation and what I read on this forum, my order is limited to 7000 pounds.
That sucks!

Dealer says its too late to change but its not scheduled for production until 3/7.
Should I start over and order another truck?

Based on the information I saw complied by BoilerTimmay (thanks man!)
I need to get my dealer to reorder or change the sway bar to solid...

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I need help regarding my order.
I have a PowerBoost King Ranch 601 on order with 17T (tow tech) and 53B (standard on KR)

My dealer has been no help figuring out what the tow rating for my truck would be. They were unaware about the comment in the towing guide:
(Do not exceed a trailer weight of 7000 pounds with only class 4 hitch (53B), without the trailer tow package).

So is the ordered truck 7000 or 11000 towing capacity?

based on my interpretation and what I read on this forum, my order is limited to 7000 pounds.
That sucks!

Dealer says its too late to change but its not scheduled for production until 3/7.
Should I start over and order another truck?

Based on the information I saw complied by BoilerTimmay (thanks man!)
I need to get my dealer to reorder or change the sway bar to solid...
7,000. Unless it’s a 2.7l then it’s less.

81MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 4runner
7,000. Unless it’s a 2.7l then it’s less.
I agree with you, that’s what the Ford literature says.
My dealer doesn’t seem to believe me.
If I change sway bar to solid do I have everything else in 53B and 17T “qualify” for 11k towing?

they say it’s too late to change my order. So I have to decide if I need to reorder or I can modify my truck to safely tow more than 7k.
Super crew 4x4 145wb 601 PB...

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Again no one has yet to point out the difference in the combination of the tow tech package, 17T and the hitch, 53B vs the regular tow package. The literature provided that states 7k lbs. names the packages differently, ie medium, heavy duty, etc. not by their option names. Confusing as all hell and still no specifics on exactly what it is that is setting these limits.
Sponsored