SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
YEP I agree,
not enough to make any negligible difference.
It's definitely laughable how worked up people can get over what they think you should think.
It's my opinion, take it or leave it.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
That would be an awesome addition.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Kind of my point. Many tend to think adding 10-20HP with after market "performance kits" sans tune will improved the performance of our vehicles (it's a truck), maybe it will since people think that is an actual performance gain. I think x.x @60' matters but .1x matters more in the 1/4 so we are nowhere near that until we crack the tune. Shit the right wheels and tires will result in higher time gains. Let's hope we crack that code soon.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Lightning, 18 TT 5.0 platinum, 21 rcsb 5.0
Occupation
Real estate / Automotive customization

Laugh all you want, his previous posts/comments say otherwise. And spending $300 and averaging even half a mile per gallon better over the course of 50k miles... it will have paid for itself 10fold.. so there's that.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
10HP only matter when you compare it to stock #s. Negligible time difference, zero seat of the pants and money to power ratios matter to many people. Supercharging may be the best thing to happen to this Coyote, let's wait and see how these 21s tune once they crack it.
Thanks for posting the video.

Oh yeah, I'm aware if all of that and youre right, that said there are plenty of performance oriented folks who want the the info. And even more who want to know of adding am intake without a tune will increase power.. this proves that it does.. The every day Joe, of course it doesn't matter, but every little bit adds up.. And no, turbocharging will be the best thing with supercharger being a close second.

Definitely ready for custom tuning to come. Gunna be frustrating seeing all the canned whipple tuned trucks enjoying boost while I'm stuck waiting for custom tuning so the truck can be built

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I could care less about the cost of gas.
So you don't know me at all..
What concerns me is if it's not getting the proper gas mileage something may not be right with the engine.

We've already gathered that you're Impressed with a lousy 10Hp.. So I don't need any more of your rants directed towards me about how great 10Hp and a chart is to you.
If only you were as smart as you think you are..
The video is 10 minutes of pure boredom!
LMAO
Your previous comments determined that to be a lie ?‍♂ you seem pretty upset.

And no. I don't care about the power difference. The video is to prove that power can be made without tuning.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I imagine it would be a bit more than $300 though :unsure: ;)

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
That would be an awesome addition.
But if $300 was too much for a 10hp gain, then wouldn’t $9500+ be too much for a 250hp gain? Paying more per HP for the blower than for the CAI.
Its all relative. The CAI in this case added 10HP untuned. When tuned it will add more. They will also add mpg and sound under hood which is all it would take for some folks. Really don’t understand why simple topics turn into arguments all the time. I mean if OP wants a CAI then great, if I don’t or you don’t, then also great. That’s my opinion anyway.

Deleted member 2919

I picked my specific truck because of gas mileage.

Also, 10 hp by simply changing the intake is an amazing improvement. If you could understand the amount of resources at Fords disposal coupled with there desire to produce high horsepower engines, then you might appreciate how challenging it would be to design, build, manufacture a product that simply bolts on to your truck and instantly adds 10hp and 10 lb/ft of torque.

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
But if $300 was too much for a 10hp gain, then wouldn’t $9500+ be too much for a 250hp gain? Paying more per HP for the blower than for the CAI.
Its all relative. The CAI in this case added 10HP untuned. When tuned it will add more. They will also add mpg and sound under hood which is all it would take for some folks. Really don’t understand why simple topics turn into arguments all the time. I mean if OP wants a CAI then great, if I don’t or you don’t, then also great. That’s my opinion anyway.
This

Sponsored

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
Thanks for the post, I enjoyed the video. Ignore the female hygiene product.
Sponsored