Sponsored

4H and loud clunk

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
Noticing the same clunking on a early build 21 4x4 platinum, it’s not constant its pretty hit or miss when the noise happen.
Sponsored

Vincem1228

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 STX crew cab 4x4
Just the last 2 times I put my 21 stx in 4hi It clunked so hard I could feel it in the floor. Only 4300 miles, guess it Could be a common problem on these new f150s.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
the immediately heard the issue. BUT decided last week to check the rear diff....for an issue that only occurs in 4H....of course, rear checked fine. Today I got a call that they are replacing the transfer case, as that’s where the noise is coming from. They suspect that the magnets that engage the front axles are not engaging/disengaging correctly. Parts order and should be picking the truck up Wednesday.

side note: Ford has got to do a better job getting customers into loaners/rentals. I traded in my Rubicon and I tell you guys, Jeep has it figured out. I assumed a $70,000, one week old F150 that already has issues would get a loaner without question. I was wrong.
Loners are on the dealer, not ford. I have a few dealers around me that do not provide loaners. 2 being a chevy and jeep dealer.

biceps583

First Name
Layth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor Gen 2
2021 Lariat.

I noticed last night while turning into my neighborhood that I’m getting a loud bang/clunk sound from what sounds like driver side front. We had some snow so I was in 4H when this occurred. I was making a left turn at a normal speed. I had music playing (18 speaker system) and I heard it over that! I turned the music down and then made another left, I heard it again but not as loud. Then today I’m doing some testing to see if I notice anything. In 2H, silence. No sounds at any speed or turns but as soon as I switch to 4H I notice Some weird sounds from the front, almost like a sticking rotor...metal on metal type noise. Then like clock work, turn left and accelerate slightly, clunk! I also noticed in 4H that I get the clunk when I brake somewhat harder (did that for testing). So basically, in left turns only, and sometimes under harder acceleration (around 2,000rpms)/braking. Taking it in Monday.
same issue here with my Gen 2 Raptor, very loud BANGS 💥when on 4H and I have a feeling that this means that the transfer case is dead. Did yoy manage to find out what's happening?

biceps583

First Name
Layth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor Gen 2
same issue here with my Gen 2 Raptor, very loud BANGS 💥when on 4H and I have a feeling that this means that the transfer case is dead. Did yoy manage to find out what's happening?
Check this out
Sponsored

Attachments