400w 120V inverter failure -2022 F150 XLT 302A BAP

Zbennett9

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 BLACK BAP
I purchased this truck June 2022. Truck has been parked at Ford dealership for 3 weeks now and counting. In July, the power inverter stopped working. When you start the truck, the yellow light flashes once (will immediately charge a phone) and then goes off. The inverter was not overloaded as the only thing ever plugged into the electric port(s) was a laptop from time to time. After doing some extensive research on here, reddit, youtube, facebook,etc I have found people with similar problems but no one seems to have the same resolution. There is/was a rumor going around that the issue was caused in mass by an over the air update produced by ford around this time(June-July 2022). I can not confirm or deny that, but one of the service techs said that he heard that (ford hasn't officially recognized it yet though).

Below are some failed attempts to fix.

-Replace fuses (Didn't fix issue)
-Factory reset truck to eliminate any OTA update (Didn't fix issue)
-Dealer replaced Inverter (didn't fix issue)
-Dealer replaced BCM (body control module) - (didn't fix issue)
-Ford service tech has visited dealership 3 times now to try different things (nothing has worked)

Let me know if anyone else is having this exact issue and what you did/are doing to fix it. I have an open ticket now with Ford Corportate, and I'm hoping they can make this right. I'm a loyal ford owner and plan to stick around for the long term, but this series of events is very unfortunate.

Thank you
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a January 2021 302A with the 400 W inverter. It has worked fine since day one (I leave a cellphone charger plugged in). Currently on update 2.8.3.

OP
OP
Zbennett9

Zbennett9

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 BLACK BAP
Got mine fixed. It was a combination of things

the over the air update caused the inverter to malfunction and it would fry any outlets associated with the truck and the inverter

ford had to replace the inverter twice , and then replace all the outlets. Now I’m good to go

i got a free 8year 80k Mile bumper to bumper warranty out of it. So I’m happy. Just had to file a service claim with corporate.

Sponsored

Incende

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Sorry to bump this older thread, but I'm having the exact same issue w/the 400W inverter in my '21 302A AND I don't get SYNC updates. My dealer has been working on it since February (not continuously...hit a turkey on the freeway and had more serious issues for a few months) but they've had no luck. Did the dealer have to replace your APIM on top of the inverter/outlets?

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
I am also having that same issue right now. The Yellow LED would come on for about 2-3 seconds and would turn off by itself. None of the 3 outlets work. This is a 2021 XLT 302A.

Anyone recently had this repaired?

Thanks

jsmiguel33

First Name
Jessy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Mortgage Broker
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
I have the same issue orange led blink twice when truck starts and then nothin no power on either 3 outlets
found this searching around but will have to take it to the dealer

Attachments

Pops

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0
dealer replaced the outlet in mine
Sponsored