First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Occupation
Retired
Getting ready to order a 2022 F150 XLT and have a question. If you order the Interior Work Surface option, does that include moving the shifter from the column to the console where it folds flat? If so, the $195 cost sounds very reasonable, as I'd much prefer the console shifter, although the actual work surface itself is probably something I'd rarely use.
Sponsored

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance
I'm not for sure but I'm pretty sure that selecting the console itself moves the shifter - not the worksurface. What shoes inside the truck on the builder when you select to have the 40/console/40?

OP
OP

popntx

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Occupation
Retired
I actually got a response from the dealer. The only way to get the console shift on an XLT is to get the sport package, which I do not want. Oh well...guess I'll have to settle for the column shift.

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
The column shift is better IMO after having had both an STX with it, and now a lariat with the console shifter.
On the column configuration you get more storage in the console and u can ride with the work surface down. (U cannot do this if u have the console shifter). Wish I had column shifter still
Sponsored