Sponsored

40/20/40 seating + center work surface --- be aware the part you rest your arm on does not open.

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Just an FYI, if you are ordering your truck with 40/20/40 seating, and you want as Ford call it "INTERIOR WORK SURFACE", be aware the part you rest your arm on does not open. Yes, the "20" part seat that goes on the floor does, but you have to fold the work surface up to access the compartment. I bought my truck off the lot, and I am 99.99% happy. Its just i don't use the work surface and would prefer the extra storage in the arm rest.
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I have the 40/console/40 and the armrest only pushes/slides back to reveal the bin underneath. The actual armrest doesn't seem to be used for storage. I'd love it if the armrest could be used for storage as well.

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I have the 40/console/40 and the armrest only pushes/slides back to reveal the bin underneath. The actual armrest doesn't seem to be used for storage. I'd love it if the armrest could be used for storage as well.
Personally I think the work surface is a gimmick. I would trade mine out if it would fit. The issue for the other person might be I don't know if Ford included the warning wiring if the tray isn't in the locked position.​

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just an FYI, if you are ordering your truck with 40/20/40 seating, and you want as Ford call it "INTERIOR WORK SURFACE", be aware the part you rest your arm on does not open. Yes, the "20" part seat that goes on the floor does, but you have to fold the work surface up to access the compartment. I bought my truck off the lot, and I am 99.99% happy. Its just i don't use the work surface and would prefer the extra storage in the arm rest.
I ordered the 40/20/40 seating since I have 4 children and a wife. ? Do you have any pictures of this? I'd be curious to see how it looks. Almost every other truck I've found online has the console.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
The last 2 pictures are of the optional cup holders when the arm rest is in the up position (which I always keep mine). Ford used to include that cup holder and it came inside the compartment like I show it in the last picture. Well worth the money to me. If you keep the console in the down position, your arm is resting on HARD plastic.

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Very interesting. Thanks so much. That's the first picture I've seen of this particular configuration. After seeing those pictures, I think I would have been ok with just not having the work surface. Oh well.. it's already ordered with a build date of 2/22, so I don't want to mess that up.

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
This is what I was looking. You had to order that cup holder separate? My2015 XLT came with it. I removed the head rest and always had my armrest down and the bottom cup holder flipped outward. In fact, I was the first one that start the leather armrest swap for the 40/20/40 swap on the 13th gens.

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
This is what I was looking. You had to order that cup holder separate? My2015 XLT came with it. I removed the head rest and always had my armrest down and the bottom cup holder flipped outward. In fact, I was the first one that start the leather armrest swap for the 40/20/40 swap on the 13th gens.
Correct, the cup holders no longer come with the truck. I checked a few on the lot just to see if someone took mine during a test ride etc. I got it from Tasca. I live about 1/2 hour drive so I picked it up at their dealership. They are on eBay as well.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Very interesting. Thanks so much. That's the first picture I've seen of this particular configuration. After seeing those pictures, I think I would have been ok with just not having the work surface. Oh well.. it's already ordered with a build date of 2/22, so I don't want to mess that up.
You can add centre console in the after market.

Sponsored

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
After test driving the 40/20/40 with the work surface, that Pt is how I ordered my build. The plastic is not too hard and fit my elbow well. I like that the surface bends around front which the console version does not do. Less storage but more options.

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150
After test driving the 40/20/40 with the work surface, that Pt is how I ordered my build. The plastic is not too hard and fit my elbow well. I like that the surface bends around front which the console version does not do. Less storage but more options.
There is extra storage above the glove box too.

I want the plastic work surface because the cloth 40/20/40 gets too dirty. The plastic will be much easier to clean and work great for having lunch, paperwork, etc. I find that all kinds of junk collects in my 2013 40/20/40 arm rest now.

acrocks

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I ordered the 40/20/40 seating with the interior work surface. Its frankly awful. Terrible for passenger with no good spot for the elbow. Has anyone had any luck removing it? My dealer had no clue.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)

wolfnards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I ordered the 40/20/40 seating with the interior work surface. Its frankly awful. Terrible for passenger with no good spot for the elbow. Has anyone had any luck removing it? My dealer had no clue.
Same here. 40/20/40 + work surface. Didn't realize it would raise the arm rest that much. Pretty uncomfortable after 20m of driving.

Anyone figure out the part # to replace just the work surface part or even just the folding seat (top half)?
Sponsored