First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Ford DOES take care of there Dealerships that sell a LOT of trucks..And you have to remember Granger doesn't have to have a massive service department either. They are basically a small town dealership that has figured out a business plan that works extremely well for us..and them. I can't wait to get my little Regular cab!
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
@Granger Ford How are you all able to offer 4% under invoice on custom orders? I apologize if this has been answered before and I just missed it. I asked a dealer here where I live if they could match your offer and they looked at me like there was no way a dealership would make an offer like that because they would lose too much money. I just want to make an informed decision before my next purchase. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Understand the semantics of what they said. "They would lose too much money".

The qualifier is that they would lose too much money compared to the profit they want, and can make, selling that truck to someone else. Not actually losing money. I don't begrudge them any business model they choose to use, but the old adage "Let the buyer beware" is one that must always be used for any high end costly purchase. Far more tools to do that research are available these days, so if you are willing to put in a little time, you may find a diamond in the rough. Granger and their business model proved to be my diamond, and they got an order and a sale from VA because of it.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i

The qualifier is that they would lose too much money compared to the profit they want, and can make, selling that truck to someone else. Not actually losing money. I don't begrudge them any business model they choose to use, but the old adage "Let the buyer beware" is one that must always be used for any high end costly purchase. Far more tools to do that research are available these days, so if you are willing to put in a little time, you may find a diamond in the rough. Granger and their business model proved to be my diamond, and they got an order and a sale from VA because of it.
I think there used to be other dealers that competed with Granger Ford on these forums but their forum presence largely disappeared.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I think there used to be other dealers that competed with Granger Ford on these forums but their forum presence largely disappeared.
Yes there were others too. I do not think they used the exact business model, but something similar.

Koons by Washington DC was one. However, I think what they did was take their allotment of orders and if it was not filled for the month, they would open it up to follow the Granger model to fill those left over slots. Also, Chapman in PA (I think) and one by the shore in NJ. It was hit or miss with these others, but they are out there and worth a look if you do not want to travel to Iowa.

I did find that the transaction fees that Granger charges is usually about half or more than many of the others and that alone could save you about $500+ on top of the great deal.

nysteve

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 f350 , coming 2024 f150 powerboost , 1999 e25
Occupation
retireFDNYd
I also have an order in with Granger. Waiting on a Powerboost XLT long bed ordered last week. The ordering process with Chip was quick and efficient. I saved about 10% off MSRP. I've been looking to replace my 2011 F350 with a hybrid since covid. Passed on the frenzy and markups during covid and narrowed down to either the Tacoma or 150. Cabin size and features plus affordability ( thanks Granger) made my decision.
I did check my local dealer first. Nice salesman , I asked if they could come anywhere near the Granger number. He goes across the floor to talk to the manager. All I heard from that exchange was a very loud I-O-W-AA !!!
Wish I wasn't afraid to fly...

Sponsored

Azstroke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F250 Powerstroke
I also have an order in with Granger. Waiting on a Powerboost XLT long bed ordered last week. The ordering process with Chip was quick and efficient. I saved about 10% off MSRP. I've been looking to replace my 2011 F350 with a hybrid since covid. Passed on the frenzy and markups during covid and narrowed down to either the Tacoma or 150. Cabin size and features plus affordability ( thanks Granger) made my decision.
I did check my local dealer first. Nice salesman , I asked if they could come anywhere near the Granger number. He goes across the floor to talk to the manager. All I heard from that exchange was a very loud I-O-W-AA !!!
Wish I wasn't afraid to fly...
I think we've all had the same experience in looking for a new truck. I dealt with 10 different dealerships in the Phoenix market and the closest dealer to matching Granger's price was still 4K more, some wanted 10K with a smile on their face. I was able to print my window sticker yesterday, that showed a blend date of the 29th, so I'm getting close.
On a side note, I have to sell my '97 PowerStroke and I'm getting nothing but scammer responses from AutoTrader, and a lot of low ballers from Marketplace, but at least they're honest.
Ford F-150 4% Under Invoice on any 2024 F-150 Order at Granger Ford Ford 7

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Lot's of folks have had success on 'Bring a trailer' .. Advertising on Facebook marketplace brings out the lowballers but all you need is one releastic buyer.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Yeah, you get a lot of attempts to convince you this is some kind of scam, etc - especially with the extended warranty - they straight up get pissed about Granger's pricing on that and claim that it isn't a Ford ESP.

Simple truth is that Granger is willing to take a very small profit on each special order sale and commit to a volume model. They can do this because they do not devote ANY time to sales on this model at all. Chip is more of a logistics manager than a salesman. Granger's pricing sells itself and forums like ours get the word out.

Those dealers aren't lying. They would lose money if they sold at Granger's price. They have a boatload more overhead than Granger, they need to make more money per sale. The thing is that they can't just "adopt" the Granger model. It seems that each truck manufacturer has one of these volume low price national dealers. Ford is Granger in Granger, IA(just outside of Des Moines). Ram is Mark Dodge (Lake Charles) and Granger (Granger, IA). Chevy/GMC is Laura GMC in Collinsville, IL. All of them are in smaller cities, centrally located and this is key, with low cost of living and doing business. Folks in Granger, IA and Lake Charles, LA don't need to clear six figures to make a decent living. The cost of owning property for your business is low. They cannot do that in Los Angeles, Miami, Seattle or Houston.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Plus they don't have to have a massive service department..And truthfully other dealers WOULD make money at Grangers price. There's a ton of what is called 'Dealer Cash' they get back directly from Ford beyond the holdback. And to a great extent that number is based on the volume and more importantly sales goals Ford sets. Many dealers in Florida just expect to get full MSRP for extended warrantys because of the way Florida's law is written but the law doesn't require it. Each department in a dealership has goals and expectations they try to make on every deal. There's a reason why they advertise so heavy..a lot of profit can be made! I really really tried to buy from a dealer here in Florida even to the point if my out the door price would be within $1,500.00 of Granger but NO ONE would even come close. I see no point in paying over 5 grand more for ordering the exact same truck.. I think many Ford dealerships did very well in 2021-2023 but for a order..a guaranteed sale.. even offering to put the same deposit down Granger requires for a two wheel drive they would not do it. I might just write a song about it lolol!
Edit: I get some locations might have higher costs but it's simply a fact the cost..the real cost any dealership pays Ford directly for a truck is about the same. Many are part of a 'Group' that might own 5 10 or 25 or more stores. The owners of the bigger groups take a huge % for there trouble. Granger passes on to us some of the savings.

Last edited:

Brian K

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Silverado

And from Minnesota

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Bottom Line ____ how ever they are doing it Granger delivers an unparalleled service for their customers.

My 'time is money', too ....
Ford F-150 4% Under Invoice on any 2024 F-150 Order at Granger Ford einstein time is money

.... and I really appreciated the always friendly efficiency of the entire transaction from my first contact through pick-up which no doubt played to the benefit of both myself as the buyer and Granger as the seller.

Win-Win is the hallmark of a successful business transaction; Granger makes that outcome not only easy, but predictable.

Ford F-150 4% Under Invoice on any 2024 F-150 Order at Granger Ford GRANGER.JPG

(y)

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I know for some folks a 5 K price difference is not a big deal on a high trim truck but on basically the cheapest F-150 a person can buy that's a LOT of money..But I can't help feeling sorry for anyone who pays to much for a new truck..

Bobcatou

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Lariat, (Carbonized Gray Metallic) - On order
I think if you look at the salesperson per-hour cost a regular Ford dealership is compared to what Granger has, Granger saves a lot of money that way. I might have taken up 20 minutes of Chip's time for my order so far. Most of us I would think are low-maintenance customers. We do our research in our home states and online so Granger probably has a lot less handholding to do, hence, less labor cost.

I did feel a bit bad that I didn't order from a local dealer that I did a test drive with. I didn't expect them to match, but to hopefully get close enough so the cost of travel would even out, but no one came even close, plus most seemed to play games. Granger doesn't seem to.

I figured too that Granger would get the allocations more, so I would get my truck faster and I did get scheduled fairly quickly.

The allocations help Granger get more orders out plus they probably can stock their lots pretty quickly too.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I figured too that Granger would get the allocations more, so I would get my truck faster and I did get scheduled fairly quickly.
Man, I used to think this way too. No knock on Granger, I am a repeat customer after all, but allocations don't mean you get scheduled or built fast. My Granger order is almost seven months old and I haven't been scheduled yet. Nothing weird about my black King Ranch Powerboost with not one option beyond stock. Just won't schedule. We just have to accept that Ford's scheduling criteria is as much about luck as anything else. I have been proven to be unlucky. Granger's allocations have not helped with that. Granger's pricing will help when I get the truck this Fall a year after I ordered it.

Bobcatou

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Lariat, (Carbonized Gray Metallic) - On order
Man, I used to think this way too. No knock on Granger, I am a repeat customer after all, but allocations don't mean you get scheduled or built fast. My Granger order is almost seven months old and I haven't been scheduled yet. Nothing weird about my black King Ranch Powerboost with not one option beyond stock. Just won't schedule. We just have to accept that Ford's scheduling criteria is as much about luck as anything else. I have been proven to be unlucky. Granger's allocations have not helped with that. Granger's pricing will help when I get the truck this Fall a year after I ordered it.
That's so weird. I thought people who weren't getting their orders scheduled were probably coming from small dealerships with low allocations or sneaky ones that wouldn't place the order until they got their stock orders in. I've seen King Ranches. on lots now advertised and retail orders are supposed to be built first.

That sucks man.
Sponsored