Sponsored

4% Under Invoice on any 2024 F-150 Order at Granger Ford

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I'm leaning toward flying in and driving back, and the trip would cost less than the $1,500 or so to ship back to Phoenix. Sold my '97 PowerStroke within 2 hours of listing it at almost 60% of it's original MSRP, and I still have some regrets about letting it go after 27 years. Chip mentioned that most fly in, just wish there were direct flights to get there. Thanks for the responses.
I flew to get mine. $400 flight, $200 for 2 nights hotel, about $175 gas. 250 miles the first day, 550 miles the second day, finished up with 350 miles on the third day. Was home for lunch.

I was quoted (2022) $1100 for open air transport or $1800 for enclosed transport. 1150 miles to Richmond VA.

While getting it yourself costs you some time you will save money and more importantly to me, is you get to actually eyeball your truck while you are there and go over any questions. Chip is wonderful at explaining your options and answering any questions you have live.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
How long can Granger hold your vehicle for pickup? With work and other life stuff, getting away may be complicated so I want to make sure the vehicle can be held at the dealership in the event I am delayed getting out there.

Also can after market mods be done to the vehicle prior to picking it up from Granger? I was thinking of just having tint, spray in bedliner, level, and new tires put on prior to picking it up and driving it home.
It just depends honestly. Paperwork has to be completed within 30 days it arrives. We do our best to be understanding when it comes to taking delivery and some customers needing some more time to make plans to come. I would talk to either the salesman or finance when your vehicle arrives and discuss further with them!

We used to be able to do all the accessories customers wanted, but right now, with the amount and volume of vehicles we have, we are unable to do any. Any accessories would be handled after the time of delivery. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I am on my second order with Granger, I ordered and picked up a Bronco Sport last year. For me, I flew in and drove it back. Shipping costs are not cheap and it eats into your overall savings for going with Granger. My trip was less than yours: Granger, IA to DFW is about 700 miles and I did it in one day (flew into Des Moines in the morning and drove back - got in about 12:45 am), you can't do that in a single day. Guy who I met at the airport in Des Moines waiting for the Granger shuttle was from Florida and he was picking up his Tremor. I think he was planning on stopping in Nashville on the way back and finishing the trip the next day. Not sure if Florida is your destination or the West Coast (about the only places 1,400 miles from Granger in the continental US), but two days should do it unless you want the fun, see the sites road trip, then take as much time as you need.

For me, I loved it and I can't wait to do it again when I get the news my KR is ready.
Thank you so much for your support and business! Truly appreciated!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
The 'retired olde phart' approach ...

I took a cheap SWA flight from Austin to Des Moines, got a good night's sleep near the airport, Granger shuttle picked me up at the hotel the next morning. About 2-1/2 hours at Granger only because I was in no hurry and Chip graciously gave me a very detailed acquaintance with the many features new to me.

940 miles in 3 relaxed days from Granger (delivered with the 36 gallon tank full, odo showing 8.1 miles) to home east of Austin.
  • Stopped in Humboldt, KS, where the great folks at the B&W factory installed my Turnoverball underbed hitch (below MSRP 'internet price' for the hitch and a measly $100 flat for the perfect installation) and gave me an amazing on-the-floor-up-close-and-personal tour of their highly automated factory while the 2-hour install was being done. I'd made arrangements in advance, was there at 8AM and out the door by 10:30AM as promised.
  • On to Ft Worth for an overnight with friends, great company, good food, and showing off the truck to an appreciative audience.
  • Home the next day, end of a wonderful buying experience and trip getting to know the truck.
Absolutely would do it again in a heartbeat, nothing but praise for the folks at both Granger Ford and B&W Hitch. (y) :)
Thank you for your business! Glad you are happy with the overall process and your vehicle!!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
What is everyone's general take on flying in and driving home, or finding a carrier to ship it to you?
In my case I'm 1,400 miles from Granger, Iowa and going back and forth with this.
We do offer a ride from the airport to the dealership as well!

Sponsored

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Granger is a little town but has figured out a business plan to sell a VERY large number of trucks literally nation wide! They don't HAVE to make five or ten grand on each customer. I'm really happy I found them to get my truck. I'm a 100% disabled Navy vet and unfortunately Uncle Sam's pension has not kept up with inflation since the 70's so the estimated $5,000.00 I'll save on the truck and extended warranty makes a real difference.
I think Ford is taking good care of Granger.. but I'm really glad they took care of me.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Granger is a little town but has figured out a business plan to sell a VERY large number of trucks literally nation wide! They don't HAVE to make five or ten grand on each customer. I'm really happy I found them to get my truck. I'm a 100% disabled Navy vet and unfortunately Uncle Sam's pension has not kept up with inflation since the 70's so the estimated $5,000.00 I'll save on the truck and extended warranty makes a real difference.
I think Ford is taking good care of Granger.. but I'm really glad they took care of me.
I am so happy to hear! Thank you for your trust and support! We truly care about our customers and want them to walk out happy with the price and their experience! Truly appreciate you!

Atvinstructor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 xlt
Occupation
Senior Hvac tech
Been reading and learning so much here....thanks for sharing your knowledge fellers...can you guys offer any suggestions on vehicle break in on return trip from granger besides what the manual states?

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I only started researching F-150's in late December after watching "Sleeper" videos and remembering how much I enjoyed my 2006 SRT-10 quad cab. I found for years It was difficult to buy new ones after the refresh and it was typical that dealers would add bump stickers for thousands of dollars and dealer fees increased along with massive delays in delivery and even in service. Not all dealerships but certainly a high percentage. COVID definitely had a impact..
I think it cost average customers many thousands of dollars especially on higher trims and desirable models.
But that was in the past! Except for a longer delivery times there is just no reason to pay way too much for the EXACT truck you want. Give Chip a call. I'm really really glad I did because it saved me thousands on my perfect truck and extended warranty.

Sponsored

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
Picked my Lariat up today.. Very, very happy with it in the flesh.

Granger fits the bill! Chip is prompt, very helpful and Shelby had my finance sorted in minutes. I was picked up by Rick from the airport, we had a good old chat about football, then in, sign a handover and chat with Shelby and Chip and out the door in under 20 minutes. No fuss, no hassle.

Love it!

Back to DFW is only 10 hours but I’m turning it into a road trip and exploring… only got as far as Kansas city so far…

I highly recommend them….

Here you go Chip… 😄

Ford F-150 4% Under Invoice on any 2024 F-150 Order at Granger Ford 1D3F1D3E-B93D-4911-AA27-15B831AAAFBA

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Been reading and learning so much here....thanks for sharing your knowledge fellers...can you guys offer any suggestions on vehicle break in on return trip from granger besides what the manual states?
The best thing you can do is vary your speed. Taking pee breaks often and driving on service roads along the highway will help slow you down a little and then just get back on the main drag. You do not have to go crazy but a little variance in the speed is best. 70 MPH for 10 hours straight is the worst case scenario. Good luck!

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I also think full throttle pulls might be appropriate after 500 miles! Give the brakes time to fully bed too.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation

Granger fits the bill! Chip is prompt, very helpful and Shelby had my finance sorted in minutes. I was picked up by Rick from the airport, we had a good old chat about football, then in, sign a handover and chat with Shelby and Chip and out the door in under 20 minutes. No fuss, no hassle.

Love it!

Back to DFW is only 10 hours but I’m turning it into a road trip and exploring… only got as far as Kansas city so far…

Here you go Chip… 😄

1D3F1D3E-B93D-4911-AA27-15B831AAAFBA.jpeg
The picture says it all!!!! Thank you so much for your business, but more importantly your trust and patience with GrangerFord! Chip is awesome to work with!!

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL

Love it!

Here you go Chip… 😄

1D3F1D3E-B93D-4911-AA27-15B831AAAFBA.jpeg
I dealt with Shelby as well. She was very nice to work with.
Sponsored