Sponsored

4 Inch Lift impact on Bluecruise??

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hello, want to do a 4 inch BDS lift. Am still deciding between coils or strut spacer, but definitely will be a 4 inch lift. BDS says they have not tested the lift on bluecruise models? Anyone here notice any changes to bluecruise or lane centering with lift??
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
best guess is YES it will effect the blue cruise and the adaptive cruise, lane centering etc. pro trailer everything. but i IMAGINE it will require calibration of sensors and cameras to account for the new height reference the truck sees. that should be straight forward i would think
engineers designed the system with none heights and widths etc. changing that would or could change how truck sees the world in the eyes of the system

UPTHECREEK

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Hello, want to do a 4 inch BDS lift. Am still deciding between coils or strut spacer, but definitely will be a 4 inch lift. BDS says they have not tested the lift on bluecruise models? Anyone here notice any changes to bluecruise or lane centering with lift??
I'm running 295/65-20 Toyo AT3s (35.1" tall ) on factory Platinum wheels with a 3 1/2 " readylift with NO problems with my Bluecruise or any other truck features. I don't know if a 1/2 " would make a difference or not.

ejosterberg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum, 17 Explorer Limited, 11 Edge
Occupation
Engineer
I'm running with a 3.5" lift and I did adjust the microwave/radar sensor. Fairly simple job if you have a perfectly flat surface. The service manual states the procedure should be done in an alignment rack. Just move one screw to make the surface at 0 degrees. I bought this device for 20 bucks, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0933H57TT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Before making the adjustment, it was a bit sensitive to cars slowing down to make right turns, giving me false pre collision alarms from 75' feet away, acting as if I was 20' away.

Blue Cruise has been great so far. (had it now 6 days ;-) )
Sponsored