First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Picked up the trailer and going to install the fancy little tow module tonight to see how it works. First trip with the new truck tomorrow morning.

20210818_172418.jpg
Nice! safe travels!
Sponsored

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Here is what the finished product looks like. I have already put 1000km on and I am really enjoying this truck. It’s a pleasure to drive even with the bigger tires and the 5.0 seems like it’s much faster then my 2014 was. Need to go shopping for a tonneau cover, wheel well liners and I want to put the black lettering on the tailgate. I hope everyone who had their trucks delivered are enjoying them and are trouble free!

CB7CB6DE-99E1-489A-A03D-166C3D783337.jpeg
i purchased the bakflip mx4 hard folding cover, its nice to be able to open and close the tailgate without having to lift it up especially with the power tailgate. I like the low profile design too. been through some pretty bad tropical rains here in florida and it has stayed dry back there, wasnt sure it would given the design. very happy with it!

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Hi All,

I went to use my truck this morning and noticed the side boards did not come out and it would not unlock. I used the fob to unlock. I got in, push the button and drove away to a deli. At the deli the doors unlocked normally but it would not go on.

I got a red box on the dash that stated Stop Safety Now and a message on my screen that items plugged in exceeded the systems maximum capacity. I have never plugged anything in.

Called roadside assistance, hour later they show up, I walk up to the truck and running boards come out. The truck started but had a check engine light on and the overload message. I drove it right to the dealer where they told me that it’s the first powerboost they had for service so it might be awhile to diagnose. OMG. The truck has a thousand miles on it.
44A7C195-B6C0-41DA-AF72-D76C30619EA4.jpeg
7A8F1511-6F77-4B5D-A08F-869832D8FEB9.jpeg

I hope this issue does not become as popular as this thread.
Not to oversimplify but a lot of people with electrical issues are b/c 1) fuses are not completely set, I know on my 2 trucks 90% were not pushed in all the way. 2) loose battery cable.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Not to oversimplify but a lot of people with electrical issues are b/c 1) fuses are not completely set, I know on my 2 trucks 90% were not pushed in all the way. 2) loose battery cable.
Where is the fuse box located?

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Well guys, I'm not as active as I was. Have faith, to any of you who still haven't gotten a truck yet. It's coming, and as I've said previously well worth it! Still loving this new truck.!
In addition to the other upgrades I've now added two swing out tool boxes, tonneau cover in the mail and some other small stuff like seat covers in rear for kids.
Brush guards / grill guards are severely back ordered and/or companies like Westin HDX haven't even developed one yet for all these cameras and sensors, but I'm hoping I may have found a loophole with Frontier grill guard or the square tubing Thunderstruck which are supposedly both going to work with all the cameras and sensors and aren't nearly as badly back ordered....
Only big difference I've made since last post is we put on 295/70-18s on the factory rims with a 1.5" MotoFab level kit. I'd say that's about perfect level for what I want on the power boost. I didn't want to be too high when towing or with a load in the back popping a ?... although I admittedly haven't done any towing yet. Definitely glad I didn't go any higher level.... Or bigger tires...
295 70 18s fit perfectly under this FX4 power boost with no trimming, no rubbing and room to spare. Now got to use the step to get in or hop... No longer just slide in.

Also, I know a lot of you have already kitted your trucks out...
Ford dealerships near me.... same as truck shops have been no help with recalibrating speedometers or can't anymore apparently. Last several trucks I bought it wasn't an issue pretty frustrated. This is rural Georgia. Everybody's got a lift and giant tires. My truck is very conservative comparatively....
So I ordered a hypertech speedometer recalibration gizmo. Unless ya'll tell me otherwise. Thanks!
also unpaid and completely unsolicited prop... but giving much props to Stage3 motorsports for all the help. Ask for Frank or message him on here. Great guy to deal with and get a forum member discount on all these accessories
Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210818_190251

Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210818_140010
Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210818_135957
Bushwhacker trail armor rocker panels

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Where is the fuse box located?
passenger side, engine compartment, all the way toward the window. Little clip top comes off. I guarantee when you start pushing fuses and relays in there are a ton that will "click" into place b/c they were not set. This can cause a ton of electrical issues.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
passenger side, engine compartment, all the way toward the window. Little clip top comes off. I guarantee when you start pushing fuses and relays in there are a ton that will "click" into place b/c they were not set. This can cause a ton of electrical issues.
No issues so far for me but will check that this weekend! Thanks for the info!

scottmanser

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition Max, 2021 F150 PowerBoost Ordered
Occupation
Little as Possible
Why do I feel like I'm the only one in this build week who is still waiting for their truck? I'm starting to feel lonely.

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
Why do I feel like I'm the only one in this build week who is still waiting for their truck? I'm starting to feel lonely.
There are a few of us. Ordered 3/22, built mostly 4/28, eta 9/14 right now.
I agree - this thread has become a lonely place.

Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
There are a few of us. Ordered 3/22, built mostly 4/28, eta 9/14 right now.
I agree - this thread has become a lonely place.
We are with you guys! The majority of us have our trucks, but we are still posting in this thread to give you guys still waiting an active thread to vent, talk about ideas for your trucks, and to provide 4/26 with one thread that has just about all the information one would need for their truck whenever it arrives. A great example is the information @ScottBB provided about the loose fuses. Make sure you guys make mental notes of all these minor issues so that you have less issues than we did!

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
We are with you guys! The majority of us have our trucks, but we are still posting in this thread to give you guys still waiting an active thread to vent, talk about ideas for your trucks, and to provide 4/26 with one thread that has just about all the information one would need for their truck whenever it arrives. A great example is the information @ScottBB provided about the loose fuses. Make sure you guys make mental notes of all these minor issues so that you have less issues than we did!
100 percent agree. I'm all for keeping this thread going. Sharing our experiences, issues and stories.

I admit I was a little sad when I deleted all my bookmarks of trackers. For people waiting, hold on. Worth the wait.

Last edited:

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
I've not had any issues, but decided I should check. DANG! I believe that I set every single fuse in there. Probably would have been bouncing along logging roads in Michigan this fall, bounce one out. Not a good day! THANKS ScottBB for the heads up. I never would have even thought to check without these forums.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I've not had any issues, but decided I should check. DANG! I believe that I set every single fuse in there. Probably would have been bouncing along logging roads in Michigan this fall, bounce one out. Not a good day! THANKS ScottBB for the heads up. I never would have even thought to check without these forums.
Yeah it is absolutely insane how many fuses are not set in place. Both of the two F150's and maybe 5 were in place. My 2021 Jeep Wrangler came the exact same way, I opened the hood and pushed them in place in front of the salesman and he was shocked at the fact all of them needed to be set in place. QC isn't what it used to be lol.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Same here.
No issues but I thought I would check and sure enough at least 75% were not in all of the way.
Thanks for the heads up ScottBB
Sponsored