First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
1 week into ownership, almost 1200km and averaging 11.7L/100km (~20mpg) on regular 87 fuel.

Still can't get answers from dealers as to why I don't have the options on the Nav for weather or traffic. Or why there is no configuration options for the alarm system. Also waiting to hear on the $500 back or 2 yrs of service.

Dealer couldn't tell us the door code but I did manage to find some info on getting that so we can set our own code and will do that tomorrow after it goes in for tint.
Not sure if any of this will help and I'm not sure if Canada is any different but I can tell you my experience. My Nav and weather were also greyed out. It did not go live until 24 hours after I activated my truck on the Fordpass app on my iPhone. Not sure if the dealer had a hand in the activation or not but I did get a msg on the app that it is now active.

Also, I had a card in my glove box with the factory door code on it. Hope that helps.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week IMG-2397.PNG
Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Not sure if any of this will help and I'm not sure if Canada is any different but I can tell you my experience. My Nav and weather were also greyed out. It did not go live until 24 hours after I activated my truck on the Fordpass app on my iPhone. Not sure if the dealer had a hand in the activation or not but I did get a msg on the app that it is now active.

Also, I had a card in my glove box with the factory door code on it. Hope that helps.

IMG-2397.PNG
Thanks. I had the pass app from old Flex even though we couldn't do much with the app. At the dealership we activated the vehicle on 2 Android devices and an iPhone, all were successful. When I called Sirius, I gave our vin and within 5 minutes we were good on the stations.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Thanks. I had the pass app from old Flex even though we couldn't do much with the app. At the dealership we activated the vehicle on 2 Android devices and an iPhone, all were successful. When I called Sirius, I gave our vin and within 5 minutes we were good on the stations.
How is the ATT service in your area? I wonder if the truck cannot get a signal to activate. Do you have home WiFi and if so have you connected the truck to it? Maybe that would help them connect to the truck so it can activate?

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
1 week into ownership, almost 1200km and averaging 11.4L/100km (~20mpg) on regular 87 fuel.

Still can't get answers from dealers as to why I don't have the options on the Nav for weather or traffic. Or why there is no configuration options for the alarm system. Also waiting to hear on the $500 back or 2 yrs of service.

Dealer couldn't tell us the door code but I did manage to find some info on getting that so we can set our own code and will do that tomorrow after it goes in for tint.

20210811_211019.jpg
My kids both set their own code in the center display.

We had several services that took a day or two to upload.

Someone said that the "installed chips" didn't all have the latest software and that there were things that would slowly upload over the air.

I know my daughter's GPS didn't even show the correct roads existed and said we were driving through the swamp for a few hours before it fixed itself.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How is the ATT service in your area? I wonder if the truck cannot get a signal to activate. Do you have home WiFi and if so have you connected the truck to it? Maybe that would help them connect to the truck so it can activate?
One of the first things I did after bringing the truck home was to connect it to the home wifi. Truck was at the cottage this past weekend and we connected it there too.

It says there are no outstanding software updates.

One other funny thing that confused the dealer is the app says we have manual updates turned on but in the truck its set to automatic.

I have tied to wipe the app, reinstall and add the vehicle with no changes. Dealer said they went out and looked at 3 other trucks they had in the shop and same thing, no alarm settings and no weather or traffic. They are saying that maybe ford has deactivated for now. You would think the dealer would have received a bulletin or something to inform them that they are shutting down features of that is truly the case.

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
One of the first things I did after bringing the truck home was to connect it to the home wifi. Truck was at the cottage this past weekend and we connected it there too.

It says there are no outstanding software updates.

One other funny thing that confused the dealer is the app says we have manual updates turned on but in the truck its set to automatic.

I have tied to wipe the app, reinstall and add the vehicle with no changes. Dealer said they went out and looked at 3 other trucks they had in the shop and same thing, no alarm settings and no weather or traffic. They are saying that maybe ford has deactivated for now. You would think the dealer would have received a bulletin or something to inform them that they are shutting down features of that is truly the case.
I hope they get it figured out soon for you. Beside those issues, how are you liking the truck? Did it meet expectations? I absolutely love mine. My biggest complaint at this point is the 10 speed. I will get use to it but I just don't care for it. The area of Pennsylvania that I live in is very hilly and it's never in the right gear. Other than that, it's a dream to drive.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Photo dump as promised. I got the Husky wheel well liners installed today. Took like 20 min. They felt maybe slightly flimsy but I got them for like $98, can't be upset. They feel sturdier once they're installed. I had to expand one of the holes the screw goes through, it didn't line up with the mount inside the wheel well. Also installed the Ryanair 13" antenna from Amazon. Looks great. Overall very happy. It just BARELY fits inside my garage, but it's a pain to park. Probably only worth it if we're gone for a few days or more

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210811_193756

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210811_193807

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210811_193831

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210811_193840

Tang

First Name
David Pollitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford f150 XLT 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Retired
I hope they get it figured out soon for you. Beside those issues, how are you liking the truck? Did it meet expectations? I absolutely love mine. My biggest complaint at this point is the 10 speed. I will get use to it but I just don't care for it. The area of Pennsylvania that I live in is very hilly and it's never in the right gear. Other than that, it's a dream to drive.
You will find with time that you love that 10 speed transmissions, smooth and does all the work.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I honestly haven't driven it much yet. Got the truck last Tuesday and I ran around on Wednesday and Thursday getting the cap installed and bedliner done. Wife left on Saturday for the cottage and I was at home working, she just brought the baby back this evening. Start 3 weeks vacation tomorrow and head out with the trailer next week for a little camping. Loving the truck so far. Very smooth ride once you get going, so quite. When parked or at a stop light I find it vibrates/shakes a lot, not sure if that is normal. Hoping that goes away with time.

A few points....

- love eco mode for my daughter that just got her learners permit for driving, its great for that slow acceleration. The little speed limit sign that pops up she also really likes. ?

- i have only tested out the adaptive cruise for about an hours worth of driving and find it is pretty good. Need to figure out what I need to do once it stops and how to get it going again.

- lane centering the first few times I was using it, I thought the truck was bouncing between the lines. An hour into the trip it then wanted to hang out on the driver side line. I find that a little scary with the big tow mirrors.

- sport mode is super high rpm in comparison to the other modes and will take some getting used to. Lots of torque, no issues with power on this 3.5eco. Hate how it doesn't start up in previous mode.

- Driving the 2019 super duty for the last year on our camping trips compared to sitting in the f150, it is night and day, seating feels much more comfortable in the f150. I wasn't sure about the fabric on the xlt but I actually really like it. In this heat the seats are nice and comfy unlike leather I have in my other vehicles.

- rear seats sit upright way too much. I was looking at aftermarket brackets to recline them on a slight angle. But with the 2kw pro power I don't think I can use them.

- stereo system is kind of funny. Upgraded to B&O cause I was not really impressed with base. The sound in the rear is horrible, quite and sounds like you're under water. Sound in the front is pretty good. I have tried playing around with surround vs stereo and adjusting the fade but doesn't make much of a difference.

- Not sure if possible, but it would be great of the wife's key had all her radio stations and mine had the good tunes on it. ? Maybe that is what mykey is for, haven't played around with that yet.

- looking forward to setting up the weight distribution hitch this weekend and checking out all the trailering features. We don't leave until middle of next week but have read that many others have had trailer brake and lighting issues so will do a dry run this weekend. With our trailer only being 5000lbs and our truck having the max tow, I don't expect to really need much on the weight distribution but, always like the anti-sway. I know the truck also has the antisway built in as well.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Well team, after 5 1/2 months it is finally here. Ordered 3/5, build date 4/27 and she is finally here. After the 10/31 delivery date debacle finally was built and shipped with a deliver date of 8/13-19 but two weeks ago it switched to 8/25-31. However the tracker switched to delivered this morning (8/11) and a call from the dealer a short while later.

Coming from a 2019 RAM Laramie I love this Lariat Powerboost so far. The only two differences are the RAM seats are waaaay more comfortable and the fit/finish of the interior is better on the RAM. That being said, the functionality of the F150, the horizontal screen (vs vertical on the RAM), the MPG of the Powerboost and the ProPower I am super happy with my purchase.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week PXL_20210812_002111811

Black mirror caps and wheel liners already on order and waiting for a LineX quote. GoFast camper should be here in 4-6 weeks (hopefully in time for at least part of hunting season). In desperate need of new shoes and a lift but still debating between the BDS 4" and the new offerings from Icon and Fox.

Anyone else notice the BDS Suspension website has been "under construction" for the past few days?

Sponsored

Sunshine

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
For those of us fortunate to be driving our new vehicles, how many miles were on it when picked up? Mine had 30. Thinking that's a bit high but the dealer did drive to add the spay-in bed liner. Just didn't think they would drive it across the state! HA

Also didn't know if FORD drove our parked units for additional testing. I'm heading back to the dealer on Friday for ceramic coating and will inquire.
I have not posted my pics yet. There were about 15 miles when we picked it up.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Forgot to tell you guys, Ford is mailing me a cheque worth $500 for having to wait so long. Ask your dealers about it… better then a kick in the ass I guess.
Can you tell us a little more about that? Is that coming from your dealer or Ford corporate? Did the dealer have a name for the program or a number to refer to? I ask because my dealer said they didn't know anything about it and I didn't get it although I asked for it.

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
My ETA went from 8/18 to 9/14 last night. Throws ALL my retirement plans in the air and I have a trailer to pick up on the other coast and storage fees will start soon.
I am beyond bummed.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My ETA went from 8/18 to 9/14 last night. Throws ALL my retirement plans in the air and I have a trailer to pick up on the other coast and storage fees will start soon.
I am beyond bummed.
Hang in there. Ask the dealer for the visual report. The trackers were showing my eta end of August and it arrived the start of August.

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L
Can you tell us a little more about that? Is that coming from your dealer or Ford corporate? Did the dealer have a name for the program or a number to refer to? I ask because my dealer said they didn't know anything about it and I didn't get it although I asked for it.
So I believe it's from Ford corportate. My salesman originally said I was going to recieve the cheque when I picked up my truck, but it turns out that Ford actually mails them. It's similar to a rebate I guess. When I get the cheque in the mail I will take a picture and post it. I am not sure if this a region specific thing, dealer specific, or specific to all the customers that had trucks sitting in the bone yard? I had to sign a form in order for the cheque to be mailed out, if I have a copy of it I will post it.
Sponsored