Sponsored

4/26 Build Week

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
In the spirit of changing the subject, have any of the Florida guys came up with any cheaper options for the Ford extended warranty since the online prices are apparently not for us?
No. I wasn't tracking on this. I guess I need to search through this forum for the extended warranties that others are recommending.

Edit: @jperry5835 thanks for bringing this to my attention. This is yet another reason why I'm on this forum more than I am on any social media platform. The value learned in these Ford Forums is simply amazing! Florida law prevents us from getting online service contracts. UGH! I'm searching with you though, bro.
Sponsored

Last edited:

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Folks, please share your story about your great or bad experience with your dealer here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/honorable-dealerships-vs-dishonorable-dealerships.4713/

Shoutout to Scott for the great thread idea. I hope that I won't have to add Greenway Ford to that list. I'm going into the delivery day expecting the worst so that I am mentally ready for more dealership games/foolery. I hate being mad, and I refuse to let that dealership or any dealership for that matter piss me off.

vancep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 502A
Hello go to cassens web site sign up for email notification with the dealer code . Then every time there is a delivery to your dealer you will be notified, with the vin numbers , you might get surprised to see yours their one day . You will know in advance
How do we get our dealer code for Cassens? mine is Granger ford in case anyone knows what the code is for them

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Picked it up, brought it home. Kids ate dinner in the bed lol with their chairs and table!!

Man those tow mirrors are MASSIVE!! INstalled the tonneu pro tri fold noticed it didnt fit properly because the dealer installed bedliner is misaligned and they also cut the bedliner out for the pro power (like it was meant for an older F150!!).

No rust on the rear axles. However there is engine vibrations at idle, wondering if that is normal.
Man, i was so NERVOUS about the payload, as i SPECIALLY equipped this thing without FX4/Sunroof tec, and only the tow mirrors, 360 cam, max tow, pro power, etc. THANK GOD!!! yellow sticker says 1730lbs on a Lariet Sport SCREW 4x4 with 502A!! that must be the higher end of the payload value for this trim!

THe B&O bass stereo is livable, but not as boomy as the odyessy. Returnning the Odyessy 6 months early in the lease in the morning. Gonnna miss that van!! The van definitely handles way better in the corners and she was definitely fun to drive.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 1627096790291

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
Oof...expensive day....but a fun one.

Got everything signed and I've drove it home. Well...I had to make a few stops and give a few rides to a few family members first. :)

Initial thoughts, in no particular order:
  • Its quiet...ridiculously quiet.
  • It really is a torque-y monster. This Powerboost is no joke...I'm used to sitting at a stoplight and when you lift right off the brake petal, sure my old truck would slowly start rolling forward without me touching the gas petal...but this PB....that little electric motor will make this truck launch as soon as you lift that brake petal! I found myself realizing that I had to slowly release that petal.
  • Most of the time I didn't notice the engine shutting off/on. Unless I'm sitting in park and the engine kicks on then. I about jumped out of the seat the first time it did it thinking someone had bumped into the truck! But once I started moving, I couldn't really tell unless I was *really* paying attention to it.
  • I think it rides just a bit better than my previous truck. That could just be the difference in tire size...old truck had 20's, this one has 18's. So now I have a bit more sidewall to take the bumps.
  • No CD player. Huh, didn't expect that.
  • I definitely can feel something different with the brakes. As you first apply them, it feels a bit soft and as you keep pressing down more you suddenly get a bit of a jump in the level of brakes you are getting. I'm leaning towards this being the first part of brakes being regenerative and then the traditional mechanical brakes kicking in.
I didn't find any rust under the truck when I looked...but I did find a few sensors that have me a bit confused. One, for example, is on the drivers side of the truck and it appears to be some sort of a ride height sensor on the rear axle. I'm puzzled what its for...this truck was built before they announced the "scales" option. About the only thing I can think of is maybe for the adjustable headlights? So maybe if you have the truck loaded down it dials down the headlights so you aren't blasting oncoming traffic?

Now if you'll excuse me...I still have a few thousand more settings to figure out.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Truck was showing in production this morning and just checked now and shows in transit. Eta still shows Aug 24th. Hoping it doesn't take a month to make it to southern Ontario (Oshawa).

Sponsored

Rudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT 2.7
She’s home!!
I had a 2017 XLT and just coming from a 2019 Ranger Lariat. This 21’ was worth the wait!!! I’m no mod guy but I’ll buy new “more aggressive” tires in the fall for our ?? winters!

Thanks for getting me through the last 5 months 4/26 crew! You know I’ll keep following this thread for tips, questions and overall badass-ness!!

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 461B32CA-5DA8-47F4-8E89-A529B2D9E77B

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week E91D22DB-325B-4AC7-9A11-AE3AAA77AC37

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week EF0DFC14-B341-4C86-B1B5-873D7EC19F9C

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
Truck was showing in production this morning and just checked now and shows in transit. Eta still shows Aug 24th. Hoping it doesn't take a month to make it to southern Ontario (Oshawa).
Mine flipped over to awaiting shipment and eta 8/24 again

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
ETA's are, as we know, nothing to depend on as of late. If it shows in transit, it's either scheduled to be shipped or is actually loaded up and waiting for a driver. The loaded rigs are driven across the border and dropped in a yard in Windsor by Amerikan drivers. Then Canadian drivers take them from there. Either way, you'll be driving your truck shortly.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
ETA's are, as we know, nothing to depend on as of late. If it shows in transit, it's either scheduled to be shipped or is actually loaded up and waiting for a driver. They loaded rigs are driven across the border and dropped in a yard in or around Windsor, not sure, by Amerikan drivers. Then Canadian drivers take them from there. Either way, you'll be driving your truck shortly.
My sticker says rail. According to dealer they ship to Toronto by rail then the last 50km is by transport

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
My sticker says rail. According to dealer they ship to Toronto by rail then the last 50km is by transport
I'd have never figured that they ship by rail to TO. That'll take a bit then....
Sponsored