First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
I'm with you on that. My shipping date was originally July 13 with an ETA of July 31. Sticker says it's coming by convoy. Yay! Much excitement! ParTee!

Then one day they slipped my ETA back 11 days to 8/11. Uhoh. Somethin' ain't right. But whatever, at least it's on a truck somewhere heading my way, right? Can't be long now, I could drive to Detroit in two days and I'm an old fart who drives like he's an old fart.

Wrong. This morning I took a tip from Succeed23 and asked FordPerformance to see what they could find out. The truck is on a train in Walbridge Ohio. That's about one hour south of Detroit. In the last ten days it moved 60 miles. I figure at that rate it'll arrive here August 11, 2022.

I'm going to put my party dress away.
I dont know about you but even if I got a date at this point other than 10/31 I would wear that party dress with bells and tassles doing the mambo down the vegas strip singing what a wonderful world..... just sayin
Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I'm with you on that. My shipping date was originally July 13 with an ETA of July 31. Sticker says it's coming by convoy. Yay! Much excitement! ParTee!

Then one day they slipped my ETA back 11 days to 8/11. Uhoh. Somethin' ain't right. But whatever, at least it's on a truck somewhere heading my way, right? Can't be long now, I could drive to Detroit in two days and I'm an old fart who drives like he's an old fart.

Wrong. This morning I took a tip from Succeed23 and asked FordPerformance to see what they could find out. The truck is on a train in Walbridge Ohio. That's about one hour south of Detroit. In the last ten days, it moved 60 miles. I figure at that rate it'll arrive here August 11, 2022.

I'm going to put my party dress away.
Based on all of our experiences with shipping so far, it looks like Ford found out about shipping delays right after they gave us our initial ETAs. I believe everyone that was updated from 10/31 to a date in either July or August had their ETA pushed back days later. I'm guessing the slide to the right for all our ETAs had to deal with whatever issue that Ford found about in the transit process. I still think we'll all get our trucks well before our ETAs; especially those of us that have reported that our trucks are only hours away.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
we're all getting impatient haha. Let's switch up the topic. This is will likely (still not sure) be the first time I trade in my car. What is the process like nowadays (i.e., how long does it take?, what to watch out for, etc)?

molf21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
F-150 Powerboost Lariat Sport w/spray on bedliner, soft tonneau cover and 7.2kw pro power order 1/29. In production 4/25 was shipped to Qwik Park 4/29. Original ETA 5/22, moved to 8/20 then 10/31. On 7/10 it switched to built, awaiting shipment, ETA 7/29. 7/20 dealer calls and says, "I have your truck”. Picking up today!!!
Based on that if your date switches off of 10/31, you are close!

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Yes, I have the XLT Fx4 Sport I wasn't sure if it was the Fx4 or Sport that put the Wranglers on mine with 18" rims but figured it was one of the two options.
I just have an XLT Sport (No FX4) and got them as well.

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
we're all getting impatient haha. Let's switch up the topic. This is will likely (still not sure) be the first time I trade in my car. What is the process like nowadays (i.e., how long does it take?, what to watch out for, etc)?
with used car prices you would be likely better off selling privately. I had my truck sold within 3 hours of listing it for around $10K more than I was being offered in trade in. This was also in Feb before the used car prices started going crazy, so you will likely be better off than me now.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
In the spirit of changing the subject, have any of the Florida guys came up with any cheaper options for the Ford extended warranty since the online prices are apparently not for us?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Depends where you go, but most dealers are pretty good at making it quick and painless (As long as they offer you a good price and you don't need to embark on a price war with them). At least in MA, if you're trading in, most dealers can just handle the swapping of the plates/registration for you making life easy.

Only thing I'd "watch out" for would be to make sure you get fair market value for it. My go-to move is to get a price from CarMax first, then go to the dealer and see what they'll give so you have something to compare against.

With the sales tax in MA it can still be advantageous to trade it into the dealer for less money as long as they're within the difference in price that the sales tax benefits would make up for. For example, if you trade it in to CarMax for $20k, and your dealer offers $19k, 6.25% sales tax on $19k that you wouldn't pay on the purchase of the new truck if you trade in is $1187, meaning it's still an overall better deal to give it to the dealer, so just make sure you have all that math worked out ahead of time to know your lowest dollar amount you'll be willing to take.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Depends where you go, but most dealers are pretty good at making it quick and painless (As long as they offer you a good price and you don't need to embark on a price war with them). At least in MA, if you're trading in, most dealers can just handle the swapping of the plates/registration for you making life easy.

Only thing I'd "watch out" for would be to make sure you get fair market value for it. My go-to move is to get a price from CarMax first, then go to the dealer and see what they'll give so you have something to compare against.

With the sales tax in MA it can still be advantageous to trade it into the dealer for less money as long as they're within the difference in price that the sales tax benefits would make up for. For example, if you trade it in to CarMax for $20k, and your dealer offers $19k, 6.25% sales tax on $19k that you wouldn't pay on the purchase of the new truck if you trade in is $1187, meaning it's still an overall better deal to give it to the dealer, so just make sure you have all that math worked out ahead of time to know your lowest dollar amount you'll be willing to take.
with used car prices you would be likely better off selling privately. I had my truck sold within 3 hours of listing it for around $10K more than I was being offered in trade in. This was also in Feb before the used car prices started going crazy, so you will likely be better off than me now.
I'll do the Carfax idea. Thanks. I have a few issues with the car, so I need to see what the current value is now. If I had no issues, I'd probably entertain the private sell route.

Sponsored

Mikeyf150

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Retired
Man so excited, but my dealer still hasnt confirmed they recieved it yet i know it is there as the Cassen report is signed. Interestingly i see one option that is missing which i built out which was the the drop in bedliner. But this can be added afterwards. I am literally glued to my phone waiting for a call back!... HOpe to get my truck this week if possible, so i can finally get rid of the 18 honda odyessy that they want to take back so badly!

1626807511959.png
Hello go to cassens web site sign up for email notification with the dealer code . Then every time there is a delivery to your dealer you will be notified, with the vin numbers , you might get surprised to see yours their one day . You will know in advance

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
For what it's worth my Lariat 502A 2wd has 275/60/R20 Goodyear Wrangler Territory HT tires

Blackdog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited on Order, 2003 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
What is that "cassens" web site?

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My dealer cant explain it either. It's a crap shoot. Things changed when buyers started using them just for transportation and grocery-getters, not needing the more aggressive thread needed in the construction field. Also, ford has been skimping on tires since their Firestone divorce. All the tires i been getting since are cheap General, Hankook and Pirelli. Wouldn't even consider any of them if i was to go buy a set.
I have Pirelli P4's on my Cruze and love them. ?

I've tried to find out what tires would be on mine, but there have been such few trucks in the area with max tow, non of the dealers are giving any idea
Sponsored