First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Are other build weeks getting as much action as us? Or is Ford doing a last in first out method?
I am part of the 3/22 build week and it does not appear that we have as much action. Ordered on 12/29, built on 3/29 and ramp 59 since then. Only hope that we will see some meaningful progress soon. ETA date is still 10/31.
Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Well boys and girls, yesterday was a day of multiple lottery tickets, several boxes of lucky charms and even the avatar change.

Today I finished work at 3pm, round of golf (not so good but great physio for a wrist reconstruction) and now I'm on vacation and heading out in the camper for a week.

Have to get up early so one last check of the tracker.

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details?vin=1FTFW1E84MFB56655&order=A312

29 days. Lucky 29 for one of my favorite goalies growing up, Felix the cat. ?

I think someone in this group is an undercover Ford agent.....hmm hmmm is it you @ScottBB ?

I may have to cancel that appointment on Monday for that AT4 HD. ?
AWESOME, enjoy. So glad you finally saw movement. Not a FORD employee lol. I am just a big nerd looking through lots of forums and putting together the pieces. That and my dealer has been really good about giving me information.

I do believe it is a last in first out thing and it is why our week has seen so much more movement than the other build weeks. They have been seeing one or two here or there but nothing like the movement we have seen in the past week.

Rudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT 2.7
I noticed yesterday that if I put in my vin in lower case it showed the updated ETA. Then if I upper cased it, it showed 10/31.
Well boys and girls, yesterday was a day of multiple lottery tickets, several boxes of lucky charms and even the avatar change.

Today I finished work at 3pm, round of golf (not so good but great physio for a wrist reconstruction) and now I'm on vacation and heading out in the camper for a week.

I think someone in this group is an undercover Ford agent.....hmm hmmm is it you @ScottBB ?

??????
If I see Gen14s around the Provincial parks next month, I’ll be the conversation starter!! Let’s hope this was the only hiccup with dealing with Ford!

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7

Congrats Chris
Hopefully that means mine will be very soon. Still no update this morning.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
My ETA jumped ahead overnight to 08-04 from 10-31.
Ordered 03/16
Build 04/27
Seen that my dealer has about 10 150's with sold signs on the lot as i drove past yesterday. They're all on the way very soon.

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Yeah, my dealer has like 23 trucks on the way. 11 F150 and 12 Super Duty Been seeing large shipments on the rails down here on the Gulf Coast headed toward Alabama and Florida

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I started this chart to track who has gotten a truck, and who hasn't. For simplicity, delivered is the status of anyone that has gotten their truck or currently has a "built" or "shipped" status. I started the list (mostly) in order of appearance in this thread. I stopped after I got to my first post, but there are over 150 pages left to look through. I'm not that dedicated. LOL. Maybe this gives some of you an idea of our overall progress.

I ended up buying off the lot, but the truck I ordered is still sitting in Michigan

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
My build date was April 30 and Monday the Ford order tracker showed that it was in transit and had an ETA of July 31. Today my ETA was bumped back 11 days, to August 11. In a normal year that's when dealers start marking down prices to clear inventory.

If I throw up my hands in disgust at the new delay and say I've had enough, a month or so later I can order a '22 and save a years depreciation.

A poster named RONDALON posed this question on the Blue Oval website and it is perfectly relevant to my new situation:

"1. better off to wait and accept previous April build whenever it shows up... At agreed upon pricing and discounts (which were fine but nothing that exceptional from what I've since seen from other posters and other forums).
2. Or... Press on to reorder same new truck now... not sure if the same dealer will even do it or with same pricing , as he shut that idea down and didn't want to respond to that option previously.
3. Or... Just hold off , take my deposit back and order a 22. Get it hopefully in a more reasonable time frame beginning of the year and not accept a truck a year depreciated that set outside for months....

Thoughts please????"

The fact that my truck will very soon lose a calendar year of depreciation and it will take a hit when I trade it or sell it, I'm now sitting on the fence about the whole transaction. I waited this long (more than 5 months, going on 6) maybe I should just wait a little longer.

I know most people on here want their trucks very much, so do I, but at some point logic has to come into play.

What do you all think?

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
Are other build weeks getting as much action as us? Or is Ford doing a last in first out method?
The 3/15 week has seen a lot of movement. I believe this was the first full week of parking trucks. Almost makes it seem like they're working from the outsides in.

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
My build date was April 30 and Monday the Ford order tracker showed that it was in transit and had an ETA of July 31. Today my ETA was bumped back 11 days, to August 11. In a normal year that's when dealers start marking down prices to clear inventory.

If I throw up my hands in disgust at the new delay and say I've had enough, a month or so later I can order a '22 and save a years depreciation.

A poster named RONDALON posed this question on the Blue Oval website and it is perfectly relevant to my new situation:

"1. better off to wait and accept previous April build whenever it shows up... At agreed upon pricing and discounts (which were fine but nothing that exceptional from what I've since seen from other posters and other forums).
2. Or... Press on to reorder same new truck now... not sure if the same dealer will even do it or with same pricing , as he shut that idea down and didn't want to respond to that option previously.
3. Or... Just hold off , take my deposit back and order a 22. Get it hopefully in a more reasonable time frame beginning of the year and not accept a truck a year depreciated that set outside for months....

Thoughts please????"

The fact that my truck will very soon lose a calendar year of depreciation and it will take a hit when I trade it or sell it, I'm now sitting on the fence about the whole transaction. I waited this long (more than 5 months, going on 6) maybe I should just wait a little longer.

I know most people on here want their trucks very much, so do I, but at some point logic has to come into play.

What do you all think?
I think that answer is different for everyone. To me the biggest factor is how long you plan on keeping the truck? If you turn your trucks every couple of years, depreciation would be more of a factor. If you plan on keeping it long term, that becomes less and less of a issue.

SaskRiders

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat, 2017 Edge, 1989 Honda HA2

Thoughts please????"

What do you all think?
I hear you. I ordered mine March 4. I ordered because that was the truck I wanted. The deal was pretty good. I am not presently looking to reorder because I have a trade that I have been driving through this that they guaranteed the price on. Yes the new truck will have depreciated but I would have put 7000 km on it. I hope I get it in August. I do understand where you are and I may just get there.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)

Thoughts please????"

What do you all think?

Based on what we know right now, I think the downsides to re-ordering a '22 don't outweigh keeping the '21.

1. The earliest you'd probably be able to take delivery of a '22 is February, that means you're going to get at least 6 months of life out of your '21. Not bad.
  2. There's also no guarantee right now that trucks will be back to the normal 8-10 week build cycle for the 22s, you very well could end up waiting 4 months for it.
  3. Commodity prices for Ford have expired, and everyone is speculating that the 22s will see a price increase because Ford will be paying more for aluminum, steel and rubber.
  4. While dealers have certainly not been making the profits they typically would have this past year, I would expect many of them to not want to deal on new trucks until well into the 22 season, after they have seen a more stable market.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Based on what we know right now, I think the downsides to re-ordering a '22 don't outweigh keeping the '21.

1. The earliest you'd probably be able to take delivery of a '22 is February, that means you're going to get at least 6 months of life out of your '21. Not bad.
  2. There's also no guarantee right now that trucks will be back to the normal 8-10 week build cycle for the 22s, you very well could end up waiting 4 months for it.
  3. Commodity prices for Ford have expired, and everyone is speculating that the 22s will see a price increase because Ford will be paying more for aluminum, steel and rubber.
  4. While dealers have certainly not been making the profits they typically would have this past year, I would expect many of them to not want to deal on new trucks until well into the 22 season, after they have seen a more stable market.
This is how I feel. I think those of us that ordered feb-Apr got decent deals and I don't see dealers making deals like that at this time nor are the factory rebates similar now to what they were before

s.french1933

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150, 2021 f-150(ordered)

Thoughts please????"

What do you all think?
I agree with your logic and have had the same internal discussion. The question I have for you did you put any money down and would your or my dealer be willing to move that to a 2022.
Sponsored