4/26 Build Week

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Has anyone else gotten static from their dealer when trying to cancel their order? My dealer is telling me that my $1000 deposit is non refundable, but they can sell me a platinum (which is not even built yet, ETA in august) for MSRP, which is about 15k more than my xplan pricing on my lariat. They have also refused to reorder.
I canceled my order the other day, no problem getting my $1000 deposit back. Then I reordered at a different dealer and made sure I could get my $500 deposit back on that one too. Both were X-Plan orders and both times I got lucky because I didn't know they could keep it.

The problem is X_Plan Rule #7. They should have given you their deposit policy in writing but they're not required too.

"The dealership may require the New Vehicle Purchase Program customer to make a deposit when placing a vehicle order. Some or all of this deposit may be retained by the dealership if the customer declines to accept delivery of the product ordered. An agreement in writing should be reached with the dealership concerning the amount of the deposit and the conditions under which it may be retained by the dealership if the transaction is not completed."

The dealer is a dick.
Sponsored

Mikeg1906

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 7850 GVWR
Occupation
Truck Driver
Ordered 3/19, got VIN and build week today from the dealer. Also surprised at how relatively soon it was. I was honestly expecting more like June/July given all the delays everyone else seems to be having. Fingers crossed it happens as scheduled ?
I ordered 4/16 dealer says it's supposed to be built in June delivered August 9th but when I run the vin on the site we got here it don't say that.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Has anyone else gotten static from their dealer when trying to cancel their order? My dealer is telling me that my $1000 deposit is non refundable, but they can sell me a platinum (which is not even built yet, ETA in august) for MSRP, which is about 15k more than my xplan pricing on my lariat. They have also refused to reorder.
I could see them trying to pull this if they had done everything they were supposed to to honor the deal. The problem is not that you don't want the truck, the problem is they don't have a truck to sell you. I think it would be easy to argue the failure is on their side not yours. I think if my dealer tried to pull this on me, I would have my lawyer draft an intent to sue to the dealership and I bet they would change their mind pretty quick. It may cost you the $100 for the letter but thats better than losing $1000

ECGMAPPER

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Healthcare
It is an emotional roller coaster for sure, it’s like being in the grip of a terrible drug, some good days, some bad, but for the most part this forum and the people on here have been amazing and supportive! I am obviously excluding the posts regarding toxic mutated rat nests and locust infestations in the trucks. My name is Mark and I am a truckaholic.
:ROFLMAO:

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Update:

Attached my CSV this time

Total trucks: 283
Trucks built before May 1st: 62
Percentage: 21.9%

Things are looking good. Since my last update 19 new trucks were delivered of those, 16! were built before May 1st.

So the percentage of trucks built before May 1st that have been delivered since my update is 84%

And the numbers for just this week are below, percentage of trucks before May 1st: 87%

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 11.09.58 AM.png
Huge jump in deliveries yesterday!

Total deliveries just yesterday June 16th: 28
Before May 1st: 26
Percentage: 93%

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 7.59.27 AM

Sponsored

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 7.59.27 AM.png
Any coincidence that just 6 of these are 1FTEW vs the rest 1FTFW? not sure the difference?

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Any coincidence that just 6 of these are 1FTEW vs the rest 1FTFW? not sure the difference?
Did a quick check it seems that all the "E"'s are blue stickers (stock) and all the "F"s are green stickers (retail customer orders).

Edit:
That just seems to be a coincidence
Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 8.32.05 AM

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
The E is below 7000 and the F is above 7001 gross vehicle weight.

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L
I lumped him in with the Monday crew bc that's when his ETA changed from 10/31 to n/a. He had that disappearing window sticker issue right before his ETA update.

F150 2021 orders are no longer being accepted by plants. I have a non-refundable 1k deposit as well, so your dealer is just being as reasonable as mine. That being said, I think the spirit of the deposit was so that it would make it easier to sell a custom order to another customer should the build be abandoned. I think the circumstances of the chip extending deliveries well beyond the normal 6-8 week time frame would cause a dealer that's interested in good business refunding deposits. I hate hearing that dealers aren't refunding deposits given current circumstances. Dealers aren't having any issues selling anything in this market.
They should be able to refund deposit based on truck delivered being way over 8-12 weeks. If they can't deliver the product in original said time they should almost have to give the deposit back. When I was considering backing out my dealer basically said "no problem, we will give you your money back"

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

Well, for my 3/30 truck that's a bit disappointing, seems to confirm they're going backwards from 4/30, so I'm looking at August/September for sure... Thanks Ford for punishing me for ordering earlier.

Sponsored

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Well, for my 3/30 truck that's a bit disappointing, seems to confirm they're going backwards from 4/30, so I'm looking at August/September for sure... Thanks Ford for punishing me for ordering earlier.
4/29 and no updates here,

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)

This is all to be expected though. With both plants recently down, and nearly every truck built in early May already delivered, we should expect the majority of trucks being delivered now to be the ones from storage.

The positive here is that this shows waiting trucks are being completed, however, the current percentage seems meaningless. Even when we start seeing trucks being delivered in about 4 weeks that were built this week, I'm not sure what the delivery percentages will tell us, without knowing how many trucks are coming off the line.

Mark Fischer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3 ltr 163,000 mile trading
Occupation
Heavy Mechanic /US ARMY 35 YRS (ret)/ Caterpillar / Pacific gas Electric
It amazing that Dearborne has not stopped making trucks and most of us waiting had trucks being built in Kansas City Plant , , have checked new deliveries in Northern California and blend dates and productions dates are all later and getting built/delivered, glad this is my last Ford truck , never by Ford again ,
Sponsored