First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
I’m not pissed at Ford for not delivering trucks.
There’s a worldwide pandemic and their chip source burned down.
(Part of it anyway)

I’m pissed at Ford for how they’ve just completely blown us off like they couldn’t give a flying fcuk!
Exactly why im pissed

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Clearly there is no chip shortage if they are building and shipping trucks after the parked ones were built.
That's what pisses me off about the whole situation.
Exactly! That's what's really making me pissed. I've contacted Ford through a few channels now. And every time I get "there's a chip shortage". Ya no shit, doesn't explain why the May ones are being delivered.

The executive liaison followed up with me today, she said she spoke with the Ford production team, but they didn't give her any new information other than "there will be communication with the customers soon, via dealers" and "chip shortage".

This is why I've been building my excel sheet of all the trucks being delivered, I'm hoping they'll have to give me a real answer when there is real data in front of their face.

Last edited:

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ive been blasting Ford on every media platform....... clowns
I was doing the same. You have the clowns that don't understand and post "what do you expect in a chip shortage". I reply that I would expect trucks to be built and shipped in order they are received.

Then you get the customer service rep that post, dm vin so I can look i to this further for you. All you get in response is your truck is waiting on chips. No shit Sherlock. ?

JP MAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT, Lariat, Platinum
I was doing the same. You have the clowns that don't understand and post "what do you expect in a chip shortage". I reply that I would expect trucks to be built and shipped in order they are received.

Then you get the customer service rep that post, dm vin so I can look i to this further for you. All you get in response is your truck is waiting on chips. No shit Sherlock. ?
Can't agree it more

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
So just my thoughts but they can't shift all chips to the trucks already built as that will ultimately slow down the entire process. In the ideal world, all new chips would go to the trucks that are parked but that can't work as they are not going to continue to build partially built trucks. They are trying to continue the production line while finishing the parked trucks as they can. As to why a more recently parked truck might be finished sooner than a truck that has been parked longer, I can only assume that the way they have these trucks stacked in the parking lots that they have to work their way from the outside toward the middle. I ordered two trucks. One for my son and one for my daughter. They were ordered on 3/16. They have identical VIN's except the color code and they are one away from each other so the orders were accepted and VIN's created at the same time. One was put in production on 4/28 the other on 4/30. Wednesday I see on the tracker that the one produced on 4/30 is built and yesterday moved to shipped. The one produced on 4/28 still says "In Production" and is on chip hold according to my dealer. I know this seems backward as the 4/28 one would be finished first or so you would think but I have worked production before and I have seen how things get stacked and you can only get to the newer ones first, and you cannot shift parts to the preproduced ones at the cost of the production line. It simply is a money issue and they use "excess" parts, employees, and time to finish the "stockpile" when they can. Anyway, I know it is annoying but just my thoughts.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Every day that goes by I get more and more disgusted with the whole process. I am at the point now that even if it came in tomorrow I don’t know that I want the constant reminder, every time I see it, of Ford phenomenal customer service throughout this whole process. I know it’s a catch 22 as if I don’t take it the dealer will likely get another $12k for it, and FMCO could care less either way.

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
Clearly there is no chip shortage if they are building and shipping trucks after the parked ones were built.
That's what pisses me off about the whole situation.
What pisses me off is a truck that my dealer ordered the day AFTER ordering my truck is now sitting on the dealer lot.

A fully loaded limited. I’m not surprised at all….

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
So just my thoughts but they can't shift all chips to the trucks already built as that will ultimately slow down the entire process. In the ideal world, all new chips would go to the trucks that are parked but that can't work as they are not going to continue to build partially built trucks. They are trying to continue the production line while finishing the parked trucks as they can. As to why a more recently parked truck might be finished sooner than a truck that has been parked longer, I can only assume that the way they have these trucks stacked in the parking lots that they have to work their way from the outside toward the middle. I ordered two trucks. One for my son and one for my daughter. They were ordered on 3/16. They have identical VIN's except the color code and they are one away from each other so the orders were accepted and VIN's created at the same time. One was put in production on 4/28 the other on 4/30. Wednesday I see on the tracker that the one produced on 4/30 is built and yesterday moved to shipped. The one produced on 4/28 still says "In Production" and is on chip hold according to my dealer. I know this seems backward as the 4/28 one would be finished first or so you would think but I have worked production before and I have seen how things get stacked and you can only get to the newer ones first, and you cannot shift parts to the preproduced ones at the cost of the production line. It simply is a money issue and they use "excess" parts, employees, and time to finish the "stockpile" when they can. Anyway, I know it is annoying but just my thoughts.
It’s a money thing alright. Due to extreme corporate greed. They can’t stuff their pockets fast enough with it. At the expense of us waiting for our trucks that have now been sitting out in the elements for months on end.
They could complete and ship these trucks pretty quick if they chose to do so. There is no such thing as customer service and or loyalty any more just greed. And it’s not just Ford. All corporate America is the same.

Sponsored

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
I recall seeing trucks without tailgates in the parking lots. Wonder how bad the mismatch paint will be from lengthy sun exposure?

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
People are pissed because the trucks they ordered months ago, were built weeks ago and parked because Ford didn’t have chips to finish them.

And now they’re seeing trucks roll off the assembly line COMPLETE WITH CHIPS that WEREN’T used to finish their trucks.

I’m really surprised that these people seem to have no idea what happens to a vehicle that’s abandoned in an open lot for weeks and months.

These trucks SHOULD HAVE BEEN parked in vacant warehouses and even then... many of them would have still suffered the effects of rodents and pests.

These trucks are fcuked up! I’m sure Ford will make them right, what choice do they have?
But it ain’t gonna happen fast and as far as I’m concerned these aren’t new trucks anymore.
These trucks should not have been built in the first place.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
So what was the alternative, shut down completely and lay people off? They kept people employed, kept them working, and did what they could. To now say, put all chips in the already finished trucks doesn't work. That makes every single truck they build take longer b/c the tire guy isn't finishing PCM's. He needs a vehicle to put tires on. If they continue making unfinished trucks, to finish the older ones, then the new ones take longer to build. At some point, you just bite the bullet and do what is best all the way around. Should they give some rebates for those who wait like x amount per month, extended warranty for issues, etc. yes probably but financially, to protect themselves and their employees, the priority has to be making the line run as normal as possible and get to the others when they can. Again, just my opinion as I am frustrated with the wait and uncertainty as well but I understand their reasoning.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Well... "hind sight being 20/20" I'd say they should have leased warehouses to store them instead of abandoning them in open lots.
God knows with the effects of the pandemic there must be millions of square feet of empty warehouse space with landlords desperate for tenants, even short term.

I really doubt anyone at Ford thinks that they made the right decision doing what they did.
I think they learned their lesson. We don't see them parking incomplete vehicles anymore, unless their is some QA issue.

Though they need to make sure they allocate enough parts to finish up the trucks that have been waiting. That is what we all want.

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I think they learned their lesson. We don't see them parking incomplete vehicles anymore, unless their is some QA issue.

Though they need to make sure they allocate enough parts to finish up the trucks that have been waiting. That is what we all want.
That and better communication on what that is going to take with some timelines.
Sponsored