4/26 Build Week

mathieu424

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
I'm in the same situation, bought the trailer in the fall and have it sitting in storage by our home waiting to be used (or traded in, actually already looking to upgrade). All these plans are on hold. Looking to either borrow a family members truck or a rental for the planned 3 weeks of camping plus the weekend outings. This whole situation sucks.
I don't know in ontario but here in Quebec I called all rental car company and they are all waiting on truck order, none of them have trucks available to tow my TT.
Sponsored

Hennessy

First Name
VV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum Powerboost
So wife received her truck last night after PDI. Long story short:

Ordered 2/9
Built 4/28
Still in transit
Star white, platinum, powerboost

Found a dealer stock coming in sooner with the same exact specs as the original order above. Put down a deposit and is suppose to arrive 6/24/21.

Salesman called me Sunday saying they received an unexpected stock order that has the exact same spec + max tow but was carbonized gray instead of star white.

We ended up purchasing the dealership stock order with max tow and had to wait for the pdi as it was literally on the truck while the salesguy called me.

finally happy that we are done with this process. now it's time to add some things to the truck like the tonneau and line x.

IMHO, if you are able to find a stock order that matches exactly your ordered spec, jump on it. Our first order was under ford x plan, but seeing as how the dealership itself was struggling i opted to pay msrp for the new truck (obviously thats a big chunk of change to lose out on, but we are in a great position financially).

also, no rust !

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I'm in the same situation, bought the trailer in the fall and have it sitting in storage by our home waiting to be used (or traded in, actually already looking to upgrade). All these plans are on hold. Looking to either borrow a family members truck or a rental for the planned 3 weeks of camping plus the weekend outings. This whole situation sucks.
I looked at renting a truck, but it costs stupid amounts of money to rent to two the travel trailer.

My thought process is that any TT (mine is a 2021 Jayco 267BHS), the 1st 3 months is critical since i expect things to fail due to it being brand new, and i dont want the 2 year warranty to start while i wait for this truck. I also dont want the trailer to sit somewhere when i cant even move it anywhere as i dont have space at my house (it will need to be stored somewhere). I already have the F150 Lightning on deposit and the cybertruck, so if this F150 doesnt come in a week, or so, then i will jsut cancel EVERYTHING, and reorder another trailler next year when i have a truck in hand (either the cybertruck or another F150).

I am being told TT's are going up in price too... GOD. i wish my truck would come.. LOL!!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I looked at renting a truck, but it costs stupid amounts of money to rent to two the travel trailer.

My thought process is that any TT (mine is a 2021 Jayco 267BHS), the 1st 3 months is critical since i expect things to fail due to it being brand new, and i dont want the 2 year warranty to start while i wait for this truck. I also dont want the trailer to sit somewhere when i cant even move it anywhere as i dont have space at my house (it will need to be stored somewhere). I already have the F150 Lightning on deposit and the cybertruck, so if this F150 doesnt come in a week, or so, then i will jsut cancel EVERYTHING, and reorder another trailler next year when i have a truck in hand (either the cybertruck or another F150).

I am being told TT's are going up in price too... GOD. i wish my truck would come.. LOL!!
I've looked at the EV trucks and just not for me due to limited range.

We paid $33k for our trailer last year and being offered $33-37k on trade in from a few different dealers. We have the Roo 183 and looking for a BH with a single slide out with the sofa and table. Also need to be able to pull it with the F150.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So wife received her truck last night after PDI. Long story short:

Ordered 2/9
Built 4/28
Still in transit
Star white, platinum, powerboost

Found a dealer stock coming in sooner with the same exact specs as the original order above. Put down a deposit and is suppose to arrive 6/24/21.

Salesman called me Sunday saying they received an unexpected stock order that has the exact same spec + max tow but was carbonized gray instead of star white.

We ended up purchasing the dealership stock order with max tow and had to wait for the pdi as it was literally on the truck while the salesguy called me.

finally happy that we are done with this process. now it's time to add some things to the truck like the tonneau and line x.

IMHO, if you are able to find a stock order that matches exactly your ordered spec, jump on it. Our first order was under ford x plan, but seeing as how the dealership itself was struggling i opted to pay msrp for the new truck (obviously thats a big chunk of change to lose out on, but we are in a great position financially).

also, no rust !
I wish I could find my build sitting on a lot, but that search has been going on since January.

No way I would pay $10k more than the deal I got unless it was a 2022 F250 sitting there wait for me. ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
The denial is the most annoying part, that's why I've been collecting a CSV of trucks that have been shipped to 15 dealerships in the GTA in just June. So far the numbers are.

Total: 136 trucks
Trucks with production date before 05/01: 16

Meaning only 12% of the trucks delivered in June were built on or before our week.

The other 88% of trucks were built in May.

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.43.48 AM.png
You should contact media outlets to get this in the news. Ford won't care unless the stock watchers notice.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
And here is this week's customer service response to my weekly complaint go Ford.

"
Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre, my name is Steven. We received your email on June 7th regarding your 2021 F150 order. We do appreciate you being a valued Ford customer.

I’m sorry to hear that your F150 is so delayed. I will be looking into this on your behalf, and am more than happy to assist you today.

We regret to hear that your recent experience with the Customer Relationship Center (CRC) fell short of your expectations and wish to apologize for this situation.

Ford of Canada appreciates hearing from our customers, especially when customers provide us with valuable feedback regarding the services we provide. Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford of Canada, and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement.

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Relationship Centre either by email or phone (800) 565-3673 .

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I hope I was able to provide you some guidance.

Sincerely,

Steven A.
Customer Relationship Centre
Ford of Canada

"

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
"It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I hope I was able to provide you some guidance.”
Steven A.
Ford of Canada
[/QUOTE]
I’m not always the sharpest tool in the shed but I just don’t see where they were of any assistance today.

JP MAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT, Lariat, Platinum
And here is this week's customer service response to my weekly complaint go Ford.

"
Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre, my name is Steven. We received your email on June 7th regarding your 2021 F150 order. We do appreciate you being a valued Ford customer.

I’m sorry to hear that your F150 is so delayed. I will be looking into this on your behalf, and am more than happy to assist you today.

We regret to hear that your recent experience with the Customer Relationship Center (CRC) fell short of your expectations and wish to apologize for this situation.

Ford of Canada appreciates hearing from our customers, especially when customers provide us with valuable feedback regarding the services we provide. Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford of Canada, and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement.

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Relationship Centre either by email or phone (800) 565-3673 .

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I hope I was able to provide you some guidance.

Sincerely,

Steven A.
Ford of Canada

"
Hahahahaha, actually they can easily change the name and send this to every single complainer. Totally useless reply.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hahahahaha, actually they can easily change the name and send this to every single complainer. Totally useless reply.
Oh, totally aware of the mailing templates, I'm just impressed that over the last 5 weeks, I have not seen the same mailer used. ? Eventually I expect to see the same.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Very depressing to see all the May builds hitting the lots in my area. Every time I see a truck with tow mirrors I get all excited and then I look at the window sticker and cry a little. Good to see trucks moving, I just wish they were Feb-Apr builds.

https://fraserford.ca/new-inventory/model/f-150/?pag=1

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
They keep showing up here in Midland as well. Lots of them.
Like I said in an earlier post, I saw a full car hauler of F150’s this afternoon headed south on I75. On my way home from work I saw another 2 haulers with maybe 8 F150’s between the two of them. All headed south on I75. Maybe they keep going south, or maybe they head east or west once they get to I70, but I will say it is the first couple haulers I’ve seen on the highway, maybe a good sign (or probably just more May/June builds heading to their happy owners who have been compensated for “waiting”)

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150