4/26 Build Week

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Only valid for orders between 4/1 to 7/6. What BS. Vast majority of us waiting placed the order prior to April.
I missed that, now I don’t know if I am more insulted or less insulted since it doesn’t apply to me
Sponsored

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
I missed that, now I don’t know if I am more insulted or less insulted since it doesn’t apply to me
More. Always more. Some people who ordered in April are already driving their trucks. They DIDNT wait any more than normal. Just another example of Ford being out of touch with reality.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
And since most other rebates are gone what's the big deal? So you're giving a $1,000 to a select few when there's normally $1,000 or more rebates anyway for just about everyone not a select few!

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ford-1000-discount-wait-new-vehicles

Is anyone else as insulted as I am for the $500 additionalFord is offering to compensate for the long wait?
I had totally missed any announcement of this.

"The automaker has doubled an incentive program for shoppers willing to wait for custom order vehicles, many of which are being delayed due the ongoing parts shortages affecting the auto industry."

What about those of us who were not willing to wait 6+ months and had no choice in the matter? :LOL:

Only valid for orders between 4/1 to 7/6. What BS. Vast majority of us waiting placed the order prior to April.
So, let's see... 4/1 was 2 months ago. My 12/10 order was 6 months ago. So I should demand at least $3000 in extra rebates for "willingly waiting"? ?

Keylargo86

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Meanwhile over at GM: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/gm-lifts-forecast-as-chip-shortage-eases-stock-hits-record

The article states that GM is beginning to complete their unfinished builds and is planning to ship them by early next month. Today, I was informed that I shouldn't expect my truck to receive an allocation of semi-conductors until late August/September. This timeframe would appear to line up with the October delivery eta that I have--- so sadly, my delivery eta may be more accurate than I was hoping. Not the news I was hoping to hear.

Sponsored

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Today, I was informed that I shouldn't expect my truck to receive an allocation of semi-conductors until late August/September. This timeframe would appear to line up with the October delivery eta that I have--
Who told you that?

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
My dealer
Hmmm I would take the with a grain of salt. I don't think the dealers have any actual dates. Even people higher up don't seem to know anything. More and more of the April & March trucks are slowly trickling out.

It would be advantageous for your dealer if you cancelled though.

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Hmmm I would take the with a grain of salt. I don't think the dealers have any actual dates. Even people higher up don't seem to know anything. More and more of the April & March trucks are slowly trickling out.

It would be advantageous for your dealer if you cancelled though.
Honestly your dealer knows as much as you do. It looks like my truck built in Late April is getting the parts it needed and is shipping to me ASAP. The only reason my dealer knew the update was he actually checked the visibility report and saw the updates. Ford is not updating dealers with any secret timelines or information.

If anything they would like to sell your truck to a new person for a much higher profit.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
And since most other rebates are gone what's the big deal? So you're giving a $1,000 to a select few when there's normally $1,000 or more rebates anyway for just about everyone not a select few!
That $1000 is only taking the edge off of the $4500 MSRP market adjustment.....

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
You're paying $4500 above MSRP? That's insane.
I agree. Wow

I got a modest discount of $3000 off of MSRP from my dealer (In addition to the regular rebates available). I'd never even consider paying over MSRP for a new car unless it was something exotic.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
I agree. Wow

I got a modest discount of $3000 off of MSRP from my dealer (In addition to the regular rebates available). I'd never even consider paying over MSRP for a new car unless it was something exotic.
I wouldn’t even pay MSRP.

Keylargo86

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Honestly your dealer knows as much as you do. It looks like my truck built in Late April is getting the parts it needed and is shipping to me ASAP. The only reason my dealer knew the update was he actually checked the visibility report and saw the updates. Ford is not updating dealers with any secret timelines or information.

If anything they would like to sell your truck to a new person for a much higher profit.
I agree with you on all your statements. To add more context to my post, my dealer informed me that this was information he had apparently received from the regional manager. I have literally no idea how accurate that statement is. It could be a ploy to get me to cancel the order so that it can be sold to someone else at a higher price. Or it could be true. I'd prefer to believe that my dealer is at least somewhat honest and not trying to deceive me but understand anything is possible. It's unfortunate that we don't have much more to go on other than he said/she said. I'll remain skeptical of everything I hear until the day I drive away from the dealer in my new truck.
Sponsored