4/26 Build Week

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Something interesting just happened. After I asked for my deposit back, bad mouth my dealer, change my avatar and then something good happens. I just got a call from my sales guy saying my ETA was moved from 10-31-2021 to June 21st. He said he is getting me a visibility report ASAP to show me. He also said that the Ford Tracker should update in the next few hours.

My Build date was 4-27 so if this is all correct and I see it on the tracker tonight, I might have hope.

My eta went from 5/20, to 8/29 to 10/31 and now 6/21.

I might not be out just yet. We will see if all of this is true.

So contact your dealer and ask for the Visibility report. Things could be moving.
My heart can't take these rollercoaster rides of emotion. Every time I accept the fact that I will be waiting until September or October for my truck, a glimmer of hope appears and restarts the vicious cycle. Congrats on the update. Let's us know when/if the tracker changes for you
Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Let me give you more hope then. I got a Friend, ordered in late Feb, and was built on 04/15. Just delivered to the dealer today without any notice. And the system still shows ETA 10/31. Don't trust that online ETA. Tell your dealer to call the factory directly for an update.

Good luck.
Another rollercoaster of emotions

Marty811

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I just got a text from my sales guy. Here’s his text:
“I don’t want you to get excited but they are saying 6/11
I will keep you posted. “
My order was a 4/29 blend, went to 10/31 ETA like the rest of us.
I told him I bought a truck off the lot at another dealer.
All he said was thanks for letting me know.
I told him a week ago to cancel my order.
Ford really screwed up by giving the 10/31 ETA date. If I knew the truck would be delivered in June I wouldn’t have canceled my order.
We’ll I bought a F-150 so I guess Ford came out fine!
Poor sales guy lost a sale.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Congrats! What a long wait, but at least it should finally be coming to an end soon.

While we're all mad about delays in being able to buy a truck, I really feel for the poor sales staff at these dealers who literally don't even have cars to sell to make their own paychecks. I had heard some dealerships were forming funds to help pay their sales staff during the times of low inventory.

When I went to go see my new truck the other day the salesman was talking to me and said "It's a great looking truck, you'd see a bigger smile on my face if I had 5 more of them to sell". Everyone who is hurting the most from all of this are the people taking a hit to their paychecks due to the low and unpredictable supply. Just sucks all around I guess.
last month I received an email from my sales person saying they were leaving andwas passing my file off to another person. I think there is going to be a lot of turnover of sales people if they don’t get some inventory soon.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Ford really screwed up by giving the 10/31 ETA date. If I knew the truck would be delivered in June I wouldn’t have canceled my order.
He's gonna make even more money on the next guy than you, in sure they make a percent on the sale price and the next sucker is gonna pay way more than what you would have paid. Don't feel bad. That's why dealers are taking no deposit orders. If customers cancel, they still get a truck to sell in this low inventory climate. And retail orders are being given priority over stock orders (supposedly) so don't feel bad at all.

Sponsored

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
Just let them know you are traveling. It isn't worth it for a dealer to piss someone off in this manner. We picked up a Mach-E on 5/11, though it arrived at the dealer on 5/4, which was 2 days before we flew to Florida for a week. The dealer was more than happy to accomidate us as we had to get stuff done prior and the dealer was 40 minutes away. This was not a custom order, but I called a 100m radius looking for in stock or in transit Premium Mach-E in Carbonized Gray. Great dealer experience. Now just need my Carbonized Gray Platinum to get off Ramp59 so we can be matchy matchy.
I'm not too worried about the dealer "selling it out from under me", the salesperson I'm dealing with is a pretty straight up guy. He wouldn't dare.

This dealership is the same one that I purchased my current truck back in 14'. And this truck is the one that on the first full day of owning it....an oil seal in one of the 3.5's turbo's blew and it smoked most of its oil in a matter of a minute. Ford towed the truck from home and the dealer dropped off a loaner vehicle where I work at for me to drive. Fast forward to when I returned to the dealer a couple of days later (my work schedule prevented me from getting there while they were open) and as I walked in...every salesperson (minus the one that I dealt with) jumped up and ran into the back service area. I'm not sure what they were expecting to happen...

I don't really expect this new truck to just magically appear within the next week anyway. It'll probably be one of them that actually gets delivered on that 10-31 date.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Yet another batch on their way to my dealer.
All built May 25 & 26. A WEEK AGO!
All stock units.

1FTFW1ED5M FB83490
1FTFW1ED8M FB83502
1FTFW1E82M FB83482
1FTFW1E8XM FB83505
1FTFW1EDXM FB83503

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Yet another batch on their way to my dealer.
All built May 25 & 26. A WEEK AGO!
All stock units.

1FTFW1ED5M FB83490
1FTFW1ED8M FB83502
1FTFW1E82M FB83482
1FTFW1E8XM FB83505
1FTFW1EDXM FB83503
It's been well circulated that any trucks built 5/3 and later and were done so with chips on-hand and completed right away, so that would be expected. Most, if not all, who had blend dates of 5/3 or later were shipped within a wee of being built and have already been delivered or are on their way now.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Sure hope something updates on my ordered truck real... quick...
There's another truck built 3 weeks later going to be delivered 12 hour drive away that I've been eyeing with everything on it I ordered plus several other things I didn't want to pay for, which just changed to awaiting shipment & Transit date of 7.... ??

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Any indication of who the "they" in your sales guy's text is? Sounds like it may not have been on the Vehicle Visibility report.

Congrats to all the people whose trucks are shipping. As happy as I am that some end of April builds are moving out of purgatory... I'd love to see a few more from March make it out...

Sponsored

Marty811

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Yup, the Ford Tracker just went from 115 days to 8 days with an expected delivery date of June 11th. Was 10/31 yesterday.
I don’t know why I’m still tracking it since I bought a truck off the lot. Just curious I guess!

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Yup, the Ford Tracker just went from 115 days to 8 days with an expected delivery date of June 11th. Was 10/31 yesterday.
I don’t know why I’m still tracking it since I bought a truck off the lot. Just curious I guess!
Well because it keeps the rest of us informed and hopeful! Thanks for letting us know

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Could you let us know the VIN and order number for this vehicle?

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Here is the status update. I removed the VIN and private information.

I wish had one from Pioneer that showed the 10/31

f150statusjune21.png

So if this is correct then I get my Truck very soon.
It still says in production, not built or awaiting shipment or anything like that. What exactly makes them think 6/11? Seems like a sketchy sales tactic
Sponsored