First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else tired of their wife, neighbors, friends asking where your truck is? LOL man it's embarrassing, people probably think I didn't qualify for financing or something! I have to explain the chip shortage and truck shortage when people say go somewhere else. I checked my dealers Cassen's delivery invoices and there are 2 trucks that are literally 2 numbers off of my VIN so I hope this is a good sign they are nearing completion on some trucks that are waiting on chips. The annoying thing is that I can't pull the window sticker on the VIN's that are close, says not available just like mine (wanted to confirm blend date, options, etc.).

VIN #'S DELIVERED TO DEALER: 1FTFW1E54MFB58430, 1FTFW1E58MFB58429

MY VIN: 1FTFW1E54MFB58427

Maybe this will give us some hope!!
Agreed, i hate waiting as well.
Sponsored

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Anyone else tired of their wife, neighbors, friends asking where your truck is? LOL man it's embarrassing, people probably think I didn't qualify for financing or something! I have to explain the chip shortage and truck shortage when people say go somewhere else. I checked my dealers Cassen's delivery invoices and there are 2 trucks that are literally 2 numbers off of my VIN so I hope this is a good sign they are nearing completion on some trucks that are waiting on chips. The annoying thing is that I can't pull the window sticker on the VIN's that are close, says not available just like mine (wanted to confirm blend date, options, etc.).

It is so frustrating waiting. I just tell my coworkers,wife, anyone else who gives me a hard time that my truck is like Bigfoot, just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. In all seriousness though I have been asked multiple times why I don’t just go get something off the lot, I then have to pull up inventory and show how little there is.

What I find really odd is that allocation is really wacky. The dealer I am going through said they usually get 75 a month, but the last 2 months they haven’t been given any, yet I see people placing orders end of May with mid June build dates scheduled.

mathieu424

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021

I feel your pain, same thing here. They don't say it but I'm sure they all think I'm not looking at my things ans I did something wrong in my order...

mathieu424

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021

The VIN 1FTFW1E54MFB58430 has a blend date of may 17th.... :(

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7

My VIN is close to those as well.
Probably parked close to yours.
1FTEX1EP8MFB58473

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
My ETA to dealer has now gone from 8/28 to 6/19

Edit: Trying not to get too excited though especially with Palsapp still showing Pending.
For what it's worth, Palsapp never showed anything for me, it had that "Pending" status the day it went to "In Production" and just stayed there in the pending status with no destination the entire time, even a day after it was delivered to dealer it's still showing the same, so I wouldn't put too much value on Palsapp.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
For what it's worth, Palsapp never showed anything for me, it had that "Pending" status the day it went to "In Production" and just stayed there in the pending status with no destination the entire time, even a day after it was delivered to dealer it's still showing the same, so I wouldn't put too much value on Palsapp.
It is nice knowing that these don’t update reliably, but man is it frustrating!!!

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Well what do you know, apparently the Wolf Man was wrong! I know! Shocker right? :ROFLMAO:

So apparently I was thinking the In Production date was the build date but now that the tracker has been updated again, well see for yourself. Apologies to all for giving out the wrong information before! ?

2021-06-02 (1).png
You were still right, I think what you see as "In Production" on that tracker is when it actually comes off the line, whether it's complete or not as far as chips go. Seems like it's always a day after your blend date, it was for me and appears to be for you as well. They must have put your chips in yesterday, because as far as I've seen, you'll never actually get the check mark on In Production an advance to Built unless the truck is truly complete and ready to go. When my tracker was in your state it was getting the liner offsite then shipped a day or two later. Based on what it says here you should have your truck in a week or two I bet. Mine showed up a full 2 weeks ahead of the ETA date it got when it went into Built status.

totalsc

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Sales
So, I had a build date of 4/22 and a blend date of 4/29. Got several different responses from the "rep" telling the dealership that special order trucks are prioritized over dealer stock. Turns out that's complete BS. Yesterday I was told my truck was in "a batch" of trucks slated to be completed in October! Even though it was "built" in April (whatever that means, I guess it had wheels and a roof since it's in a parking lot?)
Meanwhile, in the last 3 weeks prior to Memorial day, they managed to built complete and ship out thousands of trucks for dealer stock with the chips/components my truck needs. Even 2 trucks to the very dealer I ordered from. These May builds are on the lot (not very long lol) at dealers already.
They have screwed customers that placed special orders to complete more pricey models for dealers, just wish they would be honest and straightforward with their loyal customer base.

I found an almost exact truck in transit to another local dealer, albeit Lariat vs XLT, and should have it by the end of the week. Cancelled my special order with my usual dealer. I feel bad for the dealers, they seem very frustrated with Ford as well.

Sponsored

Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger
Got some movement on mine today. ETA changed from 06/13 to 07/13 (yesterday) Today “transit date -16”was added as well as primary status changed from “in production” to “awaiting shipment”.

04/26 build week
04/30 blend
05/01 build

XLT 302a PB
6.5 box wheel well liners the only extra
Base stereo
Base pro power
Canadian order

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Got some movement on mine today. ETA changed from 06/13 to 07/13 (yesterday) Today “transit date -16”was added as well as primary status changed from “in production” to “awaiting shipment”.

04/26 build week
04/30 blend
05/01 build

XLT 302a PB
6.5 box wheel well liners the only extra
Base stereo
Base pro power
Canadian order
This basically confirms that 5/01 was the cutoff for cars getting fully built vs ending up in ramp 59 purgatory. Which I missed by 1 day because mine was built 4/30 ? FML.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
This basically confirms that 5/01 was the cutoff for cars getting fully built vs ending up in ramp 59 purgatory. Which I missed by 1 day because mine was built 4/30 ? FML.
We literally missed it by hours.
Sponsored