Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Sometimes I get an error too here is what my looks like:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 10.01.14 PM.png

Looks like most of the truck was built on the first day. And from the list here: https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2012&start=120

I seem to be missing:
  • Steering Angle Sensor Module
  • Vehicle Dynamics Module
  • Steering Effort Control Module
  • Headlamp Control Module
All control or sensor modules which I'm assuming all have chips in them.
Mine looks pretty similar except that I apparently got a Headlamp Control Module on build day.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 1622081800650
Sponsored

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
Mine also says 10/31 now lol!

For everyone tired of typing or pasting in their VIN into the tracker everytime, this site gives a direct link that you can bookmark.

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details

mine: https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details?vin=1FTFW1E55MFB56718&order=D280

Also did you guys check here to see which parts your truck is missing?

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicle/pti.do?vin=1FTFW1E55MFB56718
Well, now mine is showing 10/31 according to that tracker.

And when I look up the PTI info, it looks like my truck is missing three modules.

If it’s really going to be November Ford better start talking to those of us that are waiting. If there is any kind of a plan to move forward, they better speak up...

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Mine also says 10/31 now lol!

For everyone tired of typing or pasting in their VIN into the tracker everytime, this site gives a direct link that you can bookmark.

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details

mine: https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details?vin=1FTFW1E55MFB56718&order=D280

Also did you guys check here to see which parts your truck is missing?

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicle/pti.do?vin=1FTFW1E55MFB56718
Is the etis site geo locked? I see access denied when I try my Canadian vin.

1FTFW1E84MFB56655

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
This afternoon I went from 5/17 eta to 8/28 and now to the completely ridiculous 10/31.
I get that it's probably a place holder... But I've been looking at Ford inventory search with little success for similar builds..
Actually pretty damn disgusted with this right now, GMC is making a real nice truck and has quite a few on the local lot. ?

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
While there are other concerns with 99% built truck sitting for months in a Michigan parking lot, depreciation, hail, etc... And then being 3rd party completed...?
I'm curious if it's a concern esp with Powerboost hybrid battery draining over time and then potentially sitting dead for months and months on end? I don't know if it's as bad for that type of battery as for others, or what, if any maintenance is done to them while they remain parking lot fixtures. Just curious what any other concerns are if we actually take ownership of a purgatory truck in October!?

AccentedWanderer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 5.5. 2018 Audi Q5
Hi, here is the update on the exact same truck - 7515.

You can see my story about my experiences here. In short, exact same truck - blend date one day apart - I received mine on 05/17 and the other one now has ETA of 5 months away.

Again, keep in mind that they were duplicate orders and submitted at the same time by mistake. Only differences are almost sequential VIN and mine was build in May (05/01) and 7515 is build in April (04/30)

7515 now has ETA of 10/31 : ( Ford you are messing up big times

It had a ETA of 08/25 about three days ago when I checked.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 1622097914971-

LA1401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Lariat 502a Supercab
Occupation
government employee
From an employee on another forum:

“ Produced vehicles being held for the microchip issue will now show a "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold" status in Vehicle Visibility. I believe that Ford is using 10/31/2021 as a default ETA for the affected units pending resolution or updated information on microchip availability for the affected vehicle.”
I just got the ETA date of 10/31/21. was 6/6/21 until this morning. Ordered 2/9/21. Built 4/30/21. Dealer sent me a text yesterday showing "on hold" on his computer.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
well as expected mine jumped to 10/31 as well. Guess its time to bail out as I cannot wait that long for a truck nor do I want one thats been sitting in a lot half a year.

Looks like its the Vehicle Dynamics Module that is the big culprit as thats the only module mine is missing based on the etis link posted earlier. (thanks OCDoug) Maybe I just picked the wrong year to give Ford a try or something, but have to say they have not inspired any confidence to me that they care at all for their customers. I realise the chip situation is somewhat out of their control, however their communication and customer loyality leaves a lot to be desired. I think I will start calling around to find a denali for now, and maybe in a couple years give them another chance.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week truck.PNG

Sponsored

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Anyone having issues opening data from some of these sites, try a different browser. I primarily use my iPhone and the safari browser does not play nice. Google chrome works perfectly.

NickIowa

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 PB
Really would like some communication from Ford. I will not be waiting until 10/31. I ordered a fully loaded Platinum, I did see online that a local dealer has a limited however I am not really excited about spending 10K more for it.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This afternoon I went from 5/17 eta to 8/28 and now to the completely ridiculous 10/31.
I get that it's probably a place holder... But I've been looking at Ford inventory search with little success for similar builds..
Actually pretty damn disgusted with this right now, GMC is making a real nice truck and has quite a few on the local lot. ?
When I started the search for a new vehicle in December. I had narrowed down to Ford and GMC. I was very disappointed with the interior, really sucked for a newer release. I think they are releasing an interior update for 2022. My search was really for a tow vehicle and was not totally sold on the towing capabilities either. Brother inlaw has the 2500 Denali, this is what every gm dealer tried to put me in.?

Keylargo86

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I just find it crazy how there is no communication from Ford. It's very unprofessional. I've had to wait a long time for several other products that I've ordered during this pandemic but the companies at least provided updates and stayed in communication with me to let me know where things stood. There is no communication from Ford. Not even a simple phone call or email to apologize for continuing to push back the eta and also provide some type of reasoning, logic, and plan forward. Their customer relations get an absolute F and that is putting it kindly.
Sponsored