4/26 Build Week

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I'm stuck waiting for this truck. I got like $8k off MSRP with all the rebates, dealer incentives, etc. There's no way I'm gonna get anything like that in the current truck shortage market. It pisses me off that I'll be giving Ford my money but it is what it is. I was thinking to buy an extended warranty on the truck but I'm definitely buying one now. Especially with all the rumors of third party workers finishing the trucks, having mine sit outside for 2+ months, the axle rust issues, etc.
We are in the same situation, I am sitting at $12k off sticker for my platinum. I know if I declined this truck and order a 2022 I would be willing to bet I would be looking closer to $15k more for another truck. I think it will be some time before we see deals like this again.
Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
It's clear to me now that all April builds have been updated with a 8/20 ETA. I highly doubt that there will be this mass exodus of trucks all on the same day or week.

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
It's clear to me now that all April builds have been updated with a 8/20 ETA. I highly doubt that there will be this mass exodus of trucks all on the same day or week.
My guess would be that they updated the date to something far enough out so they don't have to update it every week. I'm sure they'll release a handful of trucks here or there as they get parts, but at this point, there's really no way of knowing for sure until it actually shows up at the dealership.

kt381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
Long time listener, first time poster...I have a Platinum on order with a 04/29 build date (02/09 order date). Current ETA is still stating 05/21. Status has been 'in-production' since shortly after the build date.

Ironically, my father in law ordered a King Ranch on 03/11 and had a build date of 04/27. His ETA changed yesterday to 08/20 but has been 'awaiting shipment' since shortly after the build date.

I'm not sure there is a way for any of us to be able to figure out the method to the madness. Seems very randomized.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Not all mine is still showing 5/30 for my 4/27 build but am expecting it to change anytime

Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Not all mine is still showing 5/30 for my 4/27 build but am expecting it to change anytime
And my 3/22 ordered, 4/26 build lariat ETA remains 5/17 and in production status... I dont know if thats a good thing to not be updated to August or a bad sign that its just been forgotten.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Build 4/27. Original ETA was 5/01, but is now showing 8/10. Dealer tells me it's 8/03 on Ford's system. Either way, i think all of the vehicles will be delivered much sooner. All the new shutdowns are freeing up a bunch of chips to be used to clear up the stored units to get them delivered and sold and stop paying expensive rent. Don't care if it's a contractor or employee plugging in the chip module. That's UAW's problem. Don't get pissed at Ford. Not their fault this is happening and don't cancel your orders. The incentives we're locked into wont be seen again for a while. Hang in there....

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Order 5 March
BLEND 30 April
In production 1 May
ETA 7 June
It has been that way for a couple of weeks with no change. The tracker I posted for Mach E is still counting down.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Long time listener, first time poster...I have a Platinum on order with a 04/29 build date (02/09 order date). Current ETA is still stating 05/21. Status has been 'in-production' since shortly after the build date.

Ironically, my father in law ordered a King Ranch on 03/11 and had a build date of 04/27. His ETA changed yesterday to 08/20 but has been 'awaiting shipment' since shortly after the build date.

I'm not sure there is a way for any of us to be able to figure out the method to the madness. Seems very randomized.
Welcome! Yea. No process and plan.
Build 4/27. Original ETA was 5/01, but is now showing 8/10. Dealer tells me it's 8/03 on Ford's system. Either way, i think all of the vehicles will be delivered much sooner. All the new shutdowns are freeing up a bunch of chips to be used to clear up the stored units to get them delivered and sold and stop paying expensive rent. Don't care if it's a contractor or employee plugging in the chip module. That's UAW's problem. Don't get pissed at Ford. Not their fault this is happening and don't cancel your orders. The incentives we're locked into wont be seen again for a while. Hang in there....
I agree. Hold the line! Lol. I think it's fair to criticize Ford for not having a clear process. It makes ZERO sense that folks that ordered trucks last year are still waiting while folks that ordered trucks as recently as end of April are already getting delivery; that has nothing to do with the chip shortage. Ford has no plan or process. My dealer as well as others have mentioned that too often trucks just show up.

Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Order 5 March
BLEND 30 April
In production 1 May
ETA 7 June
It has been that way for a couple of weeks with no change. The tracker I posted for Mach E is still counting down.
Tracker for MachE is counting UP on mine day by day since the missed ETA,

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
I am pretty dejected today. My salesman couldn't really do anything but confirm the bad news. His hunch is that the late August date is just a place holder date. He hopes the trucks get the chips and shipped well before then. He knows my drop dead date and will work with getting me a XL to use as a courtesy vehicle for my vacation if mines doesn't arrive before then.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just left my dealership. Yep, my truck is awaiting a chip (or 2 ?). They are seeing most builds that were in April that are still "in production" eta dates are being moved out to August. Sounds like mass chaos with no planning or communication from Ford. They are expecting vehicles to still flow and the August date means very little.

I would have thought customer orders would have priority but this one just landed. This is all really f'd up.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week Screenshot_20210519-125421_Brave

KSB7503

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Raptor 2019 Acura RDX
Occupation
Self Employed
I feel like the build week of 4/26 is going to be worst of the bunch. It seems like more and more May builds are shipping. It seems like the cut off line for not getting chips was the last week in April(Our week).

I get the feeling we are at the back of the line for parts :mad:
My truck was built 5/8 & shipped 5/11,the Gm of the dealership is tracking it so I should have it in the next few days. Not sure how I got so lucky since it was only ordered March 19th

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
My truck was built 5/8 & shipped 5/11,the Gm of the dealership is tracking it so I should have it in the next few days. Not sure how I got so lucky since it was only ordered March 19th
I think the April builds were the last of the build and park vehicles. Ford has to ship something, so it looks like anything build in May has been shipping. It seems more and more like May 1st was the cut off line. I am happy are getting your Truck.
Sponsored