4/26 Build Week

mathieu424

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
It seems like the trucks that were built after our week are the ones that got through the process and shipped. Lucky us
This is frustrating, I placed my order on september 25th and was buitl on April 27th...
Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
That's either:

1. BS
2. Bad policy by the dealership.

"oh no, david got hit by a truck while on vacation.. guess we can't pull reports ever again.." -- think about it.

Either way, it would make me look at going to another dealer for my next truck.
I agree, but I didn't want to text that. Lol. If I'm going to question his integrity, I will do it in person. I'm likely going to pull up to the dealership on Thursday or Friday if I don't get my truck this week as scheduled. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I also agree with you last point, I'd never order another truck from these guys. I may buy something off the lot, but that's it.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
That's a little bit of a over-reaction. My guess is that there are other people at the dealership that have the ability to pull reports, but there is one person that is tasked with that specific thing.
My dealership is the same way. My salesman asks the "order/ procurement manager" to pull my status when I call. Sometimes he's available, sometimes I have to wait.

Same thing with my job. I know how to do many other employees tasks, but I don't. Imagine the confusion that would create.
Fair point, but you'd think they'd have someone available to step in when the guy goes on vacation. A single point of failure is never a good thing.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Fair point, but you'd think they'd have someone available to step in when the guy goes on vacation. A single point of failure is never a good thing.
Completely agree. If the guy is out for a long period of time, they need to have a backup. Remember, these are uncharted times for everyone, including dealers. Before now, orders were typically completed in 8 or so weeks, avoiding the need for people to check a status for months and months.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
The former military leader in me is getting annoyed a bit. lol. I really get that we are dealing with a chip shortage, but this isn't the first time the industry has had to deal with this; see 2008 chip shortage. There's no doubt that things can and will go wrong in the beginning, but I think the industry has had enough time to come up with a plan for the vehicles they are building. Here's a quote from a plant worker from OAC:
" It’s the same [expletive] going on up here at OAC. We have 11,000 Edge/Nautilus packed around the plant. We were down for 4 weeks during that time they took parts out of the units parked around the plant and are putting them into the units we are building now. The units we are building now are shipping. Word is we will only be back til May 28th then down til July at least. I knew we would have lots of downtime as ford has to process those f series sitting around Michigan and in Kentucky. I’m just wondering what the process will be to get all of these vehicles of these lots. OT for us,Third party?? This year has been a big [expletive]SHOW so far in this industry!"

I will say that this doesn't mean that DTP and KC were/are using parts from previously built trucks to complete trucks coming off the line now, but it would certainly explain why so many of you have been waiting 4 to even 10 months for you trucks.

you can read the thread here: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71066-dearborn-shutdown/

Sponsored

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
The former military leader in me is getting annoyed a bit. lol. I really get that we are dealing with a chip shortage, but this isn't the first time the industry has had to deal with this; see 2008 chip shortage. There's no doubt that things can and will go wrong in the beginning, but I think the industry has had enough time to come up with a plan for the vehicles they are building. Here's a quote from a plant worker from OAC:
" It’s the same [expletive] going on up here at OAC. We have 11,000 Edge/Nautilus packed around the plant. We were down for 4 weeks during that time they took parts out of the units parked around the plant and are putting them into the units we are building now. The units we are building now are shipping. Word is we will only be back til May 28th then down til July at least. I knew we would have lots of downtime as ford has to process those f series sitting around Michigan and in Kentucky. I’m just wondering what the process will be to get all of these vehicles of these lots. OT for us,Third party?? This year has been a big [expletive]SHOW so far in this industry!"

I will say that this doesn't mean that DTP and KC were/are using parts from previously built trucks to complete trucks coming off the line now, but it would certainly explain why so many of you have been waiting 4 to even 10 months for you trucks.

you can read the thread here: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71066-dearborn-shutdown/
So they took the parts out of our built trucks, to put in trucks built after and ship those out, and now a contractor will replace those parts god knows when in our trucks to ship out? That's insane.

I'm so glad I'm leasing, if I was buying it I'd cancel right away, not worth the issues especially off warranty.

Also, insanely pissed at the fact that had I ordered three months LATER, I'd have my truck, but now I'll have a rusted, built than unbuilt than rebuilt-by-a-contractor truck. Seriously, way to say "fuck you" to people who ordered in Jan/Feb.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
So they took the parts out of our built trucks, to put in trucks built after and ship those out, and now a contractor will replace those parts god knows when in our trucks to ship out? That's insane.

I'm so glad I'm leasing, if I was buying it I'd cancel right away, not worth the issues especially off warranty.

Also, insanely pissed at the fact that had I ordered three months LATER, I'd have my truck, but now I'll have a rusted, built than unbuilt than rebuilt-by-a-contractor truck. Seriously, way to say "fuck you" to people who ordered in Jan/Feb.
At this point, I'm going to stay away from certain threads. Haha. We've got access to information our dealers likely don't have, and that likely will cause a lot of us to get upset. I'll stop posting bad news on this thread, but I felt obligated to let you guys know.
Back to posts of hope. ???‍♂

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
The former military leader in me is getting annoyed a bit.
Yeah, this whole thing seems like a GREEN 2LT planned it on a Saturday night/Sunday morning after getting some beer in his system...and now he is wanting to be the Warrior that saved the day!

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat

I wonder if they have officially run out of space to store trucks, so they took from ours so the latest ones can be shipped. They've dug the hole so deep at this point there's probably no good way to get out of it.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I was just going through what other trucks were available on the lots around me. ? Its so close to my build with all the options.

Mfg date of May 1st ?
Delivered May 4th

1FTFW1E8XMFB65635
Order # 5283

Sponsored

maverick

First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I was just going through what other trucks were available on the lots around me. ? Its so close to my build with all the options.

Mfg date of May 1st ?
Delivered May 4th

1FTFW1E8XMFB65635
Order # 5283
Exactly what I'm seeing too

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Don't leave out those of us who ordered in 2020! :poop:

I posted the same thing the other day. I should have just reordered the same truck 3-4 months after my first order. It seems that I would be taking delivery of that second order now.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My current status is "In Production - Origin Received - 4G (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Apr-29-2021, 02:37 ET." ETA is still the 19th, but I'm no fool.
Sponsored