First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
If Ford has not actually provided a VIN to your dealer, I would think it would be more related to the semiconductor shortage and not the spray in or wheel liners.
Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I ordered mine 2/27 and don't have a vin yet. My dealer just asked me to drop the spray in bed liner and the wheel liners to see if this speeds up the order. I will get these added locally. Any idea if this will really make a difference in at least getting a VIN for my truck?
I could be completely wrong but I was under the impression that VIN assignment was based on available dealer allocation. i.e. if they have a ton of orders they're only allowed to "place" x amount of orders per week. But I would think by now you should have had a VIN. So there might be something else going on

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I could be completely wrong but I was under the impression that VIN assignment was based on available dealer allocation. i.e. if they have a ton of orders they're only allowed to "place" x amount of orders per week. But I would think by now you should have had a VIN. So there might be something else going on
I think it's dealer allocation plus priority code. I do wonder, though, if the chip shortage is dragging out even just getting a VIN if that helps them not have such a massive backlog of trucks sitting there waiting.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I thought that too at first but I would not be surprised that, with all the supply constraints, Ford would start not accepting orders or handing out VINs with build dates.

Sponsored

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I don't know if Ford is just especially bad at this or they're hit harder than others, but my brother ordered by a new Chevy Suburban on March 16th and it's already shipped.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I don't know if Ford is just especially bad at this or they're hit harder than others, but my brother ordered by a new Chevy Suburban on March 16th and it's already shipped.
Maybe because Chevy is still using tech from the 90's. They can probably source their parts from old Nintendo's.

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR 5.0, 2006 Escape
Occupation
Self employed
I think it's dealer allocation plus priority code. I do wonder, though, if the chip shortage is dragging out even just getting a VIN if that helps them not have such a massive backlog of trucks sitting there waiting.
My priority code is 80. Does anyone know what that means?

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
My priority code is 80. Does anyone know what that means?
That's really bad. It's likely coded as a stock order and not a retail customer order. You should contact your salesman and see if they can change that because that may never get scheduled

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology

Sponsored

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Lets hope we get our trucks built next week. They just announced more shutdowns.

"These latest production cuts will take place at the Ford Dearborn Truck Plant, Ford Chicago Assembly Plant, Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant, and Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant, with temporary shutdowns at each scheduled to take place the weeks of May 3rd and 10th."
My tracker is no longer showing in production for my 4/30 build date. Not sure if others have seen their status flip back and forth before staying in production

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR 5.0, 2006 Escape
Occupation
Self employed
That's really bad. It's likely coded as a stock order and not a retail customer order. You should contact your salesman and see if they can change that because that may never get scheduled
Are you kidding? They are letting me drive my trade (18 KR) while I'm waiting for the new truck. I would have thought they wanted to get me my new truck asap since I'm putting miles on the trade in.

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
Also got my sticker last night; 4/28 Blend date. For fun, I was comparing it to my sticker for my 2019 Ranger. I had forgotten that my Ranger was built in April of 2019 with a 4/27 Blend date... guess I have a thing for April trucks ?

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week F150_Window_Sticker.JPG

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week Ranger_Window_Sticker.JPG

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Are you kidding? They are letting me drive my trade (18 KR) while I'm waiting for the new truck. I would have thought they wanted to get me my new truck asap since I'm putting miles on the trade in.
Retail customer order codes are 10 through 19, I believe.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ordered March 6th and now have a window sticker, looks like its heading to the line next week. ?

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week Screenshot_20210422-153923_Adobe Acrobat
Sponsored