First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Let's kick off the party for 4/26 Build Week. I ordered 3/11 and got my VIN today. 6 weeks from order to build week seems too good to be true so I'm cautiously optimistic. Let's see what all these chip shortages do
@spectre466,

I do admire your optimism. I can even remember when I had such optimism, some months ago, now. :whistle:
Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I'm scheduled for a April 28 build day. My biggest fear at this point is even if my truck gets built, it could end up in a parking lot waiting for semiconductors to complete.....

maverick

First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Last I checked (on the other forum) my build week was still 4/26 but I assume that will get pushed at least 2 weeks because of the plant shut downs?

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
@spectre466,

I do admire your optimism. I can even remember when I had such optimism, some months ago, now. :whistle:
I'm not hold my breath after all these chip shortages and shut downs were announced

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Last I checked (on the other forum) my build week was still 4/26 but I assume that will get pushed at least 2 weeks because of the plant shut downs?
when did you place your order?

Sponsored

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
What does "picked up" mean? Over on the other f150 forum it that guy showed me my order and it shows I'm assigned a build week but thats it
Assigned a build day, the dealership sent me a screen shot on their end that shows the day it is scheduled for build. As most on this forum know, that is tentative and can adjust.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Assigned a build day, the dealership sent me a screen shot on their end that shows the day it is scheduled for build. As most on this forum know, that is tentative and can adjust.
Cool. When did you place your order?

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Cool. When did you place your order?
5 March, the dealership didn't notify me that it had been set to build until the 16th and by then it had already slipped to the 15th of April.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Order Date 11/4. On 4/8 Dealer informed me (per my request) the build date is 5/1 and also gave me the VIN.

Inquired if the Power Tailgate/Step was added to the order per request on 2/20 as I was told at that time it was added, however since priority code had been changed from 10 to 2 by Ford and production had been scheduled they would need to contact the Ford rep. Apparently the add was not accepted because when tracked by VIN it does not show. Not a big deal just wished Ford had added it. So I'm guessing my original production date must have been before 5/1 because my understanding was you change options up until about 2 weeks prior.

Sponsored

maverick

First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Now have a build day of 4/30, we'll see if that holds.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Finally got confirmation that I actually do belong in this week. From what I am seeing in other forums it looks like the trucks that were scheduled during the shutdown were bumped to May and June and the ones that were not in those two weeks were left alone. It will still likely get built and sit in a lot somewhere until they get chips. It just seems weird how the whole factory scheduling system seems to be working.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week Capture.PNG

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Finally got confirmation that I actually do belong in this week. From what I am seeing in other forums it looks like the trucks that were scheduled during the shutdown were bumped to May and June and the ones that were not in those two weeks were left alone. It will still likely get built and sit in a lot somewhere until they get chips. It just seems weird how the whole factory scheduling system seems to be working.

Capture.PNG
How do I find this screen that you just attached to this post? I just got my VIN and ran it through VIN Tracker and Ford, but i don't see anything that looks like this.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
The other f150 forum has a 500+ page thread where some ford employee looks up uour VIN and sends you that pic