First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I really feel bad for people who ordered last winter.
Their trucks appear to have been half built and parked outdoors to rot while they waited parts.

I went to my dealer on November to buy my truck. He told me there was nothing available with the options I wanted so I waited until March to place my order.

If my truck gets built on 6/7 as advertised, there's a chance it will get completed & shipped. Even if they move the production date out, I'd rather wait for them to have all the parts on hand before they begin the build.
You're exactly right. I don't want my half built truck sitting in a Detroit parking lot for months.

Tang

First Name
David Pollitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford f150 XLT 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Retired
I'm guessing Ford has changed how they allocate chips and possibly aren't building incomplete trucks anymore?
Let's hope that is true.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Just got a status change to "produced" this morning. Fingers crossed there's no significant hold ups ?

View attachment 15591
It must be tempting to check the system every single day lol.

Did you have any of the options that seem to be holding up trucks? Our trucks were built on the same day, and I don't have any options that should hold up my truck (I don't think work surface was an issue when Ford pulled my build in March).

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
It must be tempting to check the system every single day lol.

Did you have any of the options that seem to be holding up trucks? Our trucks were built on the same day, and I don't have any options that should hold up my truck (I don't think work surface was an issue when Ford pulled my build in March).
I keep telling myself to just be patient lol

I don't think I had anything that would have held it up? It's a PB 302A, tow tech, tailgate step, B&O, and work surface. I don't think the work surface is a constraint anymore either, seems to be mainly bed liners and fender liners. Have an ETA of 5/11, so hopefully that means it's not being held up. Fortunately my dealer is only about 8 miles from Dearborn Truck, so shouldn't have to wait as long on shipping ?

Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I keep telling myself to just be patient lol

I don't think I had anything that would have held it up? It's a PB 302A, tow tech, tailgate step, B&O, and work surface. I don't think the work surface is a constraint anymore either, seems to be mainly bed liners and fender liners. Have an ETA of 5/11, so hopefully that means it's not being held up. Fortunately my dealer is only about 8 miles from Dearborn Truck, so shouldn't have to wait as long on shipping ?
Awesome. We have similar builds, so maybe trucks that would be ready to ship after the build are being given chips. I think I saw somewhere that Ford was struggling to find space for trucks waiting on parts, so my guess is that they are changing their process now. I'll be reaching out to my dealer for an update at my 8-week mark which May 7th. I'll ping you that day to see what your build status is too. Heck, you may get your truck by Friday!

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Updated today, one step closer.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week Screenshot 2021-05-02 143758

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
I really feel bad for people who ordered last winter.
Their trucks appear to have been half built and parked outdoors to rot while they waited parts.

I went to my dealer on November to buy my truck. He told me there was nothing available with the options I wanted so I waited until March to place my order.

If my truck gets built on 6/7 as advertised, there's a chance it will get completed & shipped. Even if they move the production date out, I'd rather wait for them to have all the parts on hand before they begin the build.
I agree.
I hope mine is built all at once. Not sitting somewhere waiting on parts.
BTW. Love the RCSB. I have had 3 in the past. 2 F150’s and one Silverado.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My build date was 5/1 with an ETA of 5/17. Today ETA has changed to 5/22

Sponsored

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Updated today, one step closer.

Screenshot 2021-05-02 143758.jpg
Did you get the update from Pioneer as well? I am curious to know what his system says about your truck.

I am wondering if all of these delivery dates are just auto calculated and auto populated based on the produced date and destination location and not taking into account the RAMP 59 purgatory, that ~80000 Ford vehicles are in.

I hope these trucks being build now are being shipped.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Did you get the update from Pioneer as well? I am curious to know what his system says about your truck.

I am wondering if all of these delivery dates are just auto calculated and auto populated based on the produced date and destination location and not taking into account the RAMP 59 purgatory, that ~80000 Ford vehicles are in.

I hope these trucks being build now are being shipped.
I contacted Pioneer74 once but that was confirm the BLEND date was going to hold. He informed me that the only shutdowns were for 3 and 10 May at KC. I'll give it a week with the current status and contact again, Pioneer has been inundated with requests.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Same questions here... It would appear many of our week now have ETAs, Which was admittedly pretty exciting at first but I think most / all of us remain "In-Production" status..? Not built nor shipped. I don't know if that's the norm... If there is a norm this year but When we start seeing that change to built and shipped I'll be a whole lot more excited...
It appears that other weeks have also been talking about new/changed ETAs a lot too the last few days....
My dealer couldn't offer any info beyond what I know, and I figured Im going to try to give it a few days/ week to do something before bugging for dealer tracker info
Additionally, If it means anything, my final assembly plant and ship-to dealership etc No longer populates on my window sticker the last two days

Last edited:

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid