4/19 Build Week

Bri83oct

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Be sure to check your dealership's website.

My truck still shows "in production" with a 1990-01-01 date. That said, it popped up on my dealership website today. I don't know what that really means but I will give them a call and find out. Might be some good news.

KTMADVRDR

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F350, 2004 BMW X5
Occupation
Physician
I was a 4/24 build date. Still stuck with the dot and no checkmark on the Ford tracker. Still a 10/31 estimated delivery date. I don't bug my salesman much because he assures me he checks twice a day for updates and there are never any. But, he did call me out of the blue this week. Which is rare! He told me that Ford was going to start shipping trucks to the dealership to wait there for chips. This is also something I remember coming across here on the forum at one point. He was somehow encouraged by that news. I did not necessarily share his enthusiasm.... He didn't have a definite answer on when this was going to happen and said he would look into it further and let me know. That was 2 days ago and of course I haven't heard back from him.

Has anyone else had their chip-deficient truck "delivered" to the dealership?

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I was a 4/24 build date. Still stuck with the dot and no checkmark on the Ford tracker. Still a 10/31 estimated delivery date. I don't bug my salesman much because he assures me he checks twice a day for updates and there are never any. But, he did call me out of the blue this week. Which is rare! He told me that Ford was going to start shipping trucks to the dealership to wait there for chips. This is also something I remember coming across here on the forum at one point. He was somehow encouraged by that news. I did not necessarily share his enthusiasm.... He didn't have a definite answer on when this was going to happen and said he would look into it further and let me know. That was 2 days ago and of course I haven't heard back from him.

This process would concern me as how can they do the final inspections without a complete truck. knowing how most dealers treat their mechanics, I can see Ford assigning a set time to pay the mechanics to complete the trucks, which would leave little time for any inspections or other quality issues. Basically it would turn into a install module and go to the next one.

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver

If my dealer ever told me this actually happened, i would cancel my order asap

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
If my dealer ever told me this actually happened, i would cancel my order asap
I've heard rumors that this was being discussed but have seen no evidence of it actually happening. To be honest, I've seen dozens of rumors like this that have never happened so I become more cynical by the day. I don't believe anything anymore unless it is backed up by evidence.

With that said, I would actually welcome my dealer being sent my truck to finish the module installs. If my choice was between them and a 3rd party contractor with zero skin in the game, I would choose the dealer every time. Keep in mind, this isn't rocket science. All they need to do is plug some plastic boxes into some connectors and secure with a couple screws.

Last edited:

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Ordered mine 2/24, 3/31 blend date, 4/19 in production, 5/20 eta, now says 10/31 and awaiting chips. Talked to my dealership this morning and they agreed to place a new order for me. Same truck with a few additional options. Whichever comes in first is the one I’m taking and they are going to honor my original invoice price plus rebates of $3k and $2k PCO.
We’ll see what happens now.

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
Ordered mine 2/24, 3/31 blend date, 4/19 in production, 5/20 eta, now says 10/31 and awaiting chips. Talked to my dealership this morning and they agreed to place a new order for me. Same truck with a few additional options. Whichever comes in first is the one I’m taking and they are going to honor my original invoice price plus rebates of $3k and $2k PCO.
I was going to do this as well but my dealer went awol on me i guess lol

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
I was going to do this as well but my dealer went awol on me i guess lol
I emailed my dealer if they had an update on the status or if I should re-order. They simply responded no update.

I talked to another dealer and they said the order bank is closed for 2021, not sure if they were blowing smoke or not. My wife says just to wait it out on this one. Looks like 4/26 trucks are moving. Let's send positive vibes ours follow shortly.

KTMADVRDR

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F350, 2004 BMW X5
Occupation
Physician
That was very generous of your dealer particularly with the current market forces!

I'm still waiting. I feel that I'll see my truck in July.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB

I just don’t see how that would be practical at all. How would they even drive a truck onto a car carrier, presumably remove the chips, then drive it back off the car carrier when it gets to the dealer without it being a working truck???

Seems like that would be a colossal waste of manpower to install/uninstall chips that many times, and in some cases wouldn’t even be possible.

Bocephus87

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F250, 2019 Ranger, 2021 F150 (Pending)
I just don’t see how that would be practical at all. How would they even drive a truck onto a car carrier, presumably remove the chips, then drive it back off the car carrier when it gets to the dealer without it being a working truck???

Seems like that would be a colossal waste of manpower to install/uninstall chips that many times, and in some cases wouldn’t even be possible.

Not to mention the large range of Module calibrations that would require pairing to each vehicle before it will work. I suppose 2.7 to 2.7 or 3.5 to 3.5 the PCM may not be picky, but there are options and combinations we haven't seen in a single line of Ford trucks in a long time. And this is me ignorantly assuming ford used the same module hardware across all the configurations.