4/19 Build Week

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Not ETA. I was referring to the date at the bottom of the window sticker which seems to get updated each week.
It seems to be the ONLY thing that is changing.
I think they update every week. Mine is on Friday. IS aw before they said they update whenever there is a change in the internal Ford System, but I have seen vehicles that have been sold for a few weeks with updated dates on them.
Sponsored

travekinman

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2010 BMW 325i wagon, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
When you let a vehicle sit, they rot. Hail, rodents, dirt, etc...

Ask any mechanic, the worse thing you can do to a vehicle is let it sit.

I've heard the argument that "cars sit in dealer lots for months".

NO, THEY DON'T!

They're constantly being washed, started, moved... operated.

Half built trucks sitting for weeks or months in open lots waiting parts are not.
Reading various opinions on this Forum, watching Ford marketing Ads for new truck concepts such as EV's and Maverick trucks, having some understanding about running a business, accounting and marketing, and feeling as frustrated as most of us here, I've come to the following considerations and conclusion:

1. Ford is more interested in future purchases and products than it's current customer base that are holding truck orders. Proof?, Look no further than this website's News tab on current topics.
2. The trucks sitting on lots in Michigan and Kentucky are already itemized for their current and near future financial value in terms of Ford's Books. They are line itemed as such that they have minimal financial fallout from the perspective of Fords Market Value and it's shareholders to who it must answer. They will sell them to the individual ordered or sell them to someone else - it does not matter to Ford any longer.
3. We the holders of Orders are therefore the least of Ford's concerns as the momentum to maintain Production and Income lies in the future, is more relevant, and outweighs what currently exists with regard to 'lot' vehicles.
4. We are a small voice of Ford Customer Satisfaction which can be easily out spoken with emotional hyped marketing and financial incentives that induces positive sentiment and new customers.
5. Conclusion: There are two options: Walk away from our Order and start over with what is, not what was promised, whether one purchases another truck, new, used, Ford or otherwise under the current environment. OR. Hold our Order to see what it's worth to us as individuals whenever it's fulfilled and then evaluate it's value from the perspective of the environment at the time of fulfillment, in terms of model year (21 vs 22), rebates, possible damage extend for the time the vehicle sat in an open lot, additional coverage required to address issues if retaining it past std warranties, and one's own personal needs.

Thoughts, Comments, did I miss anything?

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Bottom line... “it’s a sellers market” and we’re the “buyers”.

There is nothing we can do until that changes.

But... if everyone did what I did, taking advantage of the “fully refundable deposit” situation and order multiple trucks with the intention of declining delivery on all but one, maybe at some point there would be a glut.
The problem for many of is that we got these great discounts when we ordered. At least I did.
$9200 off MSRP. Order one now and I believe Ford is only offering $1000 at the moment and the dealer isn't going to give us anything when people are willing to pay MSRP and more. (this is going to be a problem going forward now that Ford knows what some people are willing to pay). Maybe say good bye to the big discounts for ever.
Fortunately for me, I don't need a new truck right away. Of course I want it but my current truck is only a few years old and is working just fine and it's not going down in value much here lately. If anything, it's going up a bit.
I will impatiently wait.

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
(this is going to be a problem going forward now that Ford knows what some people are willing to pay). Maybe say good bye to the big discounts for ever.
I think that's a rather pessimistic take. They're selling like hot cakes right now because there's a shortage - so people buying (and all kinds of vehicles at that) buy because they need a vehicle right now, not because there's more demand than usual - there's actually much lower demand.

We don't know what the economic outlook will be in a post-pandemic world, but it's likely that demand for vehicles will go back up, depending on previsions from slightly lower than before due to the rise of working from home, to slightly higher than before due to the increase in disposable income.

Anecdotally, my wife wanted to change her car, but we're likely waiting for mid-2022 to mid-2023.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
I hear ya.

I just want my damn truck and I know that no matter what I pay for it today it’s going to be a lot less than I’ll be paying tomorrow.

As it is I’m paying $60k for a regular cab short bed complete with a kitchen sink so “cost” really isn’t as important to me as “delivery”.

I just want my damn truck!
Looking forward to seeing your truck.
Love the RCSB.
I have had a few of them.

Sponsored

Hali_Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Has anyone from this week seen any movement in their order? I was scheduled 04/23 and there have been no updates on any tracker.

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
Mine hasn't moved (ordered 2/25, "produced" 4/21/21). On June 2, my dealer got the following info from "The Ford Rep" (whoever/whatever that is):
Here is the current status of the F-150 order mentioned below. It is on hold at the plant due to the microchip. I would not recommend the customer placing another order, as Ford is prioritizing retail orders to be released ASAP. Also the F-150 plant is down this week and next week, therefore the status probably won’t change until it is running again.
I think the Rep is partly correct; NEW Retail orders ARE being released ASAP. OLD retail orders, with 1/2-built trucks are NOT.
Someday, Ford will get around to installing missing chips so they can clear out their parking lots of zombie trucks. Officially, Ford probably DOESN'T want us to "double order" because then we'd get the replacement trucks soon, and they'd have to find new suckers to buy the many-months-old trucks that they finally get around to finishing.
Sorry to be negative; this situation is getting hard to accept.
Maybe there will be huge progress when Dearborn opens back up and the status is updated. MAYBE the 3rd party contractors have been busy installing missing electronics in Zombie trucks while UAW assembly line workers have had 2 weeks off.
There, I can still be optimistic (even if it's just fantasy).

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
Mine hasn't moved (ordered 2/25, "produced" 4/21/21). On June 2, my dealer got the following info from "The Ford Rep" (whoever/whatever that is):
Here is the current status of the F-150 order mentioned below. It is on hold at the plant due to the microchip. I would not recommend the customer placing another order, as Ford is prioritizing retail orders to be released ASAP. Also the F-150 plant is down this week and next week, therefore the status probably won’t change until it is running again.
I think the Rep is partly correct; NEW Retail orders ARE being released ASAP. OLD retail orders, with 1/2-built trucks are NOT.
Someday, Ford will get around to installing missing chips so they can clear out their parking lots of zombie trucks. Officially, Ford probably DOESN'T want us to "double order" because then we'd get the replacement trucks soon, and they'd have to find new suckers to buy the many-months-old trucks that they finally get around to finishing.
Sorry to be negative; this situation is getting hard to accept.
Maybe there will be huge progress when Dearborn opens back up and the status is updated. MAYBE the 3rd party contractors have been busy installing missing electronics in Zombie trucks while UAW assembly line workers have had 2 weeks off.
There, I can still be optimistic (even if it's just fantasy).
I have 0 faith in seeing my truck anytime soon

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Well so much for that!
Looks like they’re not taking orders for 2021 anymore.
I hope my last 2 went through...
Where did you see that? They ended Job 1 and now are starting Job 2 orders is what I have seen.

Sponsored

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
  • 06/04/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 09/02/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (DTP)
  • 09/30/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KC)
  • 11/14/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (DTP)
  • 12/05/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KC)
  • 09/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date (DTP)
  • 09/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date (KC)
  • 10/14/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (DTP)
  • 10/14/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KC)
  • 11/15/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (DTP)
  • 12/06/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KC)

jtcomin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Fusion, 2019 Flex, 2004 Jeep TJ, 1996 Sierra
Occupation
Bean Counter
Every May build i see hitting lots makes me sooooo ?????
My May 13 build has been sitting in production since mid-May and the ETA just got pushed to September! Not sure how I got to be so lucky!
Ford F-150 4/19 Build Week 1623361393837

Last edited:

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still waiting for my 4/21/21 "in production" truck to receive its missing chips, so thought I'd visit it today. I think I see it in this Google Earth photo of Dearborn assembly. :)
I'm assuming this is an older image (more zombie
Ford F-150 4/19 Build Week Google Earth.JPG
trucks parked now?), but might be from the timeframe my truck got parked.
Not that I've ever visited anyone in prison, but it must feel something like this.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
This week is not too active. We must be getting bored with the wait!

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This week is not too active. We must be getting bored with the wait!
I noticed that too. Hopefully no one has been on a hunger strike; the wait has been so long they would have died by now.
Sponsored