4/17/2023 Build Week

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
Today I was told by my assigned finance manager that the truck is in a body shop for small chip and scratch they found during delivery. That rules out my plan of a pickup next week. Have to try the following week once they confirm its doable--have to be back for wife's surgery. However, to take advantage of any incentives for this month, I would have to finish paperwork by month's end which means signing before getting to see, touch or drive the car-in person. Tough call. Have to see what they are offering me before I decide.
Sponsored

Schulz314

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat, 3.5L PB, BAP, Max Trailer Tow
It looks amazing! We hope you love it 🔥
I really want to love it but honestly it has been a nightmare since the day I ordered. Waited 9 months, came from the factory damaged, and I have been stranded twice in the first few weeks with a mysterious error that will not allow the truck to start. Not only has this been the worst experience but I can’t even trust the reliability of a 3 week old vehicle. This will be my first and last Ford…

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
I really want to love it but honestly it has been a nightmare since the day I ordered. Waited 9 months, came from the factory damaged, and I have been stranded twice in the first few weeks with a mysterious error that will not allow the truck to start. Not only has this been the worst experience but I can’t even trust the reliability of a 3 week old vehicle. This will be my first and last Ford…
Man, haven't got mine yet so I'm concerned. Have you searched the forum (PowerBoost section) for issue(s) similar to what you are having or tried posting your issues there for suggestions/help?

Before I ordered and while I waited for this truck, I learned that there are some strange built-in quirks about this truck that I need to be prepared for, especially with the power management/battery system/errors-shut down scenarios. Other's, have figured out how to get around them while they wait/waited for an software update or a part replacement fix which came for some. Don't know your specific issues, but I do know some of the earlier ones had their batteries replaced that seem to fix certain system error message issues and others switched the truck to different driving mode (ex. Sport) to just get the truck started again to go on their way. Hopefully, you can find a resolution here on the forum or at the dealer so you can have a reliable truck to drive. Let us know how it final gets resolved.

Schulz314

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat, 3.5L PB, BAP, Max Trailer Tow
Man, haven't got mine yet so I'm concerned. Have you searched the forum (PowerBoost section) for issue(s) similar to what you are having or tried posting your issues there for suggestions/help?

Before I ordered and while I waited for this truck, I learned that there are some strange built-in quirks about this truck that I need to be prepared for, especially with the power management/battery system/errors-shut down scenarios. Other's, have figured out how to get around them while they wait/waited for an software update or a part replacement fix which came for some. Don't know your specific issues, but I do know some of the earlier ones had their batteries replaced that seem to fix certain system error message issues and others switched the truck to different driving mode (ex. Sport) to just get the truck started again to go on their way. Hopefully, you can find a resolution here on the forum or at the dealer so you can have a reliable truck to drive. Let us know how it final gets resolved.
Hey, I don’t want to be the doom and gloom but have to be honest with you. I have read other posts about it and have tried to do some of those work arounds (which is insane on a brand new $80K truck that we are having to jimmy this thing to get it to start). I haven’t had the same success as others, I will say after 20-40 minutes I was eventually able to start the truck. The dealer so far has been zero help. They say they have never heard of this happening (which given the number of people in these forums, I think is BS). They also say they can’t fix something they don’t see for themselves, even though I have five 30 second videos showing this happening. This has been a nightmare and continues to be one, I had extended family in for the holiday and we ended up stranded in a restaurant parking lot for 40 minutes while I try to get my brand new truck started. Again not trying to be Jonny rain cloud but have had a terrible experience not only with the truck but Ford in general. Truly unfortunate because I want to love this truck but just can’t trust it.

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
Sounds like a typical dealer/service response I have gotten throughout my auto buying life. I seem to be "that guy" who finds things or experience strange phenomena with products (devices) that others haven't. Sometimes, it becomes a long (unnecessary) drawn out process to get the problem resolved, especially when talking about automotive dealer service centers as a lot of the time, I'm the first with the issue so they don't know what to do or can't find the problem. For some, they eventually have to turn to the area factory tech for assistance which can take months before he can make it to the service center to help troubleshoot (happened once with my F250 6.0l). Several times in the past, I have had to direct service centers to possible fixes that I learned from others and my own research to speed up the problem resolution process anticipating they never troubleshooted a certain area as being the issue. Shoot, you find out some don't even seem to know about a particular TSB. On the positive note, never seemed have much of problem with anything else once the initial problem with a vehicle was resolved and then out of warranty.

But, yeah, I would be upset and disappointed if what you described happened to me. And boy, would my wife give me the business on my vehicle purchase decision making knowing how much these vehicles cost. 😞

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
Hey, I don’t want to be the doom and gloom but have to be honest with you. I have read other posts about it and have tried to do some of those work arounds (which is insane on a brand new $80K truck that we are having to jimmy this thing to get it to start). I haven’t had the same success as others, I will say after 20-40 minutes I was eventually able to start the truck. The dealer so far has been zero help. They say they have never heard of this happening (which given the number of people in these forums, I think is BS). They also say they can’t fix something they don’t see for themselves, even though I have five 30 second videos showing this happening. This has been a nightmare and continues to be one, I had extended family in for the holiday and we ended up stranded in a restaurant parking lot for 40 minutes while I try to get my brand new truck started. Again not trying to be Jonny rain cloud but have had a terrible experience not only with the truck but Ford in general. Truly unfortunate because I want to love this truck but just can’t trust it.
FYI…Just picked up truck and on my way back to CA, stopped by to see a buddy of mine in Utah for a couple of days. Truck has been driving great. Got up this morning to go fishing with him before I continue on to CA tomorrow. Tried to start the truck and got the “shut down” truck warning message and the truck wouldn’t start. Checked the fuse box as others have mentioned to check. Three-fourths of the fuses and relays were not seated all the way in. Pressed all of them. The message disappeared and the truck started. Hopefully, that resolves the issue for good. Still have a long ways to go to get back home. 🫰Otherwise, I’m enjoying the truck and the drive back home.
Sponsored