Sponsored

37 Days and they are buying it back

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Sure sorry I kinda left out why 😂. From the first week of ownership the truck had major vibration issues in the floorboard and steering along with a very loud transmission. The dealer also found a clicking noise in the steering and has a new module on order with no eta. The buy back will pay me back the purchase price including all down-payment Tags title license. They deduct for mileage usage but I expect this to be minimal. The other option is to exchange for another ford vehicle with Ford adding on some incentives but I'm not buying another Ford product.
Yea, with all the problems Ford has been having and the CEO saying it will takes years to fix, I'd take the money and run as fast as you can. At the rate my 150 is falling apart, I think I won't be far behind.
Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Ya Ram might be even worse. There recalls all seem to be very serious to the point they can't even sell em. I'll probably stick with Chevy/GMC or Yota, but who knows. Maybe just get a Prius and put 37s on.
Chevy did surprisingly well in the latest JDPower Dependability study. Ford was the lowest rated mass market brand.

Ford F-150 37 Days and they are buying it back 2023011a

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
My business partner has a new AT4 and I have a new f150, his has been at the dealer about 6 times for various issues and parts … mine has has a oil change

OP
OP

FordestGump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Trains
My business partner has a new AT4 and I have a new f150, his has been at the dealer about 6 times for various issues and parts … mine has has a oil change
Just goes to show the industry overall. I don't trust any of them, but Ford takes the cake in recalls and issues that they know exist but can't seem to fix.

Sponsored

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
My first choice was the tundra, went to try it on. I am 6’1” the ext cab had fix seats I had to contort myself in a ball to clear the door jam. The crew cab had power seats even with it lowered all the way I was seeing 1/2 headliner 1/2 windshield.

The rear seat of the crew was equal to fords extended

So on to fords crew cab which my daughters say is equivalent to flying deltas comfort plus.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Of I had to replace today, be a Ram 1500 or a 2021 Tundra with the old 5.7

Bought wife a brand new 2023 Enclave. Lasted 32 days, sold it and got a new 2022 Toyota Highlander.

The Enclave had so many quality issues...no way was I keeping it.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Ya Ram might be even worse. There recalls all seem to be very serious to the point they can't even sell em. I'll probably stick with Chevy/GMC or Yota, but who knows. Maybe just get a Prius and put 37s on.
Still thrilled with my GMC. The AT4 might be right up your alley.
Ford F-150 37 Days and they are buying it back 20230217_183927~2

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I hate this thread because it makes me go look at the enemies' web sites and I am afraid my beloved first-ever-truck 21` F-150 will punish me :(

The one thing that I cannot stand about the RAM is the dial shifter. What can I do, old school. I swear I'll never buy a vehicle with a dial shifter (yes, I know, everyone will convert to that eventually).

Sponsored

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
The one thing that I cannot stand about the RAM is the dial shifter. What can I do, old school. I swear I'll never buy a vehicle with a dial shifter (yes, I know, everyone will convert to that eventually).
No way, the customer is always right! Keep saying your preference out loud.

Dunno if you are a column shifter kinda guy, but I LOVE my console shifter in the f150. Right where my right hand naturally falls, perfect access to the driving modes and manual shifting if so desired.

Just tested a '23 Sierra 1500 at work recently, and the shifter made NO SENSE at all. The weird push-forward/back on the console lever, but then it does different things situation. Separate push-button for "park" for some reason. Gross, just give me a positive location for each direction so I can shift without looking, worrying, and waiting for the transmission to do something. Real pointless innovation just to feel fancy or futuristic.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Dunno if you are a column shifter kinda guy, but I LOVE my console shifter in the f150. Right where my right hand naturally falls, perfect access to the driving modes and manual shifting if so desired.
I am only a console shifter, cannot stand column and/or dial shifters equally (yeah, yeah, yeah, column shifter cause it's a "truck". Whatever 😊).

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
I am only a console shifter, cannot stand column and/or dial shifters equally (yeah, yeah, yeah, column shifter cause it's a "truck". Whatever 😊).
Agreed, console is right where my right hand lands and it just feels so natural. Not like I need one more little cubby there to hold coins and junk instead.

But after 7 years with my trusty old '03 Sierra, it did take a couple weeks to stop instinctively reaching my hand up behind the steering wheel to find reverse, haha.

Anyway condolences to the OP for suffering a lemon right off the bat. A sierra would be my only other considered truck if it ever came to that point for me. Although the new turbo-6 Toyota is intriguing....

segchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
If you consider how many vehicles they produce and sell, even a 0.05% rate of problems results in a few hundred people having issues like you. They stood up and took care of you the customer, and 37 days is a quick resolution that I'm not sure you would have seen from some other manufactures. I don't blame you for having a sour taste but bad apples happen. At least Ford took care of you. I've heard cases where customers had to hire an attorney to get a manufacture to honor lemon law and buy back a vehicle.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
No way, the customer is always right! Keep saying your preference out loud.

Just tested a '23 Sierra 1500 at work recently, and the shifter made NO SENSE at all. The weird push-forward/back on the console lever, but then it does different things situation. Separate push-button for "park" for some reason. Gross, just give me a positive location for each direction so I can shift without looking, worrying, and waiting for the transmission to do something. Real pointless innovation just to feel fancy or futuristic.
Took me about 3 days to get used to the GMC gearshift. Now muscle memory has taken over and I don't think about it. I initially told myself I was starting the truck in "neutral" and up for reverse and back for drive. Don't even have to worry about park if you don't want. Just turn off and it goes to park. I've had all of the shifters and none have been difficult. Even reverse manual valve bodies on my hot rods.
It's easy for fanboys to discredit other vehicles with differences that become made up problems. I've had them all and I could own a Ram, Ford or GM truck. But, right now, I'm thrilled with my GMC. Interior equal to Ram Limited. Love the Google based infotainment. I no longer use Android Auto. Live camera rearview mirror and heads up display are great. I have GM performance exhaust ordered with the truck and it's nice to have a nice throaty V-8 In my driving background. Super Cruise is way more advanced than BlueCruise.
I would own a 3.5l Ecoboost again but I wasn't about to give Ford any money for a Platinum or King Ranch with a bunch of deleted standard equipment.
Sponsored