Sponsored

360 Degree cameras function with mirrors folded?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
You brought out something I didn't know was a change for my tow mirrors, thanks for that! That will be useful.
Your previous tow mirrors had the camera on the moving part?

For me it isn't useful, it is a necessity! I hate my friggin garage. I roll down my window and manually fold my mirror on my XLT to get as far left as possible. This will be so welcome to use a button, and have full visibility in urban parking spots.
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Your previous tow mirrors had the camera on the moving part?

For me it isn't useful, it is a necessity! I hate my friggin garage. I roll down my window and manually fold my mirror on my XLT to get as far left as possible. This will be so welcome to use a button, and have full visibility in urban parking spots.
To tell you the truth I don't remember or never tried it anyway. I think it was in the fixed part but I rarely have to fold them.

I would like to know if the tow mirrors fold when you lock it. I have run into mine a few times walking around in the garage.

Forever Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Fairlane GT, 1993 Ranger STX, 2019 Flex, 2021 F150 Lariat
To tell you the truth I don't remember or never tried it anyway. I think it was in the fixed part but I rarely have to fold them.

I would like to know if the tow mirrors fold when you lock it. I have run into mine a few times walking around in the garage.
Bob, the tow mirrors can be set to close automatically when the engine shuts off in the settings menu.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bob, the tow mirrors can be set to close automatically when the engine shuts off in the settings menu.
Thank you for that, exactly what I wanted to hear!

This truck just keeps getting cooler all the time even after I think I know it well. I see some serious reading in my future and have already done some.

I swear your handle sounds familiar, like from another forum but not sure. May just be similar to one I'm trying to think of. They were in Michigan too. Did you order a 2015 F150?

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I have looked at closeups on the superduty (where they review the ultimate 360 camera package that we now get on '21 F150) and on the tow mirrors, the camera is on the fixed portion of the tow mirror. So I plan to fold mine and use the camera 360 to park with ease.

On the regular mirrors, the camera is on the folding portion of the mirrors. So I don't know if those version will be SOL when wanting 360 view in folded position.

I know you are wrestling with that massive $$$ hit now for the tow mirrors (adding tow package) but hope this helps as an added data point.
Well hey, maybe thats something of value haha. Ford did tell me today that they should work, but they picture would be skewed.

This truck just keeps getting cooler all the time even after I think I know it well. I see some serious reading in my future and have already done some.

I swear your handle sounds familiar, like from another forum but not sure. May just be similar to one I'm trying to think of. They were in Michigan too. Did you order a 2015 F150?
Bob, I'm sure you have seen my "mirror saga" unfold (see what I did there). I am now having to basically make the decision between max tow + tow mirrors, or 7.2kw versus power tailgate with regular mirrors and tow tech. I really look forward to your review of the tow mirrors! I am actually hoping my first build takes a while to transport, which allow the new build to get picked up. Plenty of commodity issues again, and the fact that my dealership is only a four hour convoy from Dearborn means I will probably have to make a "blind timeline" decision... I love my tow mirrors on my 2011, but I don't have cameras, or even a parking sensor... I would rely on tow mirrors less with today's technology, but I would also use the tow mirrors WAYYYY more than the 7.2kw or the man step.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Well hey, maybe thats something of value haha. Ford did tell me today that they should work, but they picture would be skewed.

Bob, I'm sure you have seen my "mirror saga" unfold (see what I did there). I am now having to basically make the decision between max tow + tow mirrors, or 7.2kw versus power tailgate with regular mirrors and tow tech. I really look forward to your review of the tow mirrors! I am actually hoping my first build takes a while to transport, which allow the new build to get picked up. Plenty of commodity issues again, and the fact that my dealership is only a four hour convoy from Dearborn means I will probably have to make a "blind timeline" decision... I love my tow mirrors on my 2011, but I don't have cameras, or even a parking sensor... I would rely on tow mirrors less with today's technology, but I would also use the tow mirrors WAYYYY more than the 7.2kw or the man step.
Ugg, don't think I could do without my tow mirrors after having and love them for so long. What is the reason you can't have it all?? With this type of an expense, I want it all. Lol

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Ugg, don't think I could do without my tow mirrors after having and love them for so long. What is the reason you can't have it all?? With this type of an expense, I want it all. Lol
My $60k budget with my wife is already blown... and at $2100 max tow or $1100 regular tow, it’s the principle of Ford pretty much screwing PB buyers on wanting $250 mirror upgrades. I get nothing or a negative camper towing capability with the tow packages.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My $60k budget with my wife is already blown... and at $2100 max tow or $1100 regular tow, it’s the principle of Ford pretty much screwing PB buyers on wanting $250 mirror upgrades. I get nothing or a negative camper towing capability with the tow packages.
After discount and rebates and all the options I added my KR 601a, selling price is $66k, sticker was right at 75K. You only need 10% more.

Of course I've got to wait for that d** rail yard to let it go! I think they are out there driving it around and don't want to let it go.

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
After discount and rebates and all the options I added my KR 601a, selling price is $66k, sticker was right at 75K. You only need 10% more.

Of course I've got to wait for that d** rail yard to let it go! I think they are out there driving it around and don't want to let it go.
Luckily I won’t have rail to deal with... but yeah that’s frustrating. I literally think the dealers would want to take it for a ride at least :) I’m in a Lariat with everything on it except unleashed and a “real” tow package. sticker is a little over 71k and A plan is 62 on the nose. That being said we own all of our cars and boats outright at the moment so the wait is working in my favor “wife budget” wise. Next step is figuring out rates and how much I want to finance.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Luckily I won’t have rail to deal with... but yeah that’s frustrating. I literally think the dealers would want to take it for a ride at least :) I’m in a Lariat with everything on it except unleashed and a “real” tow package. sticker is a little over 71k and A plan is 62 on the nose. That being said we own all of our cars and boats outright at the moment so the wait is working in my favor “wife budget” wise. Next step is figuring out rates and how much I want to finance.
Me too, too old for car payments. I will finance for about a month just to get the financing rebate.

I still see good, don't wear glasses except to read but just love having large side mirrors for safety reasons I guess. I would miss them too much so would have to give up roof or something else if I had to.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Me too, too old for car payments. I will finance for about a month just to get the financing rebate.

I still see good, don't wear glasses except to read but just love having large side mirrors for safety reasons I guess. I would miss them too much so would have to give up roof or something else if I had to.
Oh, and congrats on your Tide championship! I'm sure that is a fun feeling that doesn't get old, but I wouldn't know. The Boilermakers can't win anything... except basketball games against Indiana which is pretty fun.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Oh, and congrats on your Tide championship! I'm sure that is a fun feeling that doesn't get old, but I wouldn't know. The Boilermakers can't win anything... except basketball games against Indiana which is pretty fun.
Thank You was real fun for sure!
Sponsored