Sponsored

360 camera without front parking sensors

fooli-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered F150 Lariat 501a PB 4x4 SuperCrew
Hey everyone. I recently ordered a 501a without copilot assist simply because I didn't find any personal use in the features. I've had adaptive cruise on 2 vehicles and although I seem to be in the minority, I cannot stand it. What I did not realize at the time of order was this would omit the front parking sensors, which I would have preferred to have. I did get the tow technology package however, so I will have the 360 camera (will be the first time on any vehicle for me).

My question is: Will this suffice for front parking/maneuvering assistance? I realize it will likely have to be a manual toggle which is unfortunate. I can't complain too much as I did get a VIN extremely fast for this current market, but obviously now regret not adding the $500 (with navigation rebate) assist option.

Thanks in advance and I have really appreciated the insight from this forum.
Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I use the front camera every time I park in my garage because I have to be less than 6" from the wall so my truck fits in the garage. The sensors only warn of proximity versus with the 360 cameras I can see how close I am to the parking spot lines, car, or pole in front of me.

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
I don’t think you will miss the sensors at all. I have the same setup with the 360 camera. I don’t regret my decision at all. Just need to slow down enough before hitting the camera button as it is speed sensitive.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
I don’t think you will miss the sensors at all. I have the same setup with the 360 camera. I don’t regret my decision at all. Just need to slow down enough before hitting the camera button as it is speed sensitive.
The one nice thing is that the camera is automatically activated by the sensors so that speed thing isn't an issue at parking speeds, although ford has moved the mirror cameras out onto the mirrors instead of the previous stalk location so folding the mirrors garners a wonky picture as opposed to the previous generations of the 360 setup

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
although ford has moved the mirror cameras out onto the mirrors instead of the previous stalk location
Only on the standard mirrors. Those that opt for the Tow Mirrors the cameras are still located on the base attached to the front doors.

Sponsored

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
Only on the standard mirrors. Those that opt for the Tow Mirrors the cameras are still located on the base attached to the front doors.
Of this I wasn't aware!

OP
OP

fooli-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered F150 Lariat 501a PB 4x4 SuperCrew
Thank you all for the input. Yea the main issue I see is having to manually push for the camera as opposed to it automatically appearing with the sensors. I have just been telling myself "the sensors are annoying anyway" just to ease the pain lol

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
pushing the camera button isn't a big deal, I have the sensors and still have to push the camera button from time to time to make sure I am fitting in a parking spot when there are no other cars around. The sensors are very nice though. Adaptive cruise is critical to me, I wouldn't own a vehicle without it. Just drove 4 hours today basically hands free on the highway, between adaptive cruise and lane centering (fooled into thinking my hands were on the wheel by looping my baseball cap on the wheel and putting a bottle of water inside it) it was a perfect experience even in stop and go traffic as unlike on previous vehicles the adaptive cruise will auto-resume after coming to a complete stop in a traffic jam
Sponsored