Sponsored

360 camera, Must have or skip?

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a recent order in for a Lariat 502a. I didn't think I would use the 360 camera, so I decided to leave it off.

Now I'm second guessing. Do you find that it is a yes buy, or meh its ok?
Sponsored

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
backing up a truck with this kind of camera, especially into tight spaces makes it a breeze. I have not done it with the F-150, but I did test it on the Sierra Denali and Ram truck when I test drove those.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Maybe not the answer you are looking for. But after driving a 2019(?) F150 a year ago with the 360 camera. it became an INSTANT must have for me. That was one of the few "I must have no matter what" for my '21 order. Its just so helpful in the city and parking.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Must have for me...

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
My thoughts are if you've lived without it, then it can be skipped. However, once you have a vehicle with a 360 Camera, it will probably become something you'd want going forward. For me, I won't buy another new vehicle without it. The 360 camera on the new 14th gen is quite nice. I had it on my 18 Lariat 502A, but the 21 is a step above. It helps when navigating curbs for me, which helps considering the F150's terrible turning radius.

Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I think it is a great option. I had it on my last BMW and then my 2017 Lariat didn't have it.. I really missed it. My 21 KR has it again. it makes maneuvering in tight spaces a breeze.

colellaphant

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat & 1988 Camaro IROC
My '17 had it, and I think I truly learned the meaning of "you don't know what you got til it's gone"

Definitely miss it.

OP
OP
jcarrico

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very solid response! Looks like I'll be calling my salesman to adjust my order. Thank you folks!

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
Very solid response! Looks like I'll be calling my salesman to adjust my order. Thank you folks!
Good call. I use mine every time I pull into the garage. Just note that the view gets distorted when you fold in the mirrors. The multiple camera modes and zooms on each of the cameras is top notch as well. Especially the front camera.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Good call. I use mine every time I pull into the garage. Just note that the view gets distorted when you fold in the mirrors. The multiple camera modes and zooms on each of the cameras is top notch as well. Especially the front camera.
It only gets distorted with the standard mirrors. With tow mirrors the lens is on the stationary portion of the folding mirrors. I researched the hell out of this because I absolutely need to fold my mirrors to get in/out of the garage. And I need to turn off "auto-fold with key", because I don't want them unfolding until I am fully backed out of the garage.

Sponsored

meyer_22

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid, Lariat
Must have for me. I also added the Co-Pilot360 Active Prep package, which requires the 360 camera. Basically without it you cannot have the lane assist and future hands free driving options. That said, even if I did'nt have to add the 360 camera I would have. It will be incredibly helpful for normal parking, and even more so when trailering.

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
I was in the same boat, I ended up not getting it and this was my reason...
I don't know where you live but I live in CT so we get snow. I have a back up camera now on my truck and every time it snows I can never use the camera cause the snow is always covering it. So having more cameras is useless because your front camera is going to get covered in snow when you are driving into it, the rear camera is going to get covered cause the snow is kicking up behind your truck and the front wheels are going to kick snow up under your mirrors. So you will have all these cameras that will be useless....

If you don't live in a Snow infested part of the country then PLEASE don't mind my response lol

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Yes, a must, unless you never back up! I remember an uncle of mine many years ago asking why my father needed power steering in his brand new Dodge Polara...Sometimes new and better technology is good and worth a bit more cost, IMHO.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
If you’ve never had it, you won’t need it. If you’ve had it, you’ll probably be blind without it.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I was in the same boat, I ended up not getting it and this was my reason...
I don't know where you live but I live in CT so we get snow. I have a back up camera now on my truck and every time it snows I can never use the camera cause the snow is always covering it. So having more cameras is useless because your front camera is going to get covered in snow when you are driving into it, the rear camera is going to get covered cause the snow is kicking up behind your truck and the front wheels are going to kick snow up under your mirrors. So you will have all these cameras that will be useless....

If you don't live in a Snow infested part of the country then PLEASE don't mind my response lol
The front camera has a washer which is quite handy
Sponsored