360 Camera Calibration with Forscan

Ditchpickle

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 2.7 Payload Package
Does anybody who has actually calibrated there 360 cameras using forscan have any tips or tricks? I've been driving around parking lots with fresh lines for HOURS and can't get it to work. On the dash screen , it gets to 6% before timing out. I'll try again and maybe get to 24%. It seems to save progress, and I've gotten as far as 58% but then went back to zero.

Should I drive parallel, perpendicular or diagonally over the lines? Slower? Faster? Yellow lines? White lines?

My cameras are WAY out of whack, so that's probably not helping either, but this is driving me crazy. Please help!!
Sponsored

SnareDrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
Drive perpendicular to the parking lines and drive close to them, you should have the coaching program up on your screen that will show your speed and steering wheel angle. If you don’t have that hit the camera button. You should see the cameras view. Try finding a very large lot with long straight runs, like a shopping mall. Definitely do it early morning when there’s not a lot of traffic in the lot so you don’t have to repeatedly stop.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You cant go over 4 mph.

kt06siggm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
I believe mine is off after I added a 2.5in level. Didn't realize I could recalibrate myself with forscan (assuming it works for me)

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
ive tried the process a few times, but only had it complete once or twice. still have the related DTC. might try it again soon. it's not super easy for me to complete in my area either.

Sponsored

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
I just tried to calibrate however it just says 100% right away and the alignment is still off. Did you ever get it to work?

ksimon123451

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
I am having the same problem. Hopefully some one can give us some insight.

Michael1955

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2011 Crown Vic
Occupation
Retired Pharmacist
You may have to try several times….when it is calibrating there will be a percentage indicator line on the bottom of the screen…it may take 10 minutes…if you see 100% almost immediately then retry. Stay slow…calibration will halt if you turn the wheel too much but will restart once the angle is within limits…good luck

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
can i semi hijack this thread with a related question? doing a manual ipma update wont do anything to correct this, will it? it doesn't kickoff some new calibration/alignment process after an fdrs update, right? that'd be nice. i still have this dtc.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
can i semi hijack this thread with a related question? doing a manual ipma update wont do anything to correct this, will it? it doesn't kickoff some new calibration/alignment process after an fdrs update, right? that'd be nice. i still have this dtc.
I just applied the new IPMA last weekend to my truck in FDRS it definitely does not kick off any camera alignment procedure.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
thanks. yeah, i didn't think it did. i was probably just looking for a reason to get an fdrs license. i've done ipma updates in the past, but not had this same camera alignment dtc at those times either. i will give the alignment process another try on my own, but might have to ask the dealer to do it with their fancy mats or something.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I was able to successfully run the 360 cam calibration (and lane keep calibration) today.

Here is what I did for the 360 cal in case it helps anyone. The pictures here pretty much say it all.

I actually drove parallel with the parking lines, but there were still a lot of perpendicular lines as can be seen. Stayed right around 4-6 mph, and that was it. I would do big loops, turning around at the ends of the parking lot and going back the direction I just came a few lanes over. When turning I would speed up a bit to keep the out-of-parameter steering angle time as short of as possible, then straighten back out and slow down as quick as possible.

You can see my screen shows steering angle and speed. You just want those to stay green for as long as possible.

I could post dash cam video if anyone thinks they need it

Ford F-150 360 Camera Calibration with Forscan IMG_2622

Ford F-150 360 Camera Calibration with Forscan IMG_2623

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
i need to give this another shot. just scoped out 8 decent looking places around me to try. will report back.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
nope. dunno what problem is. ive tried the process a handful of times and got the "process completed successfully" messages a few times, but the dtc persists. xlt running powerfolds and greygoose harness if it matters.
Sponsored