Occupation
Power linemen
But when will any 2.5 coil overs or uca's be available for a 2021! :(

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I'm in full agreement about the tires. If you off-road consistently, a set of tires that are better than the stock all-seasons are a smarter choice.

Johnny Tsunami

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT POWERBOOST
Anyone know what kind actual lift I would get on a Fx4? Most say I wont get the full spec lift because of the offroad package. I want to make sure my tire will fit.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
My 1st "mod" will definitely be disabling "Auto stop-start" and "Cylinder Deactivation" until my engine is broken in. In fact, I'll do it before I even leave the dealer's lot and here's how... (in case you didn't know, and care)

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
Bilstein 6112 leveling kit for 2021 F150?

OP
OP
Stage3Motorsports

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
But when will any 2.5 coil overs or uca's be available for a 2021! :(
Unfortunately release of new products is still unknown as delays of regular production have extended lead times on new releases as well. As soon as we get word we will certainly update the community.

Anyone know what kind actual lift I would get on a Fx4? Most say I wont get the full spec lift because of the offroad package. I want to make sure my tire will fit.
What tire are you looking to run?

Bilstein 6112 leveling kit for 2021 F150?
There unfortunately is no release date yet that I am aware of for the 6112 but as soon as I get some information I will absolutely share with the community.

Frank

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
My 1st "mod" will definitely be disabling "Auto stop-start" and "Cylinder Deactivation" until my engine is broken in. In fact, I'll do it before I even leave the dealer's lot and here's how... (in case you didn't know, and care)

That is actually only for auto start stop not cylinder deactivation unfortunately, it'll probably be something we can disable thru forscan or tune in the near future when they can crack the pcm.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
That is actually only for auto start stop not cylinder deactivation unfortunately, it'll probably be something we can disable thru forscan or tune in the near future when they can crack the pcm.
Could be but these guys make a good case for it disabling Cylinder Deactivation.
Doesn't mean it's true.

Since everyone says it's very difficult to tell when Cyl Deact kicks in, without schematics it's going to be hard to tell if it actually works.

Maybe someone with aftermarket exhaust can try it and let us know. That seems to be the only way to really tell when it's kicking in.

Regardless... Auto Start-Stop isn't something I want my new engine doing either. But for that I can (& will) get this:
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/.../products/2021-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator

Looks fairly easy to install.

I don't want to permanently disable cylinder deactivation anyway. Just during break in.

Sponsored

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150
Could be but these guys make a good case for it disabling Cylinder Deactivation.
Doesn't mean it's true.

Since everyone says it's very difficult to tell when Cyl Deact kicks in, without schematics it's going to be hard to tell if it actually works.

Maybe someone with aftermarket exhaust can try it and let us know. That seems to be the only way to really tell when it's kicking in.

Regardless... Auto Start-Stop isn't something I want my new engine doing either. But for that I can (& will) get this:
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/.../products/2021-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator

I don't want to permanently disable cylinder deactivation anyway. Just during break in.
Seems only logical that Stop/Start will eventually wear the starter out prematurely.

I mean, Ford does some stupid things like EGR bolts coming loose on new 3.0 Power Strokes and going in the motor. Or, in my case, finding out that my 13 water pump impeller was plastic and shattered into a hundred pieces inside the coolant runs. Im still not positive that I got all the pieces out before installing a new pump.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Doesn't mean it's true.

They stated in an updated video that it doesn't work for cylinder deactivation as well as others reporting the same. Bummer for us 5.0 guys but I'm sure a fix will be coming soon, for now sport mode it is!

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
will pulling the plug on cylinder deactivation work on the power boost engine?

Johnny Tsunami

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT POWERBOOST
Unfortunately release of new products is still unknown as delays of regular production have extended lead times on new releases as well. As soon as we get word we will certainly update the community.

What tire are you looking to run?

There unfortunately is no release date yet that I am aware of for the 6112 but as soon as I get some information I will absolutely share with the community.

Frank
Im looking to run a Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/17
Sponsored